• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's The Last Movie You Watched? XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dial_M_For_Murder.jpg

10/10

prometheus-poster-1.jpg

2/5

A messy, messy movie. I haven't been so let down by a movie since Spider-Man 3.

Snow-White-and-the-Huntsman-2.jpg

8/10

What? You think I'm going to a movie with "Snow White" in the title to see something original? :whatever:
It's all about the presentation, and this is definitely one of the good ones. There didn't seem to be a lot of exposition, which was nice for such a magic-heavy story. I enjoyed the cast (especially Hemsworth), and to my surprise I even bought Kristen Stewart in the role. The action was as stunning as it looked in the trailers (it seems like forever since I saw a good old-fashioned castle siege!) and actually served the story for the most part. It did drag in a few spots, but the strengths far outweighed the weaknesses. I was a little annoyed that some of the coolest images from the trailers were absent from the finished film, but overall a great achievement for all involved.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - At least 8.5/10

Liked the cast. Patton, Pegg & Renner are a nice mix for backup. Shouldn't these films be getting stale by now? And Cruise should be past it also. But no!

Also Josh Holloway was pretty cool in his cameo.

Howard The Duck - I hadn't seen this one since theaters like twenty-six years ago (WOW!) but I was bored and HBO was showing that I figured what the hell it can't be that bad as they say.

Boy was I wrong this movie is just boring and pointless and because it has George Lucas' name attached to it it's even more embarrassing. What was Lucas thinking? another hit like Star Wars? it also stems that fact that studios back then didn't care for comic book properties like today.

Probably the only good thing is seeing a young cute Lea Thompson.

Dr. No (1962)
Sean Connery's charismatic acting is the only thing that saves this movie from being a mediocre spy adventure.
-- 2/5

From Russia with Love (1963)
Better than the first, but I wouldn't call it good. But I really did like the antagonist killer and the fight scene between him and Bond in the train, I thought it was pretty brutal for a '63 movie.
-- 2.5/5

Goldfinger (1964)
Now that's more like it: with better villains, better plot, some unforgettable, iconic scenes and Connery's great acting, this is the best of the Bond movies so far... looking forward to Thunderball. I just wish the Bond girls had more character to them.
-- 3/5

Sunshine (2007)
I'm still not sure what went wrong with this film (well, Murphy's weird acting wasn't of any help), because there were some really good stuff and ideas in it... It should've been Armageddon done right but it was just a lot of wasted potential, imho. Chris Evans was surprisingly good though.
-- 2/5

Last edited:
Underworld: Awakenings

X-Men: First Class

prometheus-movie-poster.jpg

An enjoyable and decent movie. Not as good as the first two Alien classics but a fairly solid start to the prequel series.

On a side note, Marvel are releasing way too much Spider-Man footage here in the UK. We had a trailer and a 6 minute preview before Prometheus. I thought they were going to show the whole damn movie! Must be getting scared with TDKR just around the corner. lol

Safe

A pretty standard movie for the genre. Although the action scenes are a little bit more inventive than usual.

Dr. No (1962)
Sean Connery's charismatic acting is the only thing that saves this movie from being a mediocre spy adventure.
-- 2/5

From Russia with Love (1963)
Better than the first, but I wouldn't call it good. But I really did like the antagonist killer and the fight scene between him and Bond in the train, I thought it was pretty brutal for a '63 movie.
-- 2.5/5

tumblr_m1g3f0NYLC1qgqauu.gif

lol what
I'm not saying they were bad or anything (they were both ok), I just didn't like them as much as I though I was going to. Hence the disappointment.

But as I said, I though Goldfinger was really good. Maybe once I watch the whole James Bond series (and its real stinkers) I will revaluate them.

Last edited:
lol what
I'm not saying they were bad or anything (they were both ok), I just didn't like them as much as I though I was going to. Hence the disappointment.

But as I said, I though Goldfinger was really good. Maybe once I watch the whole James Bond series (and its real stinkers) I will revaluate them.
You really need to.

IMO, Dr. No through Thunderball are some of the absolute best examples of '60s cinema. From their writing, to cinematography, all four of them are phenomenally well-executed.

lol what

Oh, you definitely will. :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back