• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. Damndamndamn... I try to push him back before it sinks in.

He wants me. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer, kissing him deeply.

Wants... 'this' not me. I push him away.

"I'm not going to satisfy a 'want' that you happen to have while I'm around, you can go find a hooker for that. This isn't going to play out again Ollie."

He wants me. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer, kissing him deeply.

Wants... 'this' not me. I push him away.

"I'm not going to satisfy a 'want' that you happen to have while I'm around, you can go find a hooker for that. This isn't going to play out again Ollie."

"You think all I want is sex? No, that's like a cherry on top. I want to wake up in the morning and have the sound of your steady breathing be the first thing I hear every morning. I want you to be there with me when Mia graduates high school. I want you on my arm when I go to some city council charity function. I want to show you off to the whole damn city and watch as they all turn green with envy. I want you by my side as we watch Lian grow up and turn into the woman she's going to become. I don't want this, I want you."

'I want you too.' Geezits Dinah, stop. He doesn't even know.. he doesn't...

I study his eyes, looking for any doubt, any faithlessness. He's never lied when he's said he loved me in the past. He's just never been totally...faithful about it. His eyes returned a steady gaze.

"Ollie, I-" Stop Dinah.

"Are you saying I snore?" AH smooooooooooooooothe move. Michael and Ted would be proud.

"Ollie, I-" Stop Dinah.

"Are you saying I snore?" AH smooooooooooooooothe move. Michael and Ted would be proud.

I smirk.

"Damn right you snore. You also hog the covers....but I could care less."

I lean back in, trying to make my move again. I can smell her again as I edge my lips closer to hers, pulling her body against mine.

"I still love you, Dinah," I whisper. "Always have, always will. You're not getting away from me that easy."

I smirk.

"Damn right you snore. You also hog the covers....but I could care less."

I lean back in, trying to make my move again. I can smell her again as I edge my lips closer to hers, pulling her body against mine.

"I still love you, Dinah," I whisper. "Always have, always will. You're not getting away from me that easy."

"Look who's talking Mr. I-ordered-a-pizza-at-midnight-without-knowing-it."

I place my hands on his chest.

"I better not." The voices and thoughts in my head go quiet. Except... one: I owe him an apology.

Running my hands to his neck I tilt his head down and kiss him. Got that one covered.

"Look who's talking Mr. I-ordered-a-pizza-at-midnight-without-knowing-it."

I place my hands on his chest.

"I better not." The voices and thoughts in my head go quiet. Except... one: I owe him an apology.

Running my hands to his neck I tilt his head down and kiss him. Got that one covered.

Dinah and I break away. I keep kissing her as I pull my phone out.

"Hold on, I need to send a text to Connor. Tell him not to wait up...."

Later

"Hold on....let me, let me get my shoe off."

"Ow ow ow. You're on my hair!"

"Sorry. Let me get this....there we go."

"Help me get this off."

"Jesus, is it held on with locks?"

"Forget how to lockpick?"

"Never, been keeping my bump key ready for this."

"Should use a snap gun. There it is.....mmmmh."

"God, I missed you."

"I'm still mad you know....hmmm."

"Good, I like it when you're angry. Do you think we could...uhh, you know, because of my back?"

"You're such an old man, roll over."

""Yeah well, you only get de-aged once. Whoa.....there we go......."

"Yeah, you're an old man, but you're my old man. Shift over a bit."

"Don't I know it. Like that?"

"Yeah...oh, yeah....mmmh....yeah."

"Harder."

"How's that? Hmm?"

"Just like you never left. Harder."

"...Just for that, it's your turn."

"Ooohh baby, have I got an arrow for you."

"Aim it just right and I'll tweet for you."

"Mh. Mh. Mh."

"That's it.....keeping doing....don't stop. I'm...I'm almost."

"Oooohh yeaahh. Start chirping for me, Pretty Bird."

"Don't stop. Faster, Ollie!"

"Oh, God. Dinah, I'm almost read-"

"Right there don't stop. Oh, God. I'm..."

"Uhhh."

"aaaaaaaahhh. AAAAAhhh. "

"Whew....you have no idea how much I've been looking forward to this

"I can imagine."

"Want me to nock another?"

"Bring it, Robin Hood."

A bright light hit my eyes, ugh, morning. I turned away and slowly forced my eyes open. Where..oh right. I smile and stretch out, staring at the ceiling in a half-awake blur. It wasn't supposed to happen like this, but I'd be lying if it wasn't fun. I sigh deeply, I need to tell Ollie about what happened. I owe it too him, and the others. I turn towards where I remember his body being the night before.

Empty.

I sit straight up, my hand clenching the empty sheets. The panic trickles from my head into my chest. Figures. he probably had a council meeting, or a business meeting or… he just left. I throw the covers off, grab my clothes and head for the bathroom, glancing at the time as I go. 10:08am, it adds more urgency to my need to get out of here. Lian's school only goes till 12 today, half-day Friday's or something, I'd told her I'd be there. Never had half-days when I was growing up. I angrily shut the bathroom door behind me and it dawns on me that Ollie picked a pretty classy hotel.

I run my hand along the marble countertop, before catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Oh man, I put my fingers under my eyes, I look like a horror.

I wash up quickly, before sliding back into my outfit from last night. Roy's going to love this when I show up. Leaving the bathroom I contemplated calling a cab but, flying would afford me -not- having to do the walk of shame in a wrinkled dress through a very upscale hotel lobby. I look around the room, or rooms, again. A living area attached to the bedroom with a long balcony running the entire length of both. I push open the french doors to outside and breathe in. I knew where we were. It was a very ritzy area along the coast, just at the city limits. I watched the waves hit the cliffs, the spray meeting the sunlight like a million tiny diamonds. I smile despite my best efforts. At least he's not cheap. I unclasp my necklace and slide the blue ring on, time to go.

"Yah know. You can take me off before ya copulate?" Saff's voice rang in my head as she snaked out of the ring and formed in front of me, her hand outstretched stopping me. The sparkling blue energy that constructed her glistened in the mid-morning sun.

I jump.

"Geez, Saff, really?" I blush, realizing I had kept my necklace on all night.

"Not that Ah can be too upset. He is a wonderful lover." She smiled slyly, her southern accent pulling slowly over the words.

"At least someone enjoyed the show." I close my eyes, not hearing this.

She meandered into the room, looking it over.

"Nice place he picked."

