• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warner Bros. Details Plans for ‘Justice League’ Movie (Exclusive)
By Ben Fritz
8:26 PM ET
April 27, 2014

First came “Man of Steel.” Next up is “Batman vs. Superman.” And then, “Justice League.”

Confirming the studio’s plans for a movie based on its iconic super-team for the first time, Warner Bros. president of worldwide production Greg Silverman said the studio has set plans to make a “Justice League” movie.

Like “Man of Steel” and its follow-up, which starts production next month, “Justice League” will be directed by Zack Snyder. Henry Cavill is expected to return as Superman, along with Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot, who play Batman and Wonder Woman, respectively, in 2016’s “Man of Steel” sequel tentatively titled “Batman vs. Superman."

“It will be a further expansion of this universe,” said Mr. Silverman. “’Superman vs Batman’ will lead into ‘Justice League.’”

A script is still in development and Warner has not set a release date, though the movie is unlikely to come out before 2018. Mr. Silverman would not comment on what other heroes might join Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in the movie. However the studio has recently been casting the role of Cyborg, a half-robotic hero who is expected to have a cameo in “Batman vs. Superman” and then appear in “Justice League.” Other DC heroes who have been in Justice League comic books include Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern.

The plans for three superhero movies in relatively quick succession show how intent Warner is on catching up with rival Walt Disney Co.’s Marvel Studios in building a cinematic superhero universe after years lagging behind.

Although the “Dark Knight” trilogy was a hit, Warner’s other efforts such as “Green Lantern” and “Jonah Hex” have flopped. A “Justice League” movie with a young cast that was to be directed by George Miller of “Mad Max” fame nearly went into production in 2008 but was killed at the last minute.

Warner Bros. has several other movies in development unconnected to the Justice League that are based on DC superheroes and fantasy and crime titles from its Vertigo line of genre comics, said Mr. Silverman and Toby Emmerich, president of Warner’s New Line Cinema label. They include “Shazam,” “Metal Men,” “100 Bullets,” and “Fables.”

And while there are no plans yet for a “Justice League” spinoff featuring Ms. Gadot’s “Wonder Woman,” Warner executives said they are warm to the idea.

“That is our hope,” said Sue Kroll, president of worldwide marketing. “With the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014...ils-plans-for-justice-league-movie-exclusive/

Your stance is legit, but what happens behind the scenes is not immaterial. It influences the movie.

As someone that didn't think that either MOS or BVS were bad films, I still think it would be best if WB gave Snyder the boot. Even though Affleck is the executive producer here, Nolan was the executive producer for MOS. But that film didn't exactly turn out to be TDK quality.

I think a big difference here is Snyder will probably be forced to listen to criticism by WB. Twice in a row polarizing movies plus making a movie that didn't but should have been a slam dunk for a billion isn't going to fly without some changes.

As someone that didn't think that either MOS or BVS were bad films, I still think it would be best if WB gave Snyder the boot. Even though Affleck is the executive producer here, Nolan was the executive producer for MOS. But that film didn't exactly turn out to be TDK quality.
Personally I feel like Ben is gong to be a lot more hands on than Nolan towards their respective films with Zack. While Nolan is pretty much done with his trilogy, he doesn't really have that much of a stake in a universe he just pitched, but have no active role in it really. While Ben is pretty much front and center of the franchise at the moment, so he does have an incentive to make this the best film possible for himself and the franchise.

I think Nolan was finishing up tdkr at the time MOS was coming together which limited his oversight.

From latest HR article, Roven is switching to a more EP type role in the DCEU. Jon Berg (co head of DC Films) will be more hands on with DC properties and will oversee day to day production.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-v-superman-fallout-producer-897071

Roven remains on set for Justice League: Part 1, currently shooting in London, although Warners now has sent Berg to also oversee the day-to-day production of that movie.

So now we've got Snyder, Affleck, Johns, Berg, and Roven all with their hands in the pot.

Does this really need to be this hard? :funny:

So now we've got Snyder, Affleck, Johns, Berg, and Roven all with their hands in the pot.

Does this really need to be this hard? :funny:
No it doesn't but the studio foolishly didn't give themselves time to switch directors.
Of course I care.

