• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Where are all the Marvel games??

All X-Men games especially X-Men Legends and X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse should be ported to PlayStation 4 and 5. :xmen:
To achieve world peace, XML1 and 2 should be ported to all consoles with a third one announced and on the way.

(Yes I know about the Sony deal but I still think world peace is more important)

Reactions: Lip
To achieve world peace, XML1 and 2 should be ported to all consoles with a third one announced and on the way.

(Yes I know about the Sony deal but I still think world peace is more important)
The world after we get a good X-Men game:

images

It's a shame we haven't gotten a re-release/remaster of the Deadpool video game. It may have been a lil repetitive, but man, I laughed so much while playing that game. Especially the part where you're consistently punching Wolverine to wake him up haha.

I think the last Marvel game I played wad the Avengers one, wasn't a big fan of it. Of course, the Sony Spider-Man games have been great, even prior releases I enjoyed. I think it was Shattered Dimension, and maybe another one on the PS3.

I was really excited for the Wolverine game... :(

Wait what's happened with the Wolverine game?

Oh it will be released.

My issue is I've seen like 4 different versions of the script and cannot choose which one I hate the most. That's subjective tho. I am sure a lot of people will love it.

And like @Silvermoth mentioned, Insomniac has exclusive rights to the X-Men games and no one else can make them. So if you don't like their vision... it's Fox all over again.

Get DeMayo for Marvel Games.
Given the allegations that he's difficult to work with, I would say a big no. The gaming industry already has a reputation for toxic environment.

I don't know what good it would do for employees to hire someone with already several allegations and who was noticably fired by Disney.

I would love for a third person X-Men game with 15 to 16 playable characters. Photo realistic graphics. Blockbuster-like cinematics. I'm thinking semi-open world game like the newer God of War and Tomb Raider games. Lots of collectibles and alternate costume to be found in the game. Very story driven game just like X-Men Legends 1 and 2.

I don't know if many realizes that X-Men Legends 1 and 2 were like the template for super hero games. They got this large roster of playable characters,fancy cutscenes, you can level up characters, select abilities, change costumes, there's collectibles in its gaming world. The second game gave us the ability to go back to previous locations without starting from scratch and loading a different save file. The first game had a serialized story and even had 3 flashback missions. Those games were just enjoyable and if you are unaware of the X-Men mythos, they can be easily used as your entry point to the X-Men world. :xmen:

Its just too bad, it will be 20 years this fall that X-Men Legends was released. And there isn't really a modern X-Men game in the 2020s. Then looking at the other Marvel team games. Avengers 2020 which reminded me of X-Men Legends 1 isn't as good, it just has better graphics. Guardians 2021 was limited to Star-Lord as the main playable character.

Oh you don’t want online only pay to play?

After the success of suicide squad and Gotham knights, what could possibly go wrong?

Hopefully there will be some kind of new Ultimate Alliance soon where we can see a few mutants there.

And a Marvel fighting game. We need a new Marvel fighting game.

After Ultimate Alliance 3 and MVC: Infinite being disappointments, they are probably better off doing something else.

Also I doubt a new Marvel fighting game would sell really well. Its hard to launch new fighting game franchises. Making it on par, quality wise as Mortal Kombat, Tekken and Street Fighter is also another challenge.

Ultimate Alliance sold 1.6 million copies as of 2 years ago. Considering the likely budget Nintendo gave it, it was very much a success.

And depending on your target for success, it isn't that hard to launch new fighting games. ArcSystemWorks and SNK are doing just fine, if not at the top of the charts.

Marvel Rivals, I guess which I have no desire to play. :gamer:
Same.

An xmen legends game in the krakoan era would be so awesome. But krakoa is sort of a dirty word to marvel execs all of a sudden. I’m sure they can think of something else.

I mean I would buy all the dlc for an xmen game. It would be heaven

A X-Men game that has the X-Mansion as the hub, with every room including Cerebro, hangar, deathbird, danger room, war room and rooms of the X-Men accessible would be great - just like in X-Men Legends 1.

Then I guess, they could have the Savage Land, Madripoor, Genosha and Morlock tunnels as semi open world in which we can return to, for side/optional objectives.

Same.

An xmen legends game in the krakoan era would be so awesome. But krakoa is sort of a dirty word to marvel execs all of a sudden. I’m sure they can think of something else.

I mean I would buy all the dlc for an xmen game. It would be heaven
Id love for a Krakoa based game. Being able to use hte gates and have access to anywhere in the MU could be fun

I do wish they had created a sidescroller platform brawler inspired by the 90s games on SNES/Genesis themed around X-men 97. I would imagine it would be a prequel to the series and have the 8 main cast members from the OG series as playables. Throw in Nightcrawler, Bishop and Morph as unlockables/DLC

Just privately, I’m sure someone is working on this. Just hopefully they don’t jam it full of like, ad watching to keep playing or whatever

Insomniac has plans for a X-Men game but we don't know how many playable X-Men characters that game is going to have. Imagine if its in third person like Spider-Man/Wolverine, and you have an option to select from 15 X-Men, and everyone has an extensive skill set, it could really be complicated to develop. But I hope we get that. :xmen:

Honestly I don’t think you need to reinvent the wheel. A Baldurs gate esque top down game where the xmen do cool stuff and also you get to explore the mansion, that’s what I need.

One of my fave parts of XML1 was all the little details like Colussus loves to paint so if you go to his room you can see his easel and everything

Top down is a no for me, especially after all the third person action-adventure games I've played with,and we are getting soon.

With an X-Men Legends type of game we probably wouldn't have the best type of story an AAA game can deliever, and the combat could be generic a bit.

But god, it would be so much fun being able to play with so many different characters.

And I assume an X-Men Lengends 3 would have more playable characters than Legends 2.

Damn! Either Marvel is very stupid or they secretly hate the X-Men.

Given the development time of modern AAA games, it really isn't that surprising.

Ultimate Alliance 3 actually does have some interesting combat in it. It just lacks decent RPG options.

X-Men Legends 3 was never a possibility as the team moved on to Ultimate Alliance right after. Activision was preoccupied publishing movie tie in games like X-Men The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Years later, we got X-Men Destiny and Deadpool.

The person involved with X-Men Legends 2 did say on YouTube, Onslaught was one of his ideas if they ever were going to do a third one. :xmen: I would have liked Sinister as the main villain and see more villains from the X-Men lore like the Marauders, and the Hellfire Club doing villainous things.

As for members of the team, the first two X-Men Legends game pretty much covered the essentials. A lot of b-tier X-Men were featured in some capacity as well Havok and Forge were Npcs in both games. Havok was accessible in X-Men Legends' Danger Room. Sunfire and Bishop were playable in the second game. Shadowcat, Polaris and Banshee appeared as NPC in the second game. Dazzler was an online-mission NPC character only which I never got to play the part. I guess they could have promoted some of them to playable status, while bringing back Psylocke, Beast and Emma as playable characters. Angel was supposed to be in the first game but was replaced by Jubilee, since the developers thought his skills set weren't good enough. He appeared in the next game as a NPC and a boss, and we got a fancy cutscene for his Archangel transformation. I would have liked Angel as a playable character in the third game.

I imagine if Activision/Raven continued doing X-Men games throughout the years,we could have gotten a third person X-Men game by now. Which compare to games like Insomniac Spider-Man, Arkham games, would have given us an option to control several characters.

I was thinking of narrative directors last night. It’s a shame they couldn’t use Mary Demarle from the guardians of the galaxy game but she’s gone to BioWare now.

Still, Amy Hennig would be cool. She did Unchartered and she’s doing that captain America and black panther game that looks decent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"