I grab my purse which I just realized I would have flown off without.
"Yeah, just great. Can we go?"

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"Ah said: No" The words slide out smoothly, as she turned and smiled at me.

"Ah've let you do your own thing for a long time sweetie. But, even though ah exist as just a ring right now. You made a big mistake leavin'."

I throw my hands up.
"Thanks. Great. Now you tell me." I feel like I'm 12 again.

She shrugged.
" I wasn't in a position to tell you before." She draped herself into a chair, calling to mind a pin-up pose from the 40's. Her short, fitted dress pulled together at the waist by a large belt, her Domino mask flared out on either end cutting into the perfectly placed waves of hair that half covered one eye.

Yeah, after that trip to Oa… I didn't really give her a chance much.

She stood up swiftly, and put her hand on my shoulder.
"Give it some time." She put her hand over mine and slipped the ring off, disappearing as it fell to the floor.

I pick it up and hold it in my hand, sometimes I wonder how Hal does it. Oh right, his ring doesn't act like his mother.

Below the clouds of this world's atmosphere, the ground quickly grows as we approach. But in the distance, coming from the area we seek, a colored trail of energy becomes visible. Violet energy.

I slow my decent as Ferris approaches, signaling for the others to do the same. I float in the air patiently, my arms crossed over my chest. Won't Carol be surprised when-

"Eh?"

As the violet light closes in on us, the Sapphire behind it becomes visible. And I find myself quite surprised.

"Well...you've certainly changed, Carol,"
I say with equal parts curiosity, sarcasm, and disappointment.

Saint Walker flies along side Sinestro keeping an eye on him. To Walker's surprise, Kyle Rayner is being rather quiet especially since they did return to his home planet. He may have the same reservations that Walker has about joining forces with Atrocitus and Sinestro. Walker then picks up the Sapphire signal approaching them and is also surprised to see a blue skinned woman instead of someone similar to Kyle's skin tone.

"Ring, identify the Sapphire coming at us."

"The Sapphire is Miri Riam of the Star Sapphire Corps."

"I'm guessing this wasn't the Sapphire you had in mind who would be on Earth, Sinestro.

To Miri's irritation, Sinestro spoke first.

"I don't know where Sapphire Ferris-Jordan is at. Last I knew she was in Coast City. Maybe she went to Zamaron on official business but no matter. If you are to disrupt the love that I sense in this city or this planet, I will stop all four of you if I have to. It does surprise me to see a Green Lantern and Blue Lantern along side the leaders of the Yellow and Red Lanterns. The Zamarons don't really trust the Guardians of the Universe would they be Green or Blue Corp and I can guarantee they severally distrust the one who founded the Yellow and Red Corps even though some of the female Yellow Corps did turn out to be decent Sapphires."

Kyle then speaks up as he flies closer to Miri almost getting between her and Sinestro.

"It isn't what you think, Miri. We have a good reason to be with Atrocitus and Sinestro. We aren't there to disrupt or destroy anything. This is my home planet and I would be right with you defending it if the idea was to attack. All I ask is for you to listen to Sinestro and his admittedly wild idea."

batlogo.gif

Previously

The Deuce Club

A dilapidated nightclub in the heart of Gotham. It has everything he'd want. Location, privacy, and the most important part is the name.

Two guards are watching the door. Damian and I dispatch them with two well placed batarangs before busting into the front door. A guard on the inside begins to pull a gun. Damian stops him short, kicking the man in the leg and grabbing his pistol before whipping him in the head with the weapon.

We both walk soundlessly through the darkened nightclub until we come to the dance floor that's become his office. He has a few more thugs around. They all pull their guns as soon as they see Damian and I.

"I'm here for you."

"It's been awhile. Heard you were back in town, good to see it's true."

tdkrl4.png

"But It's also a real shame we have to put you back in the grave so soon."

"Robin, you go left and I go right."

Two-Face's thugs train their guns on the spot where Damian and I are and fire. The bullets rip through the space where we had been just a fraction of a second ago. I fall to the ground and roll to avoid another half-clip burst of bullets. I come out of my roll and sling two batarangs at the two closest thugs, knocking the automatic weapons out of their hands. I pounce on the two men, leaping through the air and striking them both in the chest with my boots. They crumble to the ground and I fall right behind them, delivering knockout blows to the head before they've stopped falling.

Meanwhile, Damian delivers a devastating blow to the knee of Two-Face's only conscious associate. The man's knee buckles and Damian appears to run up the man's sternum, delivering a powerful roundhouse kick to his face to knock him out.

All the heavies are out of play, leaving just Harvey.

"Well done, Batman. Good to see you haven't lost a step."

In his left hand is his coin, a .45 is clutched in the other hand.

"Why'd you do it, Harvey?"

"Be a bit more clearer, please. I've done a lot of things."

"Joker's murder. You had him killed in cold blood."

The non-scarred side of his face twitches around the corner's of his mouth before smiling.

"I didn't kill him, didn't order it either. I just footed the bill after I was asked."

"What are you talking about?" I growl.

"Still don't get it, do you? This little dog and pony show, it was done just for you."

Suddenly, the answers all fall into place and something clicks in my head. I know what's going on now, and who killed Joker.
"Give me a name, Harvey. Who pulled the trigger?"

"C'mon, where's the fun in my telling?"

"Don't choose to tell me." I nod towards the coin. "Let fate decide for you."

Harvey looks down at the coin and back up to me before training his gun on me. "You or your birdboy better not try anything cute."

Tiiiing

The coin rockets upward in a metallic blur of motion. Two-Face stares up, transfixed on it. I move swiftly, tossing the smoke bomb at my feet.

"What the f-"

BLAM! BLAM!

Shoots ring through the club and the bullets tear through the smoke, I cover the ground between Harvey and just as I hear it

Thap.
The coin lands in his hand just a second before I tackle him and drive him to the ground. We struggle and wrestle on the floor.

"No...let...me go!"

I grab Harvey's hand and bring it to the ground, forcing him to open his hand. The unscathed side of the coin stares up from his palm.

"Give me....the name!"

Thunder rumble somewhere off in the distance. Another summer storm is approaching. My thoughts drift to Two-Face. We were friends a lifetime ago. The two of us, along with Jim Gordon, formed a trinity dedicated to cleaning up Gotham and making it a safer. Harvey eventually caved to the city's madness and our alliance shattered like his mind. Jim and I failed Harvey....and I feel, in a lot of way we've failed the city. The mob is long gone, but it's been replaced by something more dangerous is worse.

