• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League The Wachowskis On the Short-List to Direct

Not if he were approached with the right movie. This film IF done right could top his Avatar. It could be a personal challenge. It would be an incredible honor to direct the first movie where Batman & Superman team up.

Another thing I like about Cameron is he delivers strong women on screen. Sarah Connor was an ass kickin b___h you didn't want to mess with. I think he'd produce a similar Wonder Woman.

IMO Wonder Woman is the key to the entire JLA movie. If her character isn't done right, costume & if she's not taken serious & seen as silly & soft the movie will flop.
Nope. From the man himself:

"I’ve divided my time over the last 16 years over deep ocean exploration and filmmaking. I’ve made two movies in 16 years, and I’ve done eight expeditions. Last year I basically completely disbanded my production company’s development arm. So I’m not interested in developing anything. I’m in the 'Avatar' business. Period. That’s it. I’m making 'Avatar 2,' 'Avatar 3,' maybe 'Avatar 4,' and I’m not going to produce other people’s movies for them. I’m not interested in taking scripts."

- The Playlist

:doh:

Wait someone actually brought up the idea that cameron would consider directing JL? Aside from him only doing avatar films now over the last twenty years cameron has only been interested in doing his own original ideas.

You have as much hope getting Cameron to direct a film like JL as you would spielberg or lucas.

cameron can keep his original ideas away from our the justice league ^_^

:doh:

Wait someone actually brought up the idea that cameron would consider directing JL? Aside from him only doing avatar films now over the last twenty years cameron has only been interested in doing his own original ideas.

You have as much hope getting Cameron to direct a film like JL as you would spielberg or lucas.

You could if you gave them 100% creative control but that would be the down side of trying to attract a big name director. I remember hearing that Spielberg wanted to develope and/or direct a live action Ghost in the Shell movie.

That Cameron quote makes me sad. Not that I'd necessarily want him for Justice League, but I just want to see him do something besides Avatar sequels. That story/universe just didn't seem interesting enough to warrant 3 or 4 movies about it, imo.

The only movie that isn't Avatar that he's still probably doing is Battle Angel Alita:

Cameron responded to the Battle Angel question via email over on Ain’t It Cool News. They asked if he would be giving up that project:
No. I still love that project. But Battle Angel is not going to happen for a few years.

That Cameron quote makes me sad. Not that I'd necessarily want him for Justice League, but I just want to see him do something besides Avatar sequels. That story/universe just didn't seem interesting enough to warrant 3 or 4 movies about it, imo.

I'm baffled over how he can get *2* movies out of it. The only logical sequel to the first ends fifteen minutes in with orbital bombardment.

These directors have only made one good movie and that is The Matrix. I love the Matrix to death and I still watch it to this day but The Matrix came out 13 years ago so yeah. The Matrix sequels were terrible and Speed Racer had great parts but unfortunately never came together. V is decent but far too heavy handed and I haven't had the urge to watch it more than one or two times. I think that they are lame one hit wonders so I hope that they don't get the gig.

The Wachowskis only wrote and produced V for Vendetta; James McTeigue directed it.

I think some directors are only as good as the scripts they're using. The Wachowskis, Brett Ratner (yes I said it), Ben Affleck, and so forth. And while some directors like Spielberg or Cameron could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear... they're just not interested.

These directors have only made one good movie and that is The Matrix. I love the Matrix to death and I still watch it to this day but The Matrix came out 13 years ago so yeah. The Matrix sequels were terrible and Speed Racer had great parts but unfortunately never came together. V is decent but far too heavy handed and I haven't had the urge to watch it more than one or two times. I think that they are lame one hit wonders so I hope that they don't get the gig.

You forgot about Bound. That was a great movie.

Parts of it, anyway. :hehe:

I think I'd be fairly happy if the Wachowskis ended up signing on - they could do a great job. I still think I'd prefer Affleck, but I guess that ship has sailed already.

Personally I'm glad Cameron's doing nothing but Avatar - his hokey story-telling needs to stay far away from my DC characters! He's good at what he does, but what he does is about as subtle and nuanced as a brick.

Man, where's BRAD BIRD? Why isn't Warner Bros taking a ton of cash in a van to his doorstep. Please. The man was born for this. He will do it right.

He's currently having a love affair with Pixar. :o

wb sticks to in house directors like

snyder,affleck,jackson,Wachowskis,Cauron,Yates

Bird might be under consideration and WB might even offer it to him. The question is , will he accept the offer.
Don't forget that something that Justice League is huge. The wachowski's were able to shoot 2 movies back-to-back and release them within 6 months.
They were able to handle such a massive project.
Ditto Yates. Yates to me at least looks like a studio director , in that he'll do what the studio asks him , but still churn out a good movie.
I dunno about Cuaron because he seems to be a kind of director who would rather make his own movies.
Plus he's still bosy with Gravity.

The question is. Which project will the wachowski's choose.
This or Jupiter Rising.

my top chocies would be Snyder,Yates,Wachowski all 3 would excel in spectacle and darker tone and solid directors

Bird might be under consideration and WB might even offer it to him. The question is , will he accept the offer.
Don't forget that something that Justice League is huge. The wachowski's were able to shoot 2 movies back-to-back and release them within 6 months.
They were able to handle such a massive project.
Ditto Yates. Yates to me at least looks like a studio director , in that he'll do what the studio asks him , but still churn out a good movie.

I think Bird might entertain the idea. He's been moving to live action, and the 1906 earthquake dream-film of his keeps stalling (though it seems to be moving forward now). I think he'd manage to knock JL out of the park, but in a completely different way to what Joss did with Avengers.

I think WB needs to look outside their current stable and aim to bring in new talent.

Yates would be disappointing for me. He manages to make some of the most epic Harry Potter moments seem so...humdrum. He saps the excitement out of things somehow. He is competent, but not much more. They could do worse, but they could do much better.

I've always wanted to see Cuaron do a DC film, but I think his talents would be better suited to Batman, Hawkman or someone more obscure like Hourman (which I still think could make a damn good film).

What about Ruben Fleischer? I'll reserve full judgment until I've seen Gangster Squad, but it looks really promising.

Brad Bird really is the dream pick. I'm fairly certain he would make something incredible but given the cards WB is currently looking at, I'd be more than fine with the Wachowskis.

It really would be something if they somehow got Brad Bird though.

i love bird but imo he would of been better suited for fantastic four

Who ever they get , it needs to be someone who can handle the pressure of such a big project. And at least 200 million for the budget plz.

thats why i say get snyder watchmen and mos alone is enough pressure for a director's lifetime lol

I think Abrams would be the ideal personally. Moreso than Bird anyways.

Snyder being the obvious decision(just like he was on MOS). As for in house directors, Jackson is busy. I think depending on how Pacific Rim turns out, Del Torro should be an option, this seems right up his alley.

JJ Abrams could throw in a load of lens flares whenever Green Lantern uses his ring, or Superman with heat vision :awesome::o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"