⛷️ Winter Sports

tzarinna

Mamochka
Reaction score
Any enthusiast out there?

I like ice skating and I'd love to learn to snowboard and ski.
I plan on doing some harassing to make the last two happen this year.

I only know of a couple of places to ice skate in my area and my skates have long been gone, I do love to glide on that rink. :dreams:

How long have you been doing both?
Are you on a hockey team?

How long have you been doing both?
Are you on a hockey team?
I'm pretty new to boarding. This is my third winter doing it. Hit my first jump last week. :up: Been playing hockey for a long time now. There were plenty of city leagues and whatnot that I could have played for but the schedule for the games always conflicted with my schedule in college. I just graduated so and I think there is a summer league next year. Hopefully I will be able to get on one of the summer teams. For now I just play in pick up games at the local rink.

Congrats on the jump. :yay:
I really want to learn. Do you own all your gear are do you rent?

Congrats on the jump. :yay:
I really want to learn. Do you own all your gear are do you rent?
Last year I went out and bought a nice package. I got a DC board, boots and bindings for three hundred and some odd dollars. Not having to rent makes my life so much easier.

So I never got around to ice skating and I've just joined a snowboarding group, now that spring is upon us.
So next winter it is so on. :mad:

Hopefully i can revive this thread a bit.

I just recently discovered that my mothers recently deceased uncle left her his home(which is about 3 to 4 hours from where i currently live). He lived about an hour away from a local ski resort and she is renovating the house to give it more of a "log cabin" type feel, anyway, now that i know of this i plan to really pick up snowboarding. Iv done it a few times and it was something that iv always wanted to really pick up but i never saw myself doing it that often as i didnt really have the means to. Any way, i had a few questions that hopefully some of you can answer.

What are some good brands of boards to consider? I know Burton is one of the more common, but they also seem to be a bit pricey, altho im not looking for anything super cheap. I dont mind paying for quality. Is it better to buy bindings and boards in a package or does it really matter? Also, what are some good tips to keep in mind when actually getting onto the slopes? Any help would be appreciated.

I've been away, obviously. Did you have the answers to any of your questions, and have you been out enjoying the abundance of snow?

I did get to go ice skating before getting pregnant last year. There's an ice rink in DC among the museums, it's actually located in a sculpture garden. I really wish I could take advantage and go snowboarding thoguh.

I wanted to learn this one out but I'm really scared. I just don't know why. I love watching it on tv but I'm afraid to try it. Any advice guys? Thanks.

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button. :p
sunfood | office furniture San Jose

Last edited:
I've never been, but I would suggest either joining a group or getting an instructor.

What are all of the winter-season sports in high school and college?

My school has wrestling, basketball, and swimming. I know that hockey is also a winter sport, but are there any others?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been snowboarding for 4 years but it is just a hobby:-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"