No, I can't think too broadly. That's the first rule about doing this kind of work, the big picture can paralyze us with apathy and indifference. Take your victories one night at a time. If I start to think like that, I'll cave too. It's so easy to cross the line, to give in to the toxicity of Gotham and be twisted into what we always fear we'll become.

A car backfires down the block and I'm snapped out of my thoughts. I've been watching the same apartment building for six hours now. Despite Damian's protests, I came alone tonight. He wouldn't understand, but I need to do this alone. Six hours, and I'm still waiting for a sign. This is the place that Harvey said he'd be at. I'm honestly surprised he's still in Gotham. It's not his M.O. to dwell in one place for too long.

A light comes on in the window and I perk up. A shadow passes across the window and I know Harvey was telling the truth. I fire a grapnel line into the air and swing across the gap between buildings. I let go and crash through the window, skidding across the broken glass and coming to a stop in the kitchen. I stand on my haunches, a batarang out and ready to attack. The man in front of me calmly raises his arm and stares me down.

Deadshot3.jpg

"How's it going, Bats?"

Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot.

The man who murdered the Joker.

GALogo.gif

I stare out at the ocean as the elevator climbs. In my hand is a bag filled with muffins and a few bacon and egg sandwiches from the shop down the block. The elevator doors open and I step out into the hallway and walk towards the room.

I hope Dinah's...but then again if she's asleep, I can think of a pretty damn good way to make sure she starts the day off on the right foot. My thoughts are interrupted as the William Tell Overture blares out of my pocket.

Pulling my cellphone out, I answer it.

"This is Queen.....yeah, hey, Donny....uhh, does he have the proper permits? Well, I don't think he can do it....because that neighborhood isn't zoned for commercial properties.....If he wants, he can appeal for a special permit with the zoning board....Let me look at what he wants to do, and if the plans look alright, I'll speak for him at the meeting....alright, call me later, bye."

I hang up and stick the phone back in my pocket. With my hand still in my pocket, I pull out the keycard and swipe it, unlocking the room's door.

"Wakey, wakey," I say as I come in the hotel room. "Eggs and bakey."

Saint Walker flies along side Sinestro keeping an eye on him. To Walker's surprise, Kyle Rayner is being rather quiet especially since they did return to his home planet. He may have the same reservations that Walker has about joining forces with Atrocitus and Sinestro. Walker then picks up the Sapphire signal approaching them and is also surprised to see a blue skinned woman instead of someone similar to Kyle's skin tone.

"Ring, identify the Sapphire coming at us."

"The Sapphire is Miri Riam of the Star Sapphire Corps."

"I'm guessing this wasn't the Sapphire you had in mind who would be on Earth, Sinestro.

"Indeed not."

To Miri's irritation, Sinestro spoke first.

"I don't know where Sapphire Ferris-Jordan is at. Last I knew she was in Coast City. Maybe she went to Zamaron on official business but no matter. If you are to disrupt the love that I sense in this city or this planet, I will stop all four of you if I have to. It does surprise me to see a Green Lantern and Blue Lantern along side the leaders of the Yellow and Red Lanterns. The Zamarons don't really trust the Guardians of the Universe would they be Green or Blue Corp and I can guarantee they severally distrust the one who founded the Yellow and Red Corps even though some of the female Yellow Corps did turn out to be decent Sapphires."

Kyle then speaks up as he flies closer to Miri almost getting between her and Sinestro.

"It isn't what you think, Miri. We have a good reason to be with Atrocitus and Sinestro. We aren't there to disrupt or destroy anything. This is my home planet and I would be right with you defending it if the idea was to attack. All I ask is for you to listen to Sinestro and his admittedly wild idea."

"If there's anything you should learn," I say to the Sapphire, "is that blind devotion to a Guardian, any Guardian, is a serious mistake."

"Although it kills me to agree with this guy, he's probably right about that. Listen, let me give you the short version. Someone's killing Lanterns and taking their rings. They've already hit at least three Corps that we know of. We're trying to stop that number from going up."

"Hence the need to find Ferris. If someone is taking these rings to use them, then having members from every Corps hunt them down is likely the best way to fight them."

Superman.png

Streetside windows shattered for miles as the blows came. The Man of Steel felt the force of a freight train hit him squarely in the chest, knocking him through a nearby moving van that had been parked in the middle of the intersection. Several pedestrians scattered in fright as Superman's latest enemy, made to look like an earlier version of Metallo, strolled through the streets and brought chaos in his wake. Several cops shot at the threat, but the bullets bounced off of his armored body like they were nothing. He simply growled at them and shot off a blast of energy from a wristbound pulsator, devastating the street infront of their cars and causing them to all fall back. Picking himself up out of the truck, Superman realized the imminent danger that 'Metallus' posed to the citizens and quickly flew back into the fray. Can't let him attack the police. He's too strong, he'll rip right through them!

Barrelling directly into Metallus mid-way through his attack, Superman wrapped his arms around the metallic hide and lifted him straight into the air, flying them both away from the streets and out of Suicide Slums. Metallus simply laughed back him, breaking an arm free of The Man of Steel's grip and slamming the fist into his face. Reeling from the impact, he momentarily lapsed his hold and dropped Metallus - only to realize that they were now both floating in the air. The fact that this new enemy looked so much like Metallo only disoriented him further, leaving him open to further attack as Metallus flew forward and drove his knee into Superman's midsection.

"I don't know what's more pathetic about you. Your compassion, or your naivety."

Trying to throw another punch, Metallus' efforts were wasted as Superman caught his fist and firmly held it back, grabbing the other as it came to fight him off. The two circled through the air and smashed into the side of a skyscraper before Superman eventually tossed him through the air and flew after him at nearly supersonic speeds.

"Luckily for me, you won't get to decide tonight. If you're not the real Metallo, like you've said, then why are you attacking the city?"

Drifting at his own velocity, Metallus slammed his shoulder into Superman at mid-flight, leveling the both of them at the same altitude. Before he could provide a counter-attack, Krypton's son was met with a nearly crippling blow that ripped into the clouds beside them.

"No. Not the city. These people are merely ants that distracted me from my real goal,"

Fiercely grabbing at Superman's face, Metallus' fingers began to press down into his skin in a savage attempt to crush the hero's skull in. "You were always the primary target. It didn't take much to lure you out of hiding, even this soon after Luthor's death. Tell me, did that even bother you, to see a man die right there in the room? Or were you just glad that you finally did it?"

