• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when people mean 'filter' they mean like an instagram filter where you put your picture though. Obviously color timing/correction is a much more complex process and it takes days to just get one shot right--but people just don't like the dark palette it appears. I think had Snyder gone with orange skies, it would've looked cooler.

Dont they have orange skies in the money shot(JL TAS one).

Zack looking dapper af.

C774dpUXwAAfW5A.jpg

C7-vJBsXQAAFnos.jpg

What I've observed especially in the last few days' is people will flat out lie to try and somehow discredit Zack. Never seen anything like this with a filmmaker in all honesty.

I mean those that can do, do and those that can't become "film critics".

Examples of these lies people are saying about Zack?

And I started the theory a few months ago #Zackboinkedmymom

What I've observed especially in the last few days' is people will flat out lie to try and somehow discredit Zack. Never seen anything like this with a filmmaker in all honesty.

I mean those that can do, do and those that can't become "film critics".

lying? like what?

Was watching MOS again and god I hope they sneak Jor-El's monologue in JL somewhere. That would be some cinematic gold right there.

He's trying to beat Nolan at the vest game.

He's losing.

How much you wanna bet that Zack stole one of Nolan's sweaters thinking he'd absorb his powers if he wore it?

He's trying to beat Nolan at the vest game.

He's losing.

Careful. Sartorial comparison to Nolan is the joke I made last year that I'm still getting **** for :woot:

How much you wanna bet that Zack stole one of Nolan's sweaters thinking he'd absorb his powers if he wore it?

"When I put this chunky knit sweater on, I have complete command over non-linear story telling! Mwah hah hah hah!"

I am pretty sure it was not just the reception but the huge load of the work itself. BvS was a movie that tried to so many things at once, it must have been back-breaking. Continuation of MOS. Intro of rebooted Batman. First intro ever of WW. Launching a whole shared universe. Death of you know who. Tell a dramatic story juggling the core conflict with action and political undercurrents and the world-building. Probably some of the material that did not land well with many was part of a sizable inner struggle to find the best solutions to those huge demands.

I think compared to all that, Justice League must have been a relief, its ambition focusing more on scale, character and interaction, now that all the groundwork has been mostly established.

I hope he strikes gold and gets the corresponding kudos.

Which was why, back before we even had trailer footages of BvS, I pointed this out. People were more than upset with me on this forum! The movie was already bloated with the introduction of Batman, Lex Luthor, and rumors of Wonder Woman.

On top of having to then setup any future movie tie-ins that made sense in the film.

But people thought Snyder was on this Spielberg level of talent... which couldn't be further from the truth.

But people thought Snyder was on this Spielberg level of talent... which couldn't be further from the truth.

Those two names should never even be mentioned in the same sentence.

And I cant wait till you bastashs see what old man Spielberg did with Ready Player One. Goddamn awful, you'll see, I warned ya. lol

Black Narcissus's hate for Spielberg is always amusing.

He put me on ignore when I said he was a better filmmaker than Scorsese :hehe:

We all know Snyder is the true visionary here anyways.

the last spielberg movie i liked was catch me if you can. i admired lincoln. but like spielberg, i'm interested in whatever zack snyder is doing. as cameron noted, he's the sort of director who creates his own language. that's a sort of nebulous comment/compliment, but i tend to agree with the heart of it: love him or hate him, he's a talent who gets people talking about his movies. sucker punch was dreadful, i couldnt finish it or his owl movie, but when he's on, i don't think anyone's better suited for the comic movie genre

I'm just not a fan of the "language" Snyder is trying to create in his movies.

I really hope after JL we get some new blood.

i'm hoping he gets 1, even 2 more jl movies. but anyone with such a distinct style to their craft, being it filmmaking or writing, is not going to be everyone's cup of tea. but i also have a feeling justice league is going to be more of a studio crowd pleaser

Personally, I'd actually like to see him do something smaller budget after JL. Something that restricts his access to green screen and special effects and forces him to instead get creative with the film making process, specifically writing.

The dude is super talented! He's awesome with creating snapshots. He really knows how to set things up so that we'll geek over how cool and comic-like a shot looks, which should be commended! He also is pretty darn good at choosing his cast. I don't think there was a better choice for Superman and Snyder surrounded Cavill with a wonderful cast!

But I feel like he hasn't grown much as a filmmaker since his first movie, Dawn of the Dead, which is actually his highest rated movie on RT. I'd like to see him be able to coherently tell a good story rather than set up scenes just to get to the next snapshot moment. That all starts with the script, which he's unfortunately not the best with. I feel like he puts so much emphasis on setting up the cool shots that the script suffers from it. It's almost like he comes up with all the shots in his head and becomes so married to them that he has to make the script fit those shots. I'm not saying that's ACTUALLY what he does, but that's just what it feels like.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, what I'd really like to see from him is to evolve as a film maker. Man of Steel was a step in the direction, but that's because Godfather Nolan was involved. It feels the least Snyderesque of his films but it also feels the most inspired. I'd really like to see him take more of those strides, where he's trying to rise above his status quo and produce better STORIES...not just better visuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"