A Cure for Wellness

He'd be great but I don't want him to just resort to a superhero film after coming off of this. I want the guy to keep doing stuff like this. Verbinski is too maverick for WB's DC anyway.

I really wanna check it out but think I'll wait for the blu-ray release.

I want to check it out before it's get spoiled for me. Some coworkers sitting near me were discussing the film during lunch, I slowly got up and walked away before I heard too much.

He'd be great but I don't want him to just resort to a superhero film after coming off of this. I want the guy to keep doing stuff like this. Verbinski is too maverick for WB's DC anyway.
With how much this film bombed, Verbinski's going to need to earn some goodwill back so he even gets to do more daring stuff like this. It may be frowned upon for an artist to "sell out" even momentarily, but honestly I think he could do wonders with a property like Batman.

A quarter of the time my mind wandered off imagining an off-shoot original story taking place in Arkham. The gothic overtones instantly triggered the batfan in me, something not felt since Burton.

A real shame this movie isn't doing far better. I don't know if it's because of the stacked weekend, the stilted marketing, or just an overall unconventional narrative this was for general audiences. But dammit a film this ambitious with the money to show it off, deserves some recognition. There are glaring issues on the script level, but it's mostly in the climax. It's still very much worth a theater viewing for the visuals alone.

Also I'm utterly fascinated by Mia Goth. Judging solely from pictures I found her fairly bland, and knowing a whackjob like Shia married her was even more puzzling. But seeing her "live", she's absolutely mesmerizing. The role wasn't much, but Mia pulls it off in spades where most would have faltered.

I don't know why, but I get some Lovecraft vibes from this as well, or is that nuts? Either way, very curious about this movie and really want to see it. It looks really unnerving.

I saw it and thought it was like a One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest/Wicker Man/Frankenstein/Phantom Of The Opera/Jacob's Ladder type hybrid.

The weird creepy beats didn't really hit for me. I think someone like David Lynch does that kind of stuff really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"