Realizing the villain had touched a nerve, Superman fought back his anger as he slammed his arms up into Metallus' and drove them away, slamming his fists across the metallic visage that glared back at him. Normally Clark would feel the compulsion to hold himself back in the event that his enemies were human, but nothing indicated that Metallus was anything more than an advanced machine. Even his predecessor had a human mind - a human soul. This seemed like more of a cold attempt at emulating Corben's abilities, perhaps even amplifying them.

"Let me tell you something about Lex Luthor,"

Hitting him with as much strength as he could manage without having to concentrate, Superman sent Metallus upwards into the skies with a hard uppercut.

"For all of his humanity, there was no man on the face of this Earth that could ever incite as much frustration from me. He had done things to me that few could hope to even rival, touched nerves in me that no one could even imagine."

Flying up and grabbing his enemy by the legs, Superman swung Metallus' entire body around him in a fast circle until he had built up enough of a momentum to let go. When he finally did, the villain was hurdled back towards Metropolis, unable to activate his own jets in time to stop his descent. Rapidly descending in order to catch up, The Man of Steel brought both hands up and clasped them together to deliver a haymaker as Metallus fell to him. He subsequently rocketed back into the air, where Superman caught up and grabbed him by the chestpiece.

RPG5-8.png

"So if you're looking to be any sort of replacement, quit while you're ahead. There's nothing you can do to hurt me that Luthor didn't already try."

Metallus grabbed at Superman's arm and smiled back with synthetic lips, abeit weakly.

"My employer and I can think of a few things he didn't."

Instantaneously, his eyes began to glow with a green energy. Superman recognized the sensation all too well, but didn't balk at it in the slightest degree.

"Maybe you haven't heard, but kryptonite doesn't have the same effect on me as it used to."

"Kryptonite? No, try a little harder..."

And all at once, Superman's entire body was blasted with a bright beam of a highly lethal radiation. Even with the state of his supercharged powers, Clark could feel the sting as it launched him miles into the air, across half of Metropolis and above the harbor. Even as his skin felt as if it were boiling under the steam, Superman found himself able to catch him own velocity in mid-air and come to a stop. Looking at his body in confusion as the foreign substance washed into his cells, The Man of Tommorow realized that whatever he had been exposed to wasn't of any substance known to Earth. It was alien.

"Feel that, Man of Superiority?"

Less than a few seconds later, and Metallus was already back on him.

"That's the sensation of a hundred different worlds' most lethal toxicities. A combination of every single thing that has helped wipe out over half of this universes' species before anyone could realize they existed. Call it the fruit of all of your laboring."

Grabbing Metallus by the face, Superman ripped into it like it was a mask covering actual skin that lied beneath. But what he saw wasn't a man. What he saw was something he could only describe as alien technology and biology gone horribly awry. Metallus smirked back at him, grabbing the fold of his cape.

"You and I share something in common, Superman. Neither of us are of this world. The only difference is..."

With a blow much stronger than before, The Man of Steel was knocked right out of the skies.

"YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE WIPED AWAY!"

5425827803_ca73b04e68.jpg

Mary and Captain Marvel break their embrace.

Marvel says, "If you want I'll stay here. I can walk away from Gotham and leave it in Batman's hands completely again. I'll tell WHIZ's Media Center I'm needed back here due to a family situation I'm sure they'd understand."

Mary says, "No you still have work to do in Gotham. I can manage here besides I've already been in contact with other members of the Justice League and other heroes as well. They are willing to help me out when I need them and from time to time until you get done in Gotham. They understand."

Marvel bows his head slightly and Mary says, "And so do I."

Marvel raises his head and Mary says, "There's nothing left for you to do here. The bodies were destroyed I've already said there is to be no memorial service and the never ending battle as Superman calls it is not going to wait for us to feel better."

She steps back and says, "You are Captain Marvel a hero to millions, including me. It's time for you to get back to work."

Marvel steels himself and embraces Mary once more and says with a smile, "Thanks Sis! If you'll excuse me I got work to do."

He steps back and takes flight back to Gotham.

"Miri to Sapphire Ferris, we may have a situation. Sinestro and Kyle Rayner claim that there is some sort of ring hunter out there attacking the different Corps. Do we have anything to back up their claims?"

An image of Carol in her Sapphire outfit appears a few inches above Miri's ring with crystaline structures behind her.

"Yes, Miri, I have to sadly report that Sinestro and Kyle are correct. We've lost three members to this monster. They couldn't identify the attacker but when we got their, residual green, blue, and yellow energies were around the area. Who or whatever it is, it does seem to be hunting the rings because none of the dead Sapphires' rings went to find any replacements. It is possible the rings were either captured or destroyed. As you may be able to tell, I'm on Zamaron working with the Zamarons trying to figure out the best way to handle this situation. What idea does Sinestro and Kyle have?"

"They, along with Saint Walker of the Blue Lantern Corps and Atrocitus of the Red Lantern Corps said that the best way is for a representative of each Corp to join up since we know the strengths and weaknesses of our own rings. They came to Earth looking for you to join them."

"Sorry to disappoint them but I'm needed here on Zamaron but you can be our representative to take down this universal menance."

Miri falls a few feet before regaining her posture.

"If I may be so bold, Sapphire Miri, I don't like the idea of teaming up with Atrocitus or Sinestro but fighting this attacker together might be our only hope. We don't know the reasons for the attacker targeting each Corps or what the end plan could be but for the sake of each of our Corps and very possibly the Universe, we have to work together."

Miri floats there for a few minutes debating about the team up. Kyle and Walker she could work with but Sinestro and Atrocitus would be difficult. If Kyle could put up with those two then maybe so can Miri.

"Alright, if it means saving the Star Sapphire Corps and possibly the Universe, I'm in."

She finally realizes that counting her, they only have five members with Indigo Tribe and Larfleeze missing.

"So where are the other two colors? If this monster has an orange ring, that could mean that Larfleeze is dead or missing a ring which he won't like at all. How are we going to get the Indigo Tribe since we don't know where they are based at or any of their members?"

5425827803_ca73b04e68.jpg

Marvel swoops back into the main street of Gotham City. He politely smiles and waves as he goes by stopping any crime that he might see along the way.

He then heads back towards Arkham Asylum and sees the crews working at break neck pace to finish the repairs.

