• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which current generation game series will you always remember fondly?

TX85

Avenger
Reaction score
Everybody has a favorite game series that started during an old gaming generation and like to see it continue or released as an online download or just like to remember it,Wii U is out now and Xbox 3&PS4 will be out within a few years and so that means the current generation is nearing the end of it's lifecycle!!

In the next gaming generation which series will you likely remember so fondly that you'll want it to continue or download some of them online?I don't mean continued franchises such as Halo/God of War/Spinter Cell/GTA/Hitman/etc But series that started on the Wii/360&PS3!

I'll always be holding series such as these(no particular order)in my heart&mind..

Assassins Creed
Gears of War
Uncharted
Batman Arkham Asylum&Arkham City
Little Big Planet
Mass Effect

Uncharted, Deadspace, Batman and Mass Effect.

Souls
Portal
Dead Rising
Batman
Borderlands
Maybe Mass Effect depending on how they choose to proceed after ME3.

Last edited:
Batman Arkham
Bioshock
Mirror's Edge

Can't GTAIV be classified as this gen? Rockstar usually goes out of their way to make the distinction that Vice City and San Andreas were the previous (GTAIII) generation.

My picks:
Assassin's Creed
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect
COD: Modern Warfare/Black Ops
Rock Band
Saints Row
Bioshock

not a franchise yet but looking forward to the next Sleeping Dogs.

Borderlands
Demon's Souls / Dark Souls
Assassin's Creed
Portal
Gears of War
Mass Effect

Bioshock and Skyrim definitely. Oh and Minecraft! That's definitely changed things!

Oh yeah and Green Day is right. The Arkham games will be fondly remembered

I can't believe I forgot the Arkham games. Add Skyrim and Fallout to that as well.

Uncharted, Batman Arkham and the Ultimate Ninja Storm games.

uncharted
call of duty modern warfare
mass effect
crysis
red dead redemption
mario galaxy
sonic generations
singstar (the first decent proper singing game - great for parties!)

Gears of War, Mass Effect & God of War
Uncharted & Skyrim too

Uncharted, start making a new one already.

I see a few people didn't read the OP. :/

Portal
Batman: Arkham
Dead Space
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Heck, even Gears of War.

I see a few people didn't read the OP. :/

Ha! Yeah, I noticed that and it's why I haven't posted yet. Almost every game I can think of is part of a franchise that started before the current generation.

I supposed I'd got with Minecraft and Mass Effect, although the latter is somewhat marred by it's ending.

Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"