• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's Your Favorite Indiana Jones Movie?

Probably worthy of it's own topic, but what's your favorite relic in all four of the films? While TOD is my favorite and I like the Sankara Stones, got to go with the Ark. That's just unbeatable to me.

Best villain is another good discussion to have, who do you think the best villain of the saga is? For me it's by far Mola Ram, so scary and evil to the core.

I'd say it's a tie between Mola Ram and the creepy Nazi from Raiders (the guy who burned his hand trying to take the amulet).

The villains in Last Crusade and Kingdom Of The Crystal CGI were all pretty lame, so they don't even get a ranking.

I'd say it's a tie between Mola Ram and the creepy Nazi from Raiders (the guy who burned his hand trying to take the amulet).

The villains in Last Crusade and Kingdom Of The Crystal CGI were all pretty lame, so they don't even get a ranking.

That was Toht.

I agree about TLC having weak villains (part of the reason it's my least favorite), but I liked Spalko from KOTCS well enough.

Mola Ram was freaking cool as hell. I guess I'd pick Belloq for #2 followed closely by Toht.

I'm not sure who was a better villain between Toht and Belloq. Both were effective in their own way.

Probably worthy of it's own topic, but what's your favorite relic in all four of the films? While TOD is my favorite and I like the Sankara Stones, got to go with the Ark. That's just unbeatable to me.

Agreed, The Ark was the best relic. I'd probably have The Sankara Stones and The Holy Grail tied in second place, with The Crystal Skull coming so far in last place that if it were a grayhound, Santa's Little Helper would be able to outrun it (yes, I've just recently rewatched The Simpsons' Christmas Special).

1. Raiders of the lost Ark

Outstanding movie, possibly the closest to perfect action/adventure movie ever made. 1st by a margin.

2. The Last Crusade

The only Indian Jones movie I saw at the cinema at time of release (until Skull that is), so have a wee soft spot for it. The chemistry between Harrison and Sean Connery was fantastic. Extremely entertaining movie.

3. Temple of Doom

Has some brilliant moments, but also has many 'eh!!!' moments. IMO not as good when comparing them to the movies above.

4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Very disappointing movie, first half to me was pretty decent, however it fell away from there. Too many silly moments. If this was the original Indian Jones then it would have been an above average adventure flick. Unfortunately compared to the previous 3 movies it was the weakest.

Last edited:
Agreed, The Ark was the best relic. I'd probably have The Sankara Stones and The Holy Grail tied in second place, with The Crystal Skull coming so far in last place that if it were a grayhound, Santa's Little Helper would be able to outrun it (yes, I've just recently rewatched The Simpsons' Christmas Special).

I liked the Crystal Skull for the simple fact that it was different from what had been seen in the prior films.

Something I was thinking of while seeing this thread......I have the first 2 sets of the YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES (there are a lot of good Indy adventures in there), and unless George Lucas put something about him in the third set, most people will never know that the actor George Hall played the old man version of Indy (when it originally aired on TV, Hall played old Indy at the beginning and end of the episodes as he told his story to someone), all of his scenes were removed and the episodes edited into movies for the DVD release.

It was a narrow race between Raiders and The Last Crusade, but I think I favor TLC. The locations and the Ford/Connery interactions put it on top for me.

I like em all. But I say the first one since it introduces you to Indiana Jones for the first time and then you get all excited about what this man will do later on.

For me, the ark, followed closely by the sankara stones. It's difficult picking between these two. Then the crystal skull and then the grail.

It's grown on me a lot, but the first time back in 2008 I definitely shared that sentiment.

Last Crusade
Raiders
Temple of Doom
Crystal Skull
Dial of Destiny

Last Crusade
Temple of Doom
Dial of Destiny
Raiders of Lost Ark
Crystal Skull

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Last Crusade