Marvel says to the Foreman, "Could you all us another set of hands? I can help out."

The Foreman says, "Look pal we got plenty of help we don't..." just then he turns to see Marvel hovering just above him and says, "Wow! I mean sure thing Captain Marvel. As effective as your holding cell has been I think Gotham will rest easier once these guys are back in their cells."

Marvel nods and says, "I agree with you. Where can I help?"

The Foreman says, "The south wall could use some shoring up."

Marvel says, "On my way."

"Miri to Sapphire Ferris, we may have a situation. Sinestro and Kyle Rayner claim that there is some sort of ring hunter out there attacking the different Corps. Do we have anything to back up their claims?"

An image of Carol in her Sapphire outfit appears a few inches above Miri's ring with crystaline structures behind her.

"Yes, Miri, I have to sadly report that Sinestro and Kyle are correct. We've lost three members to this monster. They couldn't identify the attacker but when we got their, residual green, blue, and yellow energies were around the area. Who or whatever it is, it does seem to be hunting the rings because none of the dead Sapphires' rings went to find any replacements. It is possible the rings were either captured or destroyed. As you may be able to tell, I'm on Zamaron working with the Zamarons trying to figure out the best way to handle this situation. What idea does Sinestro and Kyle have?"

"They, along with Saint Walker of the Blue Lantern Corps and Atrocitus of the Red Lantern Corps said that the best way is for a representative of each Corp to join up since we know the strengths and weaknesses of our own rings. They came to Earth looking for you to join them."

"Sorry to disappoint them but I'm needed here on Zamaron but you can be our representative to take down this universal menance."

Miri falls a few feet before regaining her posture.

"If I may be so bold, Sapphire Miri, I don't like the idea of teaming up with Atrocitus or Sinestro but fighting this attacker together might be our only hope. We don't know the reasons for the attacker targeting each Corps or what the end plan could be but for the sake of each of our Corps and very possibly the Universe, we have to work together."

Miri floats there for a few minutes debating about the team up. Kyle and Walker she could work with but Sinestro and Atrocitus would be difficult. If Kyle could put up with those two then maybe so can Miri.

"Alright, if it means saving the Star Sapphire Corps and possibly the Universe, I'm in."

She finally realizes that counting her, they only have five members with Indigo Tribe and Larfleeze missing.

"So where are the other two colors? If this monster has an orange ring, that could mean that Larfleeze is dead or missing a ring which he won't like at all. How are we going to get the Indigo Tribe since we don't know where they are based at or any of their members?"

"Plans are already in the works to make sure we can find our missing members. I have my entire Corps out searching, spreading the appropriate word."

"Wait, what word?"

"Why your Corps?! What about mine!" Atrocitus demands loudly.

I turn to Atrocitus. "Because your Corps would likely try and kill rather than just report. And that's assuming they had the mental capacity to report in the first place."

"They would obey my commands."

"Doubtful."

"And your Corps will obey yours?"

"Yes." The tone of my voice leaves little doubt that no one in my Corps would enjoy the consequences of disobeying me.

"But, for now,"
I say, putting the conversation back on track. "We need only wait here."

They all look around at each other. "Um...why here?" Rayner says, indicating the sky around us.

"Oh, not up here. On Earth."

"Why is that?"

"Because this is where Larfleeze is coming..."

Miri looks at Sinestro oddly.

"What would you have that would bring Agent Orange to this planet? What little time I've spent here learning about the different forms of love I've seen plenty of things that people claim they love but only lust or long for. You didn't by chance steal anything of his, did you Sinestro?"

"Unlike Miri or Kyle here, I do not know what that creature would want on this planet unless he is finally realizing that his greed is his undoing and looking for something to put his trust and hope in besides material things. What I do hope for is once he arrives that whatever you do have will be enough to convince him to work with us. All well be well."

batlogo.gif

Previously

"Robin, you go left and I go right."

Two-Face's thugs train their guns on the spot where Damian and I are and fire. The bullets rip through the space where we had been just a fraction of a second ago. I fall to the ground and roll to avoid another half-clip burst of bullets. I come out of my roll and sling two batarangs at the two closest thugs, knocking the automatic weapons out of their hands. I pounce on the two men, leaping through the air and striking them both in the chest with my boots. They crumble to the ground and I fall right behind them, delivering knockout blows to the head before they've stopped falling.

Meanwhile, Damian delivers a devastating blow to the knee of Two-Face's only conscious associate. The man's knee buckles and Damian appears to run up the man's sternum, delivering a powerful roundhouse kick to his face to knock him out.

All the heavies are out of play, leaving just Harvey.

"Well done, Batman. Good to see you haven't lost a step."

In his left hand is his coin, a .45 is clutched in the other hand.

"Why'd you do it, Harvey?"

"Be a bit more clearer, please. I've done a lot of things."

"Joker's murder. You had him killed in cold blood."

The non-scarred side of his face twitches around the corner's of his mouth before smiling.

"I didn't kill him, didn't order it either. I just footed the bill after I was asked."

"What are you talking about?" I growl.

"Still don't get it, do you? This little dog and pony show, it was done just for you."

Suddenly, the answers all fall into place and something clicks in my head. I know what's going on now, and who killed Joker.
"Give me a name, Harvey. Who pulled the trigger?"

"C'mon, where's the fun in my telling?"

"Don't choose to tell me." I nod towards the coin. "Let fate decide for you."

Harvey looks down at the coin and back up to me before training his gun on me. "You or your birdboy better not try anything cute."

Tiiiing

The coin rockets upward in a metallic blur of motion. Two-Face stares up, transfixed on it. I move swiftly, tossing the smoke bomb at my feet.

"What the f-"

BLAM! BLAM!

Shoots ring through the club and the bullets tear through the smoke, I cover the ground between Harvey and just as I hear it

Thap.
The coin lands in his hand just a second before I tackle him and drive him to the ground. We struggle and wrestle on the floor.

"No...let...me go!"

I grab Harvey's hand and bring it to the ground, forcing him to open his hand. The unscathed side of the coin stares up from his palm.

"Give me....the name!"

Thunder rumble somewhere off in the distance. Another summer storm is approaching. My thoughts drift to Two-Face. We were friends a lifetime ago. The two of us, along with Jim Gordon, formed a trinity dedicated to cleaning up Gotham and making it a safer. Harvey eventually caved to the city's madness and our alliance shattered like his mind. Jim and I failed Harvey....and I feel, in a lot of way we've failed the city. The mob is long gone, but it's been replaced by something more dangerous is worse.

