Your top achievements this generation

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
So what are some of the things you're most 'proud' of achieving in gaming this gen? I'm just talking anywhere in the last 8 years, so it can be on any platform, pretty much.

- Metal Gear Solid 4 - Not only did I grab the Big Boss Emblem in MGS4, I grabbed it twice, thanks to a trophy patch that was about, oh, four years late. It's actually not the hardest of tasks but certain choke points make me proud to have done it twice.

- Metal Gear Solid 2 - The HD version of MGS2 tasks you with beating all 300 or so VR Missions for a gold trophy. Some of the later tasks in the game require intricate knowledge of the game's systems and the final sniping challenges stop just short of being impossible. So I'm pretty happy with myself for managing to fight my way through them. Although pretty annoyed that I did it all pre-Vita patch and can't get the trophies twice.

- Dead Space 2 - There are two things I'm proud of in Dead Space 2. The first was completing the game on Zealot difficulty first time through without any of the upgrades that most people had to tackle it with. Then, being a glutton for punishment, I even beat the three saves only Hardcore mode, which was a big project of mine for about a month, working out the perfect place to save. I managed to get about the entire first half of the game done before my first save, though it took multiple restarts.

- Muramasa Reborn - Muramasa's top difficulty mode tasks you with completing the game without getting hit. It's not a job for the faint of heart to say the least but I managed to get through not just the campaign but all side missions and caves of evil without a scratch on me. It made for one of the most fun experiences I've had in some time, actually.

- Call of Duty: World at War - Anyone that's familiar with CoD's Veteran modes knows that WaW is a whole different beast. 9/10 you'll be killed in just one shot, with enemies that will hit you just miliseconds after poking half of your head out of cover. To make matters worse, you'll often has as many as 7 grenades thrown at you within the space of 10 seconds, making constant movement a necessity. It was one of the most frustrating, grueling experiences I've had in gaming but I friggin' did it.

- Dark Souls - I have the platinum in Dark Souls. Nuff said, really.

Haha i realized after reading this thread, i don't enjoy playing difficult games. I play games for their story and characters, not difficult gameplay. I mean i LOVED Dead Space 2, but had less than ZERO desire to play the 3 save hardcore mode. Never even thought about playing that game mode.

The only games i play on Hard are game series I'm really familiar with. The arkham series, splinter cell, hitman, NBA 2K etc. I get zero enjoyment out of playing a game like Uncharted on crushing. I don't find dying again and again and again and again to be all that fun.

Big Boss Emblem run is up there for me. I have yet to do it again, after the trophy patch. But, I'm going to. But, getting it done once felt like an achievement to me.

Platinum on Batman Arkham Asylum was special to me. I need two more achievements to get 100% on Arkham Asylum for the 360. I'm 60% through Arkham City on PS3, and only at the beginning of AC on 360. If I eventually wind up getting 100% on Arkham Asylum and Arkham City on both PS3 and 360...then I'll have to kill and claw to get it done for Arkham Origins, won't I?

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Getting all of the achievements, was a feat for me. If not for anything, getting that ****ing Mile High Club achievement.

Um... I played the hell out of Fallout 3 and New Vegas?

Like Pat, I play games for fun. I've stopped playing some games because they've irritated me beyond belief.

Getting all the achievements for the 3 Arkham games though they're not that hard. I'm particularly proud of getting all the achievements for Mirror's Edge and its dlc without looking on YouTube

Getting all of the achievements in Modern Warfare 2 was pretty hard. That was the last truly hard FPS I've played, the mission where you have to defend the house while the computer downloads something..HOLY CRAP. There were also a ton of hard Spec Ops missions.

Getting all of the achievements in Marvel Ultimate Alliance & Mass Effect were also pretty annoying as they required a ton of grinding. I've played both of those games SO many times, luckily they're two of my favorites.

• Getting the "gnome" achievement in Half-Life 2: Episode 2
  • Getting all the cheevos in Call of Duty 2 and 4
  • Maintaining a 4:1 K/D ratio when I was at the top of my game in CoD
  • Beating both Souls games
  • For a time, I was sitting very high on the leaderboards of Pinball FX, Pac-Man CE, and Pac-Man CE DX
  • Not this generation, but 100%-ing Super Mario 3D Land

Last edited:
Pacifist and Foxiest of the Hounds on Deus Ex are my two biggest achievements, not overly hard put patience was needed.

DmC Devil May Cry's platinum was the most challenging for me and it actually surprised me, because I really thought that was one platinum I'd never get.

Batman Arkham City's was the most fun, though. Completing all of the challenges was frustratingly good and time consuming, but the game is so good that, after I pulled it off, it was so worth it.

I guess most of mine are things I've done, not necessarily official achievements or awards. For example, when GTA IV was released, I was the only person I knew at the time who managed to pass the mission 'The Snow Storm' on the first try.

A more recent one would be an online race I did (GTA again, this time V) in which I was knocked clean into last place, spun out wildly and ended up way off course. I drove like hell, caught up and over took the guy in 1st with only about a hundred meters to go. He tried to pit me, and ended up sending me and himself sideways through the final checkpoint, with me coming in about a 10th of a second before him, landing me in first place.

I guess I'm also pretty proud of playing through all three Mass Effect games, but millions of people have done that. My various Skyrim and Fallout characters, those are memorable to me as well.

I usually quit when a game gets too hard. Personally beating resident evil 4 for me. That game took me years between school and work and life in general.

I'm kind of a masochist, really. I can be frustrated, like dealing with the Arkham challenge rooms, but it's such a sweet feeling when I finally triumph over it.

I 100% completed Red Dead Redemption. It's one of the few games I've done that with. I'm not much a completionist usually.

MGS4- I also got the Big Boss Emblem and beat the game 8-9 times for the platinum

Killzone 2 - Top 1% in online multiplayer. That's not one many people have at all

Red Dead Redemption - Getting 100% also felt like quite an achievement and I wasn't bored through any of it

So, I'm going to have to update my list to include the MP trophies for Batman Arkham Origins. At first, I never thought I'd be able to get them. I've never been much of a multiplayer player.

The "Paragon Predator" trophy has to be my crowning achievement in that game. It was not an easy get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"