• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

What was the Most Emotional/Heartfelt Moment in "Man of Steel"

Well the tornado scene invoked the most emotional response from me- one of fury for its sheer stupidity. It's pretty unforgivable to me for Clark to let his dad die just because he was told to. It almost ruined the movie for me. The scenes that were actually emotional for me were Jorel and Lara having to send their baby away and kid Clark with his red cape at the end.

Yeah after trying to force myself to like it I have concluded that Jonathan's death just comes off as dumb to me. I think I understand what they were trying to do but they didn't sell it for me.

Wish the poll was multi vote, but forced to vote for one ill go Superman and Lois say goodbye. Second would be " YOU THINK YOU CAN THREATEN MY MOTHER!" Aroused a feeling of laughter and "dang that's bad---"

I loved the moment where Zod asked Lara to bring Kal's Rocket back .
Mere moments before she was telling Jor El how much he needed them.
And then to save Kal , she lets him go .

But there aren't any emotional/heartfelt moments! :whatever: All mentioned, I can't pick just one. lol

Yeah after trying to force myself to like it I have concluded that Jonathan's death just comes off as dumb to me. I think I understand what they were trying to do but they didn't sell it for me.

Wish the poll was multi vote, but forced to vote for one ill go Superman and Lois say goodbye. Second would be " YOU THINK YOU CAN THREATEN MY MOTHER!" Aroused a feeling of laughter and "dang that's bad---"
My friend and I were clapping and cheering loudly when Superman stuck up for his Mom.

Tornado scene followed closely by "This man is not our enemy"

I like the part leading up to "This man is not our enemy".. because it was obvious that the soldiers already decided that for themselves -- even before Maloni said anything.

There were some really amazing and unforgettable moments. But the montage at the end gets me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

For me the most emotional part is the tornado scene, especially that smile Jonathan Kent made before the tornado took him. It was very subtle but it was like a stab in the heart! lol

Also the last few minutes made me love the movie even more. Especially that montage of young clark and the daily planet scenes.

I feel as though the scene when Kal is amping up to blow through the world engine/ perry and jenni preparing for the worst was it for me.

Also the tornado scene and the entire last battle between Zod and Kal leading to the inevitable were fantastic!

Love this film!

"I don't want to die." Also, Clark's first flight. Zimmer killed on that, and Cavill pulled off what we'd all look like if we could.

Man, this is a TOUGH one!!!

I ultimately picked the aftermath of Superman killing Zod, Lois comforting him, because that felt like kind of the culmination of everything.

But my top ones would definitely be:

• Jor-el and Lara saying their final goodbyes to an infant Kal-el.
  • Lara witnessing the destruction of Krypton on her own.
  • An adolescent Clark learning to control his senses through the wise words of his mother.
  • Pa Kent revealing Clark’s spaceship to him.
  • Superman and Lois having their then supposed final moment together in the desert.
That one where little boy Clark is in the closet and his mom telling him to concentrate on her voice was truly lovely, but I had a hard time with it in a way because I DESPISED that teacher allowing all of the other kids to stand there and make fun of Clark when the kid was obviously having some kind of panic attack. She should be fired :cmad:

I loved teen Clark going "can't I just keep being your son" to his dad when Jonathon showed him the ship but part of it is ruined a bit by Jonathon being so hateful in a way to Clark for using his powers to save the other kids. I get he's scared, I just don't like how he makes Clark afraid of himself.

If it was on the list I would have voted for Jenny being trapped and Perry and the other guy, Lombard?, refusing to leave her.
Superman gearing up to take out the World Engine was more pure awesome than emotional.

I thought it was emotional when he was PULLING away from the force.
Also, 'you can save her' gave me chills.

I feel as though the scene when Kal is amping up to blow through the world engine/ perry and jenni preparing for the worst was it for me.

Also the tornado scene and the entire last battle between Zod and Kal leading to the inevitable were fantastic!

Love this film!

Seeing Jenny beg Perry to stay with her (even though it was kind of a selfish request) really got to me because, in real life, no one wants to die alone like that; and Rebecca Buller was perfect in conveying just the right amount of anguish and fear. Far too often in films, we see various characters utter words like, "No. Just leave me! Save yourself!!", and, as noble as that may be, I think it's refreshing to finally see a different take on how someone genuinely would react if he/she was put in such a terrible situation.

Rebecca Bueller really sold that moment. And Perry telling Lombard to stay and help and Lombard kind of being hesitant at first got to me too.

Rebecca Bueller really sold that moment. And Perry telling Lombard to stay and help and Lombard kind of being hesitant at first got to me too.

Yeah, Lombard was probably thinking, "WTF did you have to go and call my name?!?" :funny:

I saw it my fifth time today (I've really gotta stop doing that, lol!), and I have gotten choked up every time Jonathon looks up and really sees his son in that moment that he's running around in the red cape. It's so incredibly powerful.

When the trailers came out, I got very emotional when Jonathan said, "You are my son!" I didn't have as strong a reaction in the movie, probably because I had seen it so many times.

I've always enjoyed Kevin Costner films, but I've never been a huge fan. Even so, he's the one who managed to evoke the most emotion in me (well....other than the emotion that I feel when Henry, er, just appears on screen in any way...). :yay:

I saw it my fifth time today (I've really gotta stop doing that, lol!), and I have gotten choked up every time Jonathon looks up and really sees his son in that moment that he's running around in the red cape. It's so incredibly powerful.

When the trailers came out, I got very emotional when Jonathan said, "You are my son!" I didn't have as strong a reaction in the movie, probably because I had seen it so many times.

I've always enjoyed Kevin Costner films, but I've never been a huge fan. Even so, he's the one who managed to evoke the most emotion in me (well....other than the emotion that I feel when Henry, er, just appears on screen in any way...). :yay:

Even Waterworld?

OMG, that's quite a list. This film gets better and better as the days go by, thinking back on it having seen it once at this point.

It's tempting to say Superman killing Zod, but...

Young Clark in the cape. One of the most subtle, simple and beautiful sequences I've ever seen in a superhero film.

And it spoke to both Jor-El and Jonathan's dreams for their son. Amazing moment.

Kal El being born in the very beginning was very emotional for me, I cried when watching that.

I'll have to watch the movie a second time to know for sure which was the most emotional for me

Kal El being born in the very beginning was very emotional for me, I cried when watching that.

I'll have to watch the movie a second time to know for sure which was the most emotional for me

That username looks familiar.... :hmm

Lara saying "I can't do it. I thought I could.. but now that he's here." :waa:

The bewildered look on Clark's face when the tornado sweeps up Jonathan :waa:

Lots of fantastic moments in this film.

Superman flying up the beam of the World Engine while Perry stays with Jenny to comfort her is my favorite moment of the film, but it was not the most heartfelt for me.

Staying with her to comfort her? He was willing to die with her it was one of the greatest moments in the movie and very well acted. You could see in Jenny's eyes that she thought he was going to leave her and then the resolve in Perrys eyes that he was going to stay with her to the very end.

Last edited:
staying with her to comfort her? He was willing to die with her it was one if the greatest moments in the movie and very well acted. You could see in jenny's eyes that she thought he was going to leave her and then the resolve in perrys eyes that he was going to stay with get to the very end.

This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"