No, I can't think too broadly. That's the first rule about doing this kind of work, the big picture can paralyze us with apathy and indifference. Take your victories one night at a time. If I start to think like that, I'll cave too. It's so easy to cross the line, to give in to the toxicity of Gotham and be twisted into what we always fear we'll become.

A car backfires down the block and I'm snapped out of my thoughts. I've been watching the same apartment building for six hours now. Despite Damian's protests, I came alone tonight. He wouldn't understand, but I need to do this alone. Six hours, and I'm still waiting for a sign. This is the place that Harvey said he'd be at. I'm honestly surprised he's still in Gotham. It's not his M.O. to dwell in one place for too long.

A light comes on in the window and I perk up. A shadow passes across the window and I know Harvey was telling the truth. I fire a grapnel line into the air and swing across the gap between buildings. I let go and crash through the window, skidding across the broken glass and coming to a stop in the kitchen. I stand on my haunches, a batarang out and ready to attack. The man in front of me calmly raises his arm and stares me down.

Deadshot3.jpg

"How's it going, Bats?"

Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot.

The man who murdered the Joker.

Lawton fires a round from his wrist gauntlets just as I dip to the right. Bullets tears through my cape and I toss my batarang at Lawton and strike both his guns in one fluid motion. The strike knocks his arms back and I leap, striking Lawton in the chest with my boots. I land on top of Lawton and punch him in the throat, causing him to cough and gag.

"Who hired you, Floyd?"

"Go **** yourself."

Lawton swings his arms back around and takes aim at my chest. I fall back to the ground as the bullets shoot up. Most of them avoid me, but one bullet strikes me in the chest and drives me down into the floor.

I grunt and rub the spot in my body armor where Lawton's bullet hit. The armor's cracked and my chest is going to be bruised in the morning, but it's nothing I haven't been through before.

"Come on, Batman, make it an actual challenge. Make me work for my supper."

Lawton stands up and aims again. I roll up on my haunches and toss a batarang at the light above us. The bulb shatters and plummets the room into darkness.

"Please, you know I have night vision, right?"

The eyesight on his mask glows in the dark. I reach into my utility belt and toss a flash grenade at his feet.

"I'm counting on it."

I whip my cape up and shield my eyes as the flash grenade goes off. Bright light floods the room and shorts out Lawton's eyepiece.

"AHH!"

He crumples to the ground as I activate my own nightvision lenses. I take advantage of his temporary disability and leap on him, ripping his guns off his hands and pinning him to the ground.

"Talk! Who hired you?!"

"Get off me and I'll tell you."

"Talk!"

"Fine! Go over to the bookshelf. There's a DVD just for you."

Still holding Lawton down, I look over at the bookcase and see a DVD case with my name written on it. Turning back to Lawton, I punch him in the face and knock him out. I pull myself up and pick the DVD case up, scanning it over.

This is it.

The final piece of the puzzle.

Miri looks at Sinestro oddly.

"What would you have that would bring Agent Orange to this planet? What little time I've spent here learning about the different forms of love I've seen plenty of things that people claim they love but only lust or long for. You didn't by chance steal anything of his, did you Sinestro?"

"Unlike Miri or Kyle here, I do not know what that creature would want on this planet unless he is finally realizing that his greed is his undoing and looking for something to put his trust and hope in besides material things. What I do hope for is once he arrives that whatever you do have will be enough to convince him to work with us. All well be well."

"It's quite simple," I say. "I made sure the various members of my Corp, those that could trust to be not quite subtle, let it be known that there was an Orange Ring on Earth."

"You did what now?"

"You need me to repeat myself?"

"Uhh, yeah. Because I better not have just heard you say that you're bringing Larfleeze to Earth in what's sure to be a ticked off mood."

"It was the easiest way to confront him in an environment we could control."

"...environment? EARTH?!"

"Obviously."

"Hahaha."

Rayner turns around sharply on Atrocitus' laughter. "What's so funny?!" he angrily demands.

"If Larfleeze gives us trouble, Sinestro is counting on all those heroes of yours to help us take him down. And he probably wouldn't be too sad if some of them fell in the process."

"I would take no pleasure in that happening."

"Well we're not letting that happen." Rayner pushes a finger into my chest. "Because you are going to tell your Corps to say the orange ring is somewhere else. Qward comes to mind."

"It's too late for that."

"Why?" Rayner says with a voice that sounds more like his Gotham cohort.

"Because my Corps has been reporting to me that they've been tracking orange energy heading to Earth. Larfleeze will be here soon."

On the other side of the planet, a small trail of fire burns through the atmosphere as the object descends towards the ground below.

And on that ground below, the citizens of Munich carry on with their typical day. A day which becomes decidedly untypical with a sonic boom.

The ship, still red hot from it's decent through the atmosphere, screams over the city. Half the population in the streets scatter with fearful screams, while the other half can only look on in awe.

The ship continues it's scorching journey, on a collision course with the city, until it abrutly slows, nearly stopping in an instant. Landing legs decend from the belly of the craft as it touches down on the ground. A small, but brave group look on from a safe distance as the local law enforcement quickly begins to surround it.

But before they can get into position, a door slides open, and the lone occupant marches out with anger and greed in his eyes.

"Where is the orange ring!!! Bring the ring to Mongul!!!"

Walker blinks his eyes and stared in disbelief. Did Sinestro actually say that there was an orange ring on Earth?

"I fail to see the point of saying that there is an orange ring on Earth when there is a good chance there isn't one. The other problem is that when Larfleeze does come to reclaim it, he'll probably come close of destroying this planet and if Atrocitus is correct about the heroes coming to stop Larfleeze, then a lot of people will get hurt and very possible Larfleeze. That would defeat the purpose of getting him here, wouldn't it?"

Miri didn't like what she was hearing either. She looks very sternly at Sinestro.

"Is this your way of striking fear into us, Sinestro? I thought you meant no harm to this planet. As I warned you earlier, if you threaten the love on this planet, even unintentionally I'll take you down after Larfleeze is handled. You better not be bluffing or have a safe way to control Larfleeze. The Star Sapphire Corps wouldn't be here quick enough to stop him if he decides to raze this planet to the ground."

