• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Relevant What if? Thread-HERO INITIATIVE ANNOUNCES MIKE WIERINGO TRIBUTE BOOK

Darthphