Your JLA

sethcohen

still beats hal...
Reaction score
So let's see what everyone else here thinks... You pick the team you'd like to see in a JLA book and the creavite team you would like to see on that book...

Maritian Manhunter
Nightwing
Red Arrow
Flash (Wally, of course)
Ion
Tempest
Donna Troy
Power Girl

Creative Team:
Mark Waid/Carlos Pacheo

My JLA would be

Conner Kent - Kon-El as the new Superman
Tim- as the new Batman or a new hero altogether
Cassie as Wonder Woman
Bart as the Flash
Speedy
Aquagirl
A new GL

and Maritain Manhunter as more behind the scenes role.

All-Star Superman said:
My JLA would be

Cassie as Wonder Woman
Bart as the Flash
Speedy
Aquagirl
A new GL

sounds like mine in ten years lol

I'd probably go with the traditional 7 (Supes, Bats, Diana, J'onn, Aquaman, any random Green Lantern, whoever the Flash is at the moment) and maybe throw in Captain Marvel. Can't think of any specific writer/artist I'd want working on it.

I actually like the team we have right now and if I had to chose another writer it would be Mark Miller or Warren Ellis with Alan Davis as the artist.

All-Star Superman said:
My JLA would be

Cassie as Wonder Woman
Bart as the Flash
Speedy
Aquagirl
A new GL

That would make me immensely happy. Of course, they'd need to grow up a slight bit...

GL1 said:
That would make me immensely happy. Of course, they'd need to grow up a slight bit...
I just think that would be great if DC went the way of the Earth-2 Heroes but I doubt that will happen.

Superman
Wonder Woman (Donna Troy)
Nightwing
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Flash (Wally West)
Captain Marvel (Freddy Freeman)
Power Woman
Hawkgirl

i like that mystery... i should add CM to mine!

Ive never seen this thread done before.

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Arsenal
Cyborg
Power Girl
The Flash (Bart)

Twelve Years after Infinate Crisis, the devastations of mankind continue. As the current squads dwindle, new friendships are forged. So is the reforming of the JLA. They stand as the shield that protects the majority of earth from all forces that would do them harm, but the team is not as it was. With the retirement of leading the organization. Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman are forced to maintain balance within their own cities, as well as give support to the young men and women whom share their namesake. However In the absense of the big three, 5 heroes banded together to maintain the JLA organization. While they search for more members to fill their ranks, they invariably face dire situations of their own.

Captain Marvel
3451_180x270.jpg

Billy is no longer a child. And as a young adult, he feels it is his time to take on more responsibility. Solomon however see's how the power is starting to corrupt him. Jealously, envy and pride is seen behind the once entreily pure eyes of the Captain. Solomon has informed Billy that he was just one year to prove wheter or not he is truly worthy of the magic word SHAZAM! Captain Marvel joins, and co-leads the new JLA to win back the favor of the wizard.

Robin
250px-Robin150.jpg

Tim Drake is no longer a boy. He's merely just a wonder. He is now the worlds second greatest detective. Bruce Wayne is still the best, who remains ahead out of pure stubborness. Tim now does his teacher homage by joining the new JLA, but refuses to take on the 'Batman' name. Not only did Tim join the league, but he removed the name Robin from underneath Batman's shadow as a sidekick till death do he and the name part. He has the talent, and drive, and the tech to rival Batmans, but people are unsure of where the money is coming from, because it certainly isn't coming from Wayne Enterprises. Only Tim, and possibly Batman know this information.

Supergirl
supergirl.jpg

Now a proven hero, she is no longer under the constant scrutinty of Batman. Kara is now the Kryptonian representative in the JLA, one of earths most recognized heroes. She is the strongest being on the planet. there is no denying it. Thought she lacks much of the tact that Superman has. Even though she is a full grown woman, she still has a fiery and sometimes impatient temperment which the league has embraced with open arms. She now tries to be a good strong female role model for her young second cousin. The daughter of Clark and Lois Kent.