Superman.png

He felt his back hit the hard gravel floor of the harbor. Massive waves brought on by the force and a cloud bubbles washed over him, momentarily blinding his field of vision. His ears were pounding, and he realized he couldn't hear the sensation of stars shining in the sky. And all the while as he struggled to fight himself through the water, knowing his enemy was waiting for him on the other side, he still felt that sting beginning to slowly build into a burn. The toxicities that Metallus had hit him with were far too potent for him to ignore, but something else was afflicting him at the same time. It was as if the level of power that his recent transformation had blessed him with was fading all at once. And what was worse? Only now, in the midst of a heated battle that was already taking it's toll, did Superman realize that he had felt it much earlier than his mind was willing to admit.

Luthor's virus. It was beginning to take effect.

Pushing himself against the waves, The Man of Steel floated upright and stood on the bottom of the harbor with that realization in mind. If he was growing weaker by the moment, he couldn't continue to allow Metallus the advantage of the attack. The fight had to end before Metropolis, and to a lesser extent himself, was brought to complete ruin by the man's - or perhaps machine - perhaps something else entirely's complete disregard for lives around him. So he thought to himself, allowing himself to use his predicament to shift the odds in his favor. And he considered several strategies at once. For a brief moment, he even considered what he would do if Metallus really was just a variation on the John Corben design. If that were the case, it'd be a simple matter of breaking down the barriers of his shell and removing his kryptonite heart. But with Metallus...

What if it didn't work? What if, by drawing too much on his experience with a different enemy, he made a fatal move?

Superman grunted, visibly frustrated at his own momentary lack of initiative. Everything was being brought into question because of this worsening condition when it really didn't matter. Nothing mattered when compared to the people that Metallus had the capability of putting in harm's way. Obviously he was fueled primarily out of a hatred for Superman himself, but his actions showed a certain disdain for the bystanders aswell whenever he attacked the police. Probably out of the knowledge that his enemy would do anything to protect them, considering what Metallus had used to lure him out in the open in the first place.

With careful pause, Krypton's son suddenly realized something. Metallus had needed to lure him out. Almost instantaneously, the gears in Superman's head began to turn again, as all doubt left him and he knew precisely how to shift the odds in his favor. All that he felt he needed to do was borrow a crucial cue from a recently visited friend from out of town. I owe you one, Barry.

"Now come on, Superman! Surely you're not going to tell me that those toxins got to you already! I'd have hated to put you down without breaking so much as a sweat!"

With a wide smirk on his face, The Man of Steel looked up towards the break of the surface. Metallus was waiting for him with an attack that could clearly be seen coming a mile away, hovering above the harbor with an unmanned vehicle being lifted above his shoulders. He was laughing to himself maniacally, convinced that he was in the same league as any other villain that reared their head in Metropolis. Another Silver Banshee. Another Prankster. Another Zod. This poorly constructed imitation was about to learn otherwise.

With a force that propelled him over twenty feet high from the bottom of the river, Superman broke through the surface in a blast of water and slammed directly into Metallus' chest, catching the automobile that he was a second too late to use as a weapon. Using it's front bumper as a battering ram, Superman slammed the brunt of the entire vehicle into the villain's head and sent him skyrocketing into concrete from the docking bay below. Content enough with his attack, Superman tossed the remains of the car into the harbor and looked down upon his winded enemy.

"You'll be breaking alot more than a sweat if you keep up this charade. Now I'm giving you one last chance, Metallus. Stand down."

The circuitry in it's face more than visible now as it was clearly overlying alien technology, Metallus looked up at Superman and peeled itself up. It's voice cracked as it tried to speak, like some sort of a record on a loop. By the time it regained it's composure, it sounded less like a man and more like something from beyond the stars. Superman's eyes began to glow red with heat as it wobbled into a stance, eeirly dissimilar to any manner of which he had ever seen.

"My prime-prime-dir-directive has been compromised. You, son of Krypton, must be removed from the equation before it is t-too-l-laate."

The Man of Tommorow furrowed his brow. He almost preferred the human voice.

"Then maybe you should come and get me."

Taking a stance that indicated launch, Metallus leaped into the air and left half of the wooden planks of the docks crumbling in it's wake. But by the time that it matched Superman's altitude, it was stunned to realize that Superman was already gone. Vanished into Metropolis without so much as a second's hesitation. Metallus hovered in the air, scanning the skies for any trace of an enemy it had lured out into the open with falsified cries for help. Flying into the city, it began to pass into the heart of the financial district. But paused once it got there. The noises from below, the car horns. They were interfering with it's sensors. With an oddly human reflex, it covered it's ears in agony at this.

"That's pretty much what I expected. You don't like the city, do you?"

Hearing his voice, but unable to see it's origin, Metallus frantically began to spin around, looking for any sign of Superman. But apart from a brief flash of red and blue, that appeared in randomized glimpses all over the skies, there was no trace of a discernable point to attack. Metallus' sensors were practically toppling over themselves to pinpoint Superman's trajectory and get a lock on his flight pattern, but he was simply too fast. The machine began to groan with frustration.

"I suspected something was amiss when you chose Suicide Slums for your attack. You had no motive for choosing that location, especially at night. Hardly anyone walks those streets at these hours. You had no one to use against me but your recordings."

Metallus began to rapidly try and punch at the air, hoping to land a hit, but nothing was happening.

"I thought it was coincidence at first. But then I realized how you brought me to you and had a moment of clarity. Metallo, the real John Corben, had upgraded himself so drastically that he didn't even need to draw me out anymore. His programming was so advanced that he could spot me from space like a satellite."

Growing frustrated, Metallus began shooting out random blasts of energy at the clouds and at the buildings, hoping by some stroke of luck that it would hit the voice that was taunting him.

"Compro-compromised. All directives have been compromised. Terminate target immedia-imediately. Terminate. Terminate."

"You're no duplicate of Metallo. Not as much of one as I expected. You're nothing more than a replica of his shell. An outdated piece of machinery that I already beat, hoping your strength could make up for what you lacked in other areas. Like tracking sensors."

It was at that point that one of the blasts collided with something in mid-air. Metalls turned and realized that it had been held firmly back by the brunt of Superman's palm, as he let the last of the energy hit him and fade into the night.

RPG5-10.png

"I've got news for your creator. It doesn't."