This stuff is fascinating. The drama behind the scenes is more entertaining that what they manage to put onscreen.
Marvel trolls are sadder than delusional DC fans. At least the delusional DC fans want to like DC films. You and your ilk annoy me more than whiny DC fans. I know people like you don't feel any shame so I shouldn't even engage.

Last edited:
Executive meddling. Here we come.

Unless something is done about Snyder I feel that no matter how many people they bring in, it would result in in-fighting. That's what I see happening.

Justice League's production is going to be Snyder vs. Everyone.

Marvel trolls are sadder than delusional DC fans. At least the delusional DC fans want to like DC films. You and your ilk annoy me more than whiny DC fans. I know people like you don't feel any shame so I shouldn't even engage.

Sorry that you're annoyed, but that wasn't trolling.

I have a major interest in film production, so these shakeups are indeed fascinating.

It was entertaining seeing the Sony Spider-Man cinematic universe fall apart due to executive meddling and poor decisions.

WB is making similar mistakes and their damage control is priceless.

Sorry that you're annoyed, but that wasn't trolling.

I have a major interest in film production, so these shakeups are indeed fascinating.

It was entertaining seeing the Sony Spider-Man cinematic universe fall apart due to executive meddling and poor decisions.

WB is making similar mistakes and their damage control is priceless.
Don't respond to me anymore. You aren't anyone I want to talk to. Keep this behavior up though because I am watching you and will be reporting you eventually.

I almost have to wonder why Snyder would even want to make the movie at this point.

Don't respond to me anymore. You aren't anyone I want to talk to. Keep this behavior up though because I am watching you and will be reporting you eventually.

Lol. No offense, but you began the conversation.

I almost have to wonder why Snyder would even want to make the movie at this point.

Because he believes he can make a great film. He's was billed by WB as 'visionary director' after all.

At this point, I think WB's best move is to let him make his JL film and round out his trilogy, instead of executive meddling and making things worse. This way he can wrap up his story.

They can reboot this Snyderverse in a decade.

I support Zack Snyder on this. #Hail Snydra.

You're not the only one that's noticed some trollish odd tendencies with that one.

He strikes me as someone who wants to stick to his vision whether others want to see it or not. WB are the enablers to his mad scientist. :oldrazz:

Really wonder what Snyder's reaction to all this will be. He's had a lot of freedom on MOS and BVS, even going as far as choosing not to listen to Nolan's advice repeatedly. Now based of rumors and even big trades JL Part One will have Snyder on a tighter leash than he's ever been on. Like it's been said before JL has been very behind the scenes. Apart from Faraci's rumors of Snyder and WB butting heads I haven't heard anything else.

Really wonder what Snyder's reaction to all this will be. He's had a lot of freedom on MOS and BVS, even going as far as choosing not to listen to Nolan's advice repeatedly. Now based of rumors and even big trades JL Part One will have Snyder on a tighter leash than he's ever been on. Like it's been said before JL has been very behind the scenes. Apart from Faraci's rumors of Snyder and WB butting heads I haven't heard anything else.

something tells me this is exactly how he feels at the moment:

He strikes me as someone who wants to stick to his vision whether others want to see it or not. WB are the enablers to his mad scientist. :oldrazz:

the negative reaction probably took a toll on Snyder (I mean, you wouldn't be human if it didn't affect you somehow)

but it probably won't affect him enough to shy away from still wanting to make the movie he wants to make. This is the guy who said that people didn't understand suckerpunch after all. I don't think he responds well to criticism, and boy has he gotten his fair share of it over the span of his career.

something tells me this is exactly how he feels at the moment:

the negative reaction probably took a toll on Snyder (I mean, you wouldn't be human if it didn't affect you somehow)

but it probably won't affect him enough to shy away from still wanting to make the movie he wants to make. This is the guy who said that people didn't understand suckerpunch after all. I don't think he responds well to criticism, and boy has he gotten his fair share of it over the span of his career.

I honestly don't know if the guy will last the entire production. You're absolutely right to say that Snyder is stubborn, and will still want to make a direct thematic sequel to his BvS, but there's no way WB lets him do that given the negative response to what should have been a massive success. There will be conflicts between them that could easily escalate to the point of the guy walking away before JL is finished.

I almost hope for his sake that he does do that. Then he can go and make the kind of films he wants to, without the baggage of all that prior narrative history that he doesn't seem to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"