Jade/Green Lantern
250px-Jade_Churchill.PNG

The Green Lanterns of this sector went to war against Sinestro. His power was unfathomable. The multiplication of his powers continued to increase as he destroyed the lanterns rings, one by one. By directing their remaining will power into Alan Scott (the last remining lantern), he was able to defeat the monster, which had by then merged with recovered technology from brainiac. But his victory came at a terrible price. Alan Scott's death devasted the world, but upon his death hope was born as his daughter was relased from his power: a human fragment of the flame once again. She was then recruited to join the JLA, as the only remaining lantern of this sector.

J.J. Thunder
200px-Jsa80.png

Through his years of partnership with the powerful Thunderbolt Genie. Jakeem Williams has earned a place among the elite of this world. Because of the abuse of the ultra Humanite, Jakeem has become fully aware of the massive amount of power he wields. It was this past experience of helplessness that has made him the most cautious hero on the planet. He constantly considers as many outsomes as he can whenever he uses his powers. This has in turn forced him to become one of the worlds better strategic thinkers. Though he himself is good, he is always scared of the fact that in impure hands, the thunderbolt could be the worlds end.

So far so good. . .

I think I'd go with the JL of the cartoon but having Kendra for the Hawkgirl name and add Vixen or Zatanna.
I'm pretty pleased with the actual Justice League, the only thing that disturb me really is that I would have bring John Stewart instead of Black Lightning and Hal Jordan. Kinda the black guy + the guy with the ring = the black guy with the ring. That would have been pretty good for me.

I'd have a pretty big roster, consisting of 21 people.
The big three
John Stewart
Wally West
Zatanna
Dr.Fate
Aquaman (Orin)
Jason Blood
Hawkgirl
Vixen
Nightwing
Vixen
Linda Danvers Supergirl
Red Tornado
Green Arrow (Ollie)
Cyborg
Dr.Light
Martian Manhunter
Metamorpho
Steel
Firestorm

My JLA consists of

Paco from Blue Bettle
Dodge
Killa Nilla (Leader of course)
Lian (Roy's daughter)
King Shark
Alfred
Pete Ross

They would work out of the the Hall of Supporting Characters.

Justice League of America
Writer: Geoff Johns - Justice League of America is supposed to be DC's biggest book. Geoff Johns is DC's biggest writer at the moment. I'd like to see what DC's biggest writer can do with DC's biggest book. I'd like to see more of a quality we see in Teen Titans and Justice Society of America though, not Green Lantern.

Artist: Jim Lee - Jim Lee is currently DC's biggest artist. His art kicks ass. He would be much better used on this title than say that piece of crap known as All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder.

Roster
Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El - One of the few remaining Kryptonians in the DCU. Superman serves as a leader and the figurehead of the Justice League. He is also the Justice League's most powerful member. Founding member of the Justice League.

Batman/Bruce Wayne - The Justice League's main strategist and detective. With Bruce Wayne's vast fortune, Batman helps fund the Justice League, just like he funds his own personal crusade against crime. Along with Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and the Martian Manhunter; Batman is one of the leading figures of the Justice League. Founding member of the Justice League

Wonder Woman/Diana Prince - Using her skills from when she was Themiscrya's ambassador to man's world, Wonder Woman serves the Justice League's diplomat to the United Nations. With her position in the DEO, Wonder Woman is able to provide the Justice League information about the activities of the U.S. Government. Founding member of the Justice League

The Flash/Wally West - Wally continues his uncle Barry's Legacy as both the Flash and the speedster of the Justice League. The Flash's command over the Speed Force is a valuable asset in travelling time and healing fellow Leaguers.

Ion/Kyle Rayner - Kyle serves as the Justice League's Green Lantern. Kyle is the most powerful Green Lantern due to the lack of the need for a Green Lantern Ring. He doesn't need to recharge his powers every so often and his power is a blend of both the Central Battery on Oa, but also the Starheart.

