• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bank vault was posted a few pages back:

bankscene.jpg

Okay on seeing the better picture, clearly it was built as set for the movie and not just for a photo shoot. Without proper lighting, you can really see the toning that their scenic people are doing. It's a pretty impressive piece of scenery imo.

I'm just wondering........what are the blue things on the vault??

The shot has Clark in the foreground and the trees waving in the background due to an oncoming tornado. There is a jet engine pointed toward trees to make it look like the winds of a tornado.

OH man, I sure hope you are right about this particular scene (I am not doubting you, mighty ninja) because I can just see it now with the camera in his face as he is hovering mid-air staring down the tornado. Almost like he is between the tornado and Smallville or something. Kinda like "You're going to have to go through me" type scenario. Man, how EPIC would that be? :awesome:

OH man, I sure hope you are right about this particular scene (I am not doubting you, mighty ninja) because I can just see it now with the camera in his face as he is hovering mid-air staring down the tornado. Almost like he is between the tornado and Smallville or something. Kinda like "You're going to have to go through me" type scenario. Man, how EPIC would that be? :awesome:

actually.........Clark will be swept up in the tornado, giving the illusion of flight, as he tries to rescue the girl he loves who is trapped in her car.......oh wait........

It looks like plastic and tape covering for protection.

lol......if that's all they are..........

and here I thought it was some kind of alien tech that hinted at Brainiac......:o

lol......if that's all they are..........

and here I thought it was some kind of alien tech that hinted at Brainiac......:o

always looking for something i know...

in the promo pic you can see those parts that are covered are all black rubber or plastic. So they just want to protect those elements.

I'm just wondering........what are the blue things on the vault??

It's tape to hold the paper masking the handles. It looks like it was still in the process of being painted when this picture was taken. Look at the floor as it is also masked off. The floor might be masked off to protect it so it looks it's best when the cameras finally roll.

Last edited:
2 nights ago I had some Triple J pizza. It was pretty good. Old World thin crust with a lot of sauce. The pizzeria's real name is "Uncle Lar's" but will be in the movie as "Smallville Best Pizza"

2011-08-1220-00-L.jpg

sweet....I might have to make a trip

Here is some of the detail they went through to create Smallville. These are just a few of the comps listed in the window of the "Smallville Realty".

There are some little mistakes if you guys want to find them :)

2011-08-1219-55-XL.jpg

2011-08-1219-55-XL.jpg

2011-08-1219-55-XL.jpg

2011-08-1219-55-XL.jpg

The amount of detail Snyder puts into everything is unreal.
Speaking of which, is that Snyder also next to Cavill on the cherry-picker with the blue shirt and baseball cap pointing?

The amount of detail Snyder puts into everything is unreal.
Speaking of which, is that Snyder also next to Cavill on the cherry-picker with the blue shirt and baseball cap pointing?

I can't tell if it is him or not. He was wearing a baseball cap that day but so where a lot of other people.

I can't tell if it is him or not. He was wearing a baseball cap that day but so where a lot of other people.

Judging by the hair, I think it is him. If it is, that means it must be a scene in the movie. I am guessing Clark is surveying damage from the tornado or something.

Judging by the hair, I think it is him. If it is, that means it must be a scene in the movie. I am guessing Clark is surveying damage from the tornado or something.

The Jet engine was running during this shoot so it is probably DURING the Tornado.

The Jet engine was running during this shoot so it is probably DURING the Tornado.

Hmm interesting, so this happens apparently before he is Superman. No one is hanging on to a payphone though or on skates right?

Hmm interesting, so this happens apparently before he is Superman. No one is hanging on to a payphone though or on skates right?

Or maybe when he sees the destruction of his adoptive parents car in a Tornado he ends up doing something SUPER. This is all speculation.

Possible Timeframes of some scenes. Here are some hints.

Smallville Scenes: The SEARS logo is a recent Logo. Sears started using that Logo in 2004.

Tornado Scenes: Most cars in the traffic jam are cars that aren't that old with a few exceptions.

One can then guess that the Tornado Scene & Smallville scenes will be taking place in present day.

So flight will probably be one of his last powers revealed, which is pretty awesome. In fact, it's EPIC! :word:

Last edited:
So now I'm wondering when does he actually become Superman...

Not too soon I hope. I could stand seing Clark doing super-feats for a while as well as building the character.
I'm still hoping he ultimately dons the cape as a result of the Zod-situation.

I wish they would release like a plot detail or something...but not too much detail though

So now I'm wondering when does he actually become Superman...

Not too soon I hope. I could stand seing Clark doing super-feats for a while as well as building the character.
I'm still hoping he ultimately dons the cape as a result of the Zod-situation.
I'm thinking he doesn't actually become Superman until after these Smallville scenes. I think they're just filming the vault scene early so they can get the teaser/trailer cut.

I'm thinking he doesn't actually become Superman until after these Smallville scenes. I think they're just filming the vault scene early so they can get the teaser/trailer cut.

possibly so...so I'm guessing his folks remain alive. I'd prefer it if they did...I loved how Jonathan dies in the original but I don't think he needs to now. I kinda liked it that way in Lois and Clark. I just don't like Cavill's Dean Cain haircut

I hope they stay alive too. He already lost his biological parents. No need for any of the Kents to bite the dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"