• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Twisted Metal TV Series | Anthony Mackie

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
‘Twisted Metal’ LIve-Action TV Series Sets Anthony Mackie To Star – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: After recently being named the next Captain America, Anthony Mackie looks to have found his next juicy role to sink his teeth into. Sources tell Deadline that Mackie is set to star in and executive produce Sony Pictures Television and PlayStation Productions’ Twisted Metal, a live-action adaptation of the popular video game. Mackie will play the lead role of John Doe in the half-hour live-action TV series, and insiders say Sony TV and PlayStation Productions are extremely high on the package and a plan is in the works to take it to buyers soon.

“We’re thrilled to have Anthony Mackie on board. His ability to blend comedy, action and drama is perfect for the Twisted world we’re creating,” said Asad Qizilbash, head of PlayStation Productions.

Twisted Metal is a high-octane action comedy based on an original take by Deadpool scribes Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick about a motor-mouthed outsider offered a chance at a better life, but only if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package across a post-apocalyptic wasteland. With the help of a trigger-happy car thief, he’ll face savage marauders driving vehicles of destruction and other dangers of the open road, including a deranged clown who drives an all too familiar ice cream truck.

Hopefully Mackie will enjoy the house that this buys him, because I doubt anyone will get anything else out of it. . .

Sold! I love the games and this cast is epic. Hope it’s good.

Okay, while I've never played any of the Twisted Metal games...I won't lie, this cast is really grabbing my attention.
I briefly played one of the games as a kid when I was over at a friend's house. I wanna say it was Twisted Metal 2. Either way, the cast is the main draw for me here too.

The Twisted Metal games were fun

I have no idea how a series will work but I am interested with the cast they are lining up

So… does that mean Sweet Tooth is all CGI? I figured his head probably would be but I assumed they would get a live actor for the body. But I guess they still might do that and just have Arnett do the voice.

So… does that mean Sweet Tooth is all CGI? I figured his head probably would be but I assumed they would get a live actor for the body. But I guess they still might do that and just have Arnett do the voice.

I’d assume they’ll cast an actor and dub in Arnett’s voice.

I really hope this turns out well. I think if it has vibes similar to Blood Drive, it could be pretty rad. Still pissed that show didn’t last beyond a single season.

Wonder what the rating for the series will be, as I’ve read some games were rated T, and others were M?

They sound like a lot of fun!

Will Arnett as Sweet Tooth is... a choice.

This is bizarre. I had no idea this series existed but I was literally just talking to a co-worker yesterday about how I'm surprised nobody's tried to adapt these games yet. I don't expect it to be good....but I will be watching. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"