Aquaman/Orin/Arthur Curry - Former King of Atlantis, Aquaman still commands the Seven Seas despite his kingdom's destruction at the hands of the Spectre. Since Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis is no longer Orin's book, he should get the chance to shine in the Justice League book once he's out of Squidbeard mode. Founding member of the Justice League.

Black Canary/Dinah Laurel Lance - One of the most skilled martial artists in the DCU, surpassing even Batman! Black Canary was also a founding member of the Justice League.

The Martian Manhunter - The last Green Martian in the universe. The Martian Manhunter is the most powerful telepath in the DCU, making him crucial member of the Justice League for communication between League members and locating people throughout the world. He also serves as one of the League's strategists. Founding member of the Justice League.

Green Arrow/Oliver Queen - Mayor of Star City, Green Arrow is a savy political force within the Justice League with connections to high level government officials. Like Batman, Green Arrow's fortune helps fund the Justice League.

The Atom/Ray Palmer - Ray Palmer serves as the Justice League's expert in technology. Since Ryan Choi is going to be the star of the All-New Atom, Ray should be allowed to shine in the Justice League book.

Red Tornado/John Smith/Ulthoon - Red Tornado has the ability of air manipulation. His robot body allows him to be the Justice League's punching bag, making him get destroyed constantly by the enemy.

Hawkman/Carter Hall- Hawkman serves as the Justice League's historian and as a strategist. His main function though is to serve as a link between the Justice League and the Justice Society of America.

Plastic Man/Patrick O'Brian - Plastic Man serves as the Justice League's comic doofus, like every team has. His abilities allow him to shift into any shape he wants, like the Martian Manhunter, allowing him to slip into an area with ease with little to no detection.

Zatanna Zatara - Zatanna is the Justice League's expert in the field of magic.

Firestorm/Jason Rusch - Together with Professor Martin Stein, Firestorm serves as the Justice League's physics expert. His abilities to transform matter makes him one of the most powerful beings in the DCU.

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash (Wally West)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Hawkman

Creative Team? Mark Waid writing, and rotating artists of, say, Jim Lee, Ed McGuinness, John Cassiday, maybe even a little Matt Wagner. Oh! And Greg Land, *****es.

Yep. The only difference is that Kyle would be Ion, rather than GL.

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter--the real one, not this fake-ass that's been wondering around calling himself J'onn J'onnz. But the point is, J'onn has to be in the League. It isn't the League if he's not.
Aquaman--again, the real one. Gotta be Orin.
Flash--Wally. Sensing a pattern? I loved Infinite Crisis and even most of OYL, I just hated the personnel changes.
Green Lantern--John. My first break with the Morrison League. I love Kyle, and he's probably even my favorite League Lantern, but he's got a book. Gardner's at the Corps, Jordan's in the solo book, Kyle's in Ion. Stewart gets the League.

Maybe Captain Marvel makes sense. Depends on where the character stands after Trials is over.

I've recently changed my mind as regards the Arrow family. At one point, I advocated Ollie in the League. I no longer think any of the archers is called for in the League. Batman barely fits within its paradigm, being unpowered, and only really makes sense because he is the pinnacle of human perfection. The Arrows are not. By the way, has Arsenal been officially changed to "Red Arrow" now? I was really hoping that was just Hal being hungover from a night of partying or something like that.

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Animal Man
Flash
Aquaman
Firestorm (Jason Rusch, because I'm also a Jason from Detroit, different skin color but it's all good)

Writers: Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Brad Meltzer and Geoff Johns on revolving arcs.
Artists: Carlos Pacheo, Ed Benes, Rags Morales, and that guy on JSA, I can't remember his name right now. In no particular order.

Also, a nice little touch that I would enjoy is having the Flash only appear as a blur for most of these stories, never taking the time to slow down for any reason. This would make speculation fly on who the Flash is and where exactly he got the JLA signal device. Then near the end we can finally see the Flash slow down and be revealed to be Barry Allen, trying to do all he can to help before he is erased from existence. I'm sure the DC writers could make this a lot more interesting than I am.

You could also substitute the Barry Allen reveal with Hunter Zolomon. Zoom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"