• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what other actors from the Non MCU Marvel movie should be brought into the MCU (Far From Home Spoile

JannTosh

Civilian
Reaction score
since Far From Home brought back JK Simmons as Jameson I wonder if Marvel would bring back any other actors from the non MCU movies into the MCU since they were just so great in their roles.

some contenders

-Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn
-Patrick Stewart as Xavier
-Hugh Jackman as Wolverine (said he is done with the character but you never know)
- James Marsden as Cyclops (especially since he was so underused)

Eh, I think JK is the only carry over and that's fine. Stewart and McKellan are too old now to keep playing Xavier and and Magneto I doubt McAvoy and Fassbender would want to come back after the mess that was Drunk Phoenix. Jackman is done. And the other Raimi actors are too old to reprise their roles now. Maybe some of them could come back as different characters, but I don't see the point.

Fassbender as Magneto and McAvoy as Xavier. They've been by far the best actors in the recent Fox X-Men films and would be very hard to top. Plus it won't really matter if the actors age before Marvel get around to making new X-Men films since Charles and Eric aren't meant to be young anyway.

Other than that, Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is the obvious one.

Anya Taylor-Joy as Magik, especially if New Mutants gets cancelled.

Halston Sage as Dazzler in a proper Dazzler solo movie musical of her own.

Fassbender as Magneto and McAvoy as Xavier. They've been by far the best actors in the recent Fox X-Men films and would be very hard to top. Plus it won't really matter if the actors age before Marvel get around to making new X-Men films since Charles and Eric aren't meant to be young anyway.

Other than that, Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is the obvious one.

Can't believe I forgot about that one. Yes, Reynolds needs to stay on as Deadpool. Feige would be a fool to replace him.

Fassbender clearly wanted out of superhero movies as badly as Jennifer Lawrence. McAvoy was really the only one putting in any effort.

Jackman is too old, and doesn't want to do it anyway, & there's zero chance that the MCU will suddenly do a multiverse story that explains why the MCU Wolverine and Fox one look the same if he decided to come back. Simmons and maybe Reynolds (if they actually do go through with integrating DP into the MCU) the rest of the roles will be recast for new versions of the characters.

Jackman is too old, and doesn't want to do it anyway, & there's zero chance that the MCU will suddenly do a multiverse story that explains why the MCU Wolverine and Fox one look the same if he decided to come back. Simmons and maybe Reynolds (if they actually do go through with integrating DP into the MCU) the rest of the roles will be recast for new versions of the characters.

he's only 50. He could play Wolverine for a good ten years more if he wanted to

he's only 50. He could play Wolverine for a good ten years more if he wanted to
50 is not exactly a young age. And if he played the character again for another ten years he’d be 60. It’s time for him to hang up the claws and pass them down to someone else. Plus I want a new, fresh take on the character. I don’t want Jackman back. He’s had all he can say with the character. Logan was about the perfect sendoff for his version of the character as you can get.

50 is not exactly a young age. And if he played the character again for another ten years he’d be 60. It’s time for him to hang up the claws and pass them down to someone else. Plus I want a new, fresh take on the character. I don’t want Jackman back. He’s had all he can say with the character. Logan was about the perfect sendoff for his version of the character as you can get.

Yeah, I'm bored of Jackman. I want a fresh take on Wolverine, and I want to see him in the yellow and blue (or orange and brown) tiger-striped suit with the full head mask. No more of Jackman having to show his face.

Now that cap is retired we can have the old human torch back...

:oldrazz:

Now that cap is retired we can have the old human torch back...

:oldrazz:

No-one would ever notice.

I'd be open to having Ioan Gruffudd back as Reed. He was poorly written in the FF movies but has been more Reed-like in everything else he's played in, especially Forever.

Plus he's a better age now than he was back then and has more gravitas.

I don't think Deadpool is going to be in the MCU, at least at first. It seems like he'll be his own little thing...and if someone from the MCU shows up, it won't "count."

I say start over with everyone coming to the MCU. Lots of great actors out there to play those roles.

Deadpool says "hi", but other than him? Nope, nope nope.

Maybe some of his supporting cast as well, like Josh Brolin as Cable. But yeah, Ryan Reynolds is the obvious answer to this topic's question.

JK is unique in that even though he's way older, he suits a better more modern version of the character. He's more of an Alex Jones/Info Wars type than successful editor of a paper in the modern age. He's sensationalism at it's finest. Yes he has an audience, but NO he is not a reputable news source. In that, I think they nailed it on it's head with this casting.

I would love to see Tobey Maguire as Uncle Ben. But even I can admit that's silly.

I don't want Jackman, Stewart, McKellen or any other FoX-men to appear. Thanks but no thanks.

Ryan Reynolds obviously. But that's about it.

Maybe some of his supporting cast as well, like Josh Brolin as Cable. But yeah, Ryan Reynolds is the obvious answer to this topic's question.

Sure, but I consider that to be just part of Deadpool appearing. He gets to bring his supporting cast, when there's not a compelling reason otherwise ( ie, Colossus is probably going to get rebooted, sadly ).

Unpopular opinion, I’m sure, but I’d much rather DP not appear in the MCU.

Alfred molina would be fun. If it’s not broke don’t fix it. Same with deadpool and sir pat stew would be very tempting

Anya Taylor-Joy as Magik, especially if New Mutants gets cancelled.

Oh... Anya Taylor Joy and Maise Williams were such great cast IMO. But I feel like they're "too old" now. Especially because I want the New Mutants cast to be as young as the Stranger Things cast.

Unpopular opinion, I’m sure, but I’d much rather DP not appear in the MCU.
I don't mind Deadpool getting more movies but he shouldn't appear in anyone else's film. MCU characters can do a cameo in a Deadpool film but Deadpool should never show up in a non-comedic movie. His movies should remain their own unique thing.

Oh... Anya Taylor Joy and Maise Williams were such great cast IMO. But I feel like they're "too old" now.
That's true, unfortunately.

It's time to fancast her as someone else, then.

Alfred molina would be fun. If it’s not broke don’t fix it. Same with deadpool and sir pat stew would be very tempting

I want a more German Octavius who wears glasses rather than sunglasses. I'd prefer someone else instead of Molina.

I'd like someone like Oliver Platt if they're going to get a previous actor from another cbm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"