2006 Superman Festival

C. Lee

Superherohype Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 24, 2002
Messages
74,005
Reaction score
29,815
Points
203
I just got off of the phone with the Metropolis, Illinois Chamber of Commerce....here are the signed guests scheduled to attend this years festival. All guest appearences are subject to change due to unforseen circumstances.

Michael Rosenbaum
http://www.michaelrosenbaum.com/

Noel Neill
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/tv/tv.php?topic=cast-crew/noel-neill

Steve Rude
http://www.steverude.com/live/index.php

Steve Stanley
http://www.stanleyart.com/main_intro.html

Mark Waid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Waid

Marv Wolfman
http://www.marvwolfman.com/

The Superman Festival is in Metropolis, Illinois
June 8 - 11 2006

The Chamber of Commerce said this will be up on their official site in a couple of days...I will post a link when it is.

I've attended these the last 8 straight years...plan on being there again for this one. Maybe I'll see some of you there.
 
Cool... I'd love to see MR in person!

I wish I could go... :(
 
C. Lee said:
I just got off of the phone with the Metropolis, Illinois Chamber of Commerce....here are the signed guests scheduled to attend this years festival. All guest appearences are subject to change due to unforseen circumstances.

Michael Rosenbaum
http://www.michaelrosenbaum.com/The Superman Festival is in Metropolis, Illinois
June 8 - 11 2006

The Chamber of Commerce said this will be up on their official site in a couple of days...I will post a link when it is.

I've attended these the last 8 straight years...plan on being there again for this one. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

MR is going to be there???? Crap!

I wasn't planning on it, that's a loooong drive even though it's in the same state I am. Plus.. I have "stuff" to deal with which would make it *very* difficult to go. So unfair. :(

Crap, again! I wonder what day he's going to appear? It's a 6.5 hour drive from here.. a day trip would be tough.

Zorex and Fran are going. Waaaah. :(
 
I heard a Smallville castmember will appear at the next Toronto comic-con too in August. I cant wait.

Last year it was Erica Durance. This year Im betting its either Mack or Kreuk.

If its Kreuk, the gloves are coming off and its gonna be a Lana lightning round....Lana has alot to answer for this year.
 
Serene said:
MR is going to be there???? Crap!

I wasn't planning on it, that's a loooong drive even though it's in the same state I am. Plus.. I have "stuff" to deal with which would make it *very* difficult to go. So unfair. :(

Crap, again! I wonder what day he's going to appear? It's a 6.5 hour drive from here.. a day trip would be tough.

Zorex and Fran are going. Waaaah. :(
Yeah, I'm definitely going. Though I thought it was a longer drive than 6.5 hours? Maybe it just depends on who's driving ;)

Wish you could go Rene :-\
 
Zorex_519 said:
Wish you could go Rene :-\
Well, I'm not going to count on it.. but perhaps, depending on lots of things.. like Jupiter aligning with Mars.. I'll just hop in my car and take a run down there last minute.

I wish I knew the schedule though.. I would only go to see MR. (and Zo and Fran.. and TW4Supes!.. and C.Lee. :D)
(almost forgot.. and BizarroTom!)

<--major SV geek. ;)
 
C. Lee said:
I've attended these the last 8 straight years...plan on being there again for this one. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Do you live close? If not do you stay for the whole thing or just go for a day? Do you stay in a hotel? I'm thinking about going, I would like to get MR autograph. I would like to get him to sign one of my Flash figures.
 
I live about 4 hours drive from there. The festival runs from Thursday to Sunday. I usually drive down Friday afternoon....get a hotel in Paducah, Kentucky (it's about 6 miles from Metropolis)....and stay there until Sunday.

The celebrities are usually there for most of Saturday. They will have them seperated at a few different banks for autographs in the morning....then around noon they bring everyone together over by the giant Superman statue for a question and answer period, with them all up on a stage....then they set up for autographs in the Chamber of Commerce.
 
Kane said:
I heard a Smallville castmember will appear at the next Toronto comic-con too in August. I cant wait.

Last year it was Erica Durance. This year Im betting its either Mack or Kreuk.

If its Kreuk, the gloves are coming off and its gonna be a Lana lightning round....Lana has alot to answer for this year.