In a frenzy of manufactured rage, synthetic hatred, and every concievable emotion that a program could possibly hope to recreate, Metallus lashed out at Superman with a fury of attacks that it had been taught to mimick. But by using his speed as his primary strategy, forgoing the focus on brute force that had nearly cost him the fight, Superman managed to dodge most of every attack with ease. Metallus brought it's hands together in a haymaker manuever reminiscent of one used just a few moments prior, but Superman countered the attack with a hardened and precise uppercut that sent the machine flying fast and hard through a nearby structure.

Floating over to where it had fallen, The Man of Steel looked upon a once brilliant recreation of one of his most dangerous foes and saw it now for what it was - a sprawled out mess of alien tubes and electrical wire, evident flaws that had to be masked with faux blood and skin to make him pull his punches. Superman touched down beside the would-be villain as it still tried to move and attack, but saw no apparent danger in it's attempts.

"You've already lost this fight. Might aswell give it up while your power source is still running."

Metallus' teeth grinded together briefly, before it's robotic jaw eventually cracked and scattered.

"Prime-prime-prime-direct-direct-direct-dire-dir--- END TRANSMISSION."

It's hand reached up to grab his enemy, but it didn't get very far as the machine's internal programming was already beginning to shut itself down. Dusting his uniform off, Superman casually reached down and grabbed it's head, effortlessly ripping the metallic skeleton from it's neck. The machine died down instantly, allowing Superman to further examine it's structure.

"Hrn. Star Labs should find this interesting, once I haul your parts over to their technicians. A combination of parts from different sectors of the galaxy, even recognize a few of them myself. Infact, I'd swear you're actually made of parts from Krypt..."

Noticing something very strange in the reflection of Metallus' skull, Superman's eyes widened. Touching at his own sideburns, he almost didn't believe it at first. But looking back at a reflective window in a nearby skyscraper confirmed what he had feared, as he looked back at his own reflection in stunned silence.

Gray?

Walker blinks his eyes and stared in disbelief. Did Sinestro actually say that there was an orange ring on Earth?

"I fail to see the point of saying that there is an orange ring on Earth when there is a good chance there isn't one. The other problem is that when Larfleeze does come to reclaim it, he'll probably come close of destroying this planet and if Atrocitus is correct about the heroes coming to stop Larfleeze, then a lot of people will get hurt and very possible Larfleeze. That would defeat the purpose of getting him here, wouldn't it?"

Miri didn't like what she was hearing either. She looks very sternly at Sinestro.

"Is this your way of striking fear into us, Sinestro? I thought you meant no harm to this planet. As I warned you earlier, if you threaten the love on this planet, even unintentionally I'll take you down after Larfleeze is handled. You better not be bluffing or have a safe way to control Larfleeze. The Star Sapphire Corps wouldn't be here quick enough to stop him if he decides to raze this planet to the ground."

"You misunderstand. There is no orange ring on Earth. At least as far as I know. But Larfleeze will be unable to resist making sure. He will come here, and we will be waiting."

"You're using my entire planet as bait."

"...If you wish to see it that way."

"What the hell other way is there?!"

I say nothing, because I don't get the chance. Rayner's ring suddenly sparks to life.

"JLA emergency! This is Booster Gold declaring a JLA emergency!"

"Booster, what is it?" Rayner looks squarely at me, knowing exactly what Gold will say next.

"We've got a situation in Germany. Mongul's back, and he's not happy. Of course, I'm not sure when he's ever been happy-"

Mongul?! That catches us by surprise. Rayner and myself more than the others. "I thought your people had him locked up on Oa."

"Yeah? Well, a lot of bad guys made there way of Oa during your little temper tantrum, Parallax. Nice job, by the way. Your bait worked, you just caught the wrong fish."

"This is on your head!"
Rayner takes off. I feel Atrocitus float up beside me.

"Hm. Perhaps Rayner is in the wrong Corps,"
he says before following after him.

Walker looked a little puzzled. The name wasn't bringing any faces to his mind but the way that Sinestro and Kyle reacted, it seems that this was a major threat. Saint Walker decided to contact someone who would have an idea.

"Saint Walker to Ganthet, what do you know of this Mongul that suddenly appeared on Earth?"

A blue image of the Guardian's head appeared above Walker's ring.

"Be careful of Mongul, Lantern Walker. He is one of the most dangerous villians this universe has ever known. He is very powerful and the GLC as well as the Justice League on Earth has dealt with him and his father. Thankfully his father is dead but the son is just as much of a monster. If you do face him, be very careful since it took several Green Lanterns to bring him down in the past. Here is an image of him."

A picture of Mongul showed above Walker's ring. Miri not knowing much about the creature either listen and watched when Ganthet explained things. When the image appeared, her face went green and then red and back to normal. Her sickness and great rage very quickly subsided to loss as she brought her ring close to her heart.

"That was the monster who took my husband away on our honeymoon. It was the loss of my husband that brought this ring to me. This creature didn't care that he killed my husband and I would bet that he would have the same attitude if someone is keeping something from him. No matter how dangerous this...this...thing is, he must be taken care of before he harms anyone else or take loved ones away."

Miri and Walker very quickly follow Rayner towards the location of Mongul.

GALogo.gif

I stare out at the ocean as the elevator climbs. In my hand is a bag filled with muffins and a few bacon and egg sandwiches from the shop down the block. The elevator doors open and I step out into the hallway and walk towards the room.

I hope Dinah's...but then again if she's asleep, I can think of a pretty damn good way to make sure she starts the day off on the right foot. My thoughts are interrupted as the William Tell Overture blares out of my pocket.

Pulling my cellphone out, I answer it.

"This is Queen.....yeah, hey, Donny....uhh, does he have the proper permits? Well, I don't think he can do it....because that neighborhood isn't zoned for commercial properties.....If he wants, he can appeal for a special permit with the zoning board....Let me look at what he wants to do, and if the plans look alright, I'll speak for him at the meeting....alright, call me later, bye."

I hang up and stick the phone back in my pocket. With my hand still in my pocket, I pull out the keycard and swipe it, unlocking the room's door.

"Wakey, wakey," I say as I come in the hotel room. "Eggs and bakey."

I turn as he walks in and smile at him.

"Hey…" I cross the room and kiss him gently. I glance at the bag of breakfast, poking it playfully.

[collor=indigo] "Can I take it to go? I promised Lian I'd be home when she get's out of school and it's a halfway…"[/color] I trail off.

I kiss his cheek and walk to the door, brushing my hair behind my ear. I pause with my hand on the door before turning back. Time to face another issue.

"I want to have dinner at your house before I leave. The family. If that's okay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"