As if Kreuk is gonna have the answer to what the writers are sniffing.....****ing nerds can't they just get an autograph and bounce?
dry.gif
 
Kane said:
I heard a Smallville castmember will appear at the next Toronto comic-con too in August. I cant wait.

Last year it was Erica Durance. This year Im betting its either Mack or Kreuk.

If its Kreuk, the gloves are coming off and its gonna be a Lana lightning round....Lana has alot to answer for this year.

most likely Mack or Glover. Welling and Kreuk dont do the Con thing, they're both pretty private people
 
Kane said:
If its Kreuk, the gloves are coming off and its gonna be a Lana lightning round....Lana has alot to answer for this year.

Now really.. read what you wrote there ^ and think about how little sense it makes.

Yet another reason why celebs are hesitant about fan cons...
 
Serene said:
Now really.. read what you wrote there ^ and think about how little sense it makes.

Yet another reason why celebs are hesitant about fan cons...

Reminds me of that episode of Entourage from last season where Vinnie had to go to comic-con after getting the Aquaman role
 
C. Lee said:
... Maybe I'll see some of you there.

<----<<<< Tee hee; I really do live about 75 miles NW of Metropolis. Maybe I will see you there.

Look for a guy who is old enough and tall enough to play Bruce Wayne in TDKR. Ok, maybe a few pounds need to come off, but I could ya know :p
 
Squatlow said:
<----<<<< Tee hee; I really do live about 75 miles NW of Metropolis. Maybe I will see you there.

Look for a guy who is old enough and tall enough to play Bruce Wayne in TDKR. Ok, maybe a few pounds need to come off, but I could ya know :p
Wear a Tshirt that says - SHH owns me - and I'll be able to find you.:)
 
C. Lee said:
Wear a Tshirt that says - SHH owns me - and I'll be able to find you.:)
Dude. You're the one who should be wearing that shirt. :)
 
Super_Ludacris said:
As if Kreuk is gonna have the answer to what the writers are sniffing.....****ing nerds can't they just get an autograph and bounce?
dry.gif

Durance answered alot of questions about her character regardless of the writers...when she was there.

Im not gonna ask KK anything if shes there.....since shes not a writer and it prolly wont change anything, but I think it will be entertaining to watch.

If anything, the 'nerds' will be sucking up to her for an hour anyways...
 
Supershizzle said:
most likely Mack or Glover. Welling and Kreuk dont do the Con thing, they're both pretty private people

Mack is very possible. Welling is very impossible.

Kreuk is somewhat possible. I heard she comes to Toronto for some summers from Vancouver. It may work into her schedule.
 
Serene said:
Dude. You're the one who should be wearing that shirt. :)
I have a real nice polo shirt with the "S" logo on the left chest area that I like to wear to it....maybe I'll carry a sign though.:)
 
Just make sure you get some good pictures Lee.
 
C. Lee said:
I just got off of the phone with the Metropolis, Illinois Chamber of Commerce....here are the signed guests scheduled to attend this years festival. All guest appearences are subject to change due to unforseen circumstances.

Michael Rosenbaum
http://www.michaelrosenbaum.com/

Noel Neill
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/tv/tv.php?topic=cast-crew/noel-neill

Steve Rude
http://www.steverude.com/live/index.php

Steve Stanley
http://www.stanleyart.com/main_intro.html

Mark Waid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Waid

Marv Wolfman
http://www.marvwolfman.com/

The Superman Festival is in Metropolis, Illinois
June 8 - 11 2006

The Chamber of Commerce said this will be up on their official site in a couple of days...I will post a link when it is.

I've attended these the last 8 straight years...plan on being there again for this one. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Cool .
 
Well I am going I told my wife I'll take her on a trip to Italty if we could go so she agreed and were going.
 
Tony_Montana said:
Well I am going I told my wife I'll take her on a trip to Italty if we could go so she agreed and were going.
Wow....I'm glad my wife didn't do that....I can't afford a trip like that.:)
 
Oh I can plus she has family over there. I found out one of her great uncles was Scarface himself and not Tony. Plus I always wanted to go.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,620
Messages
21,773,757
Members
45,612
Latest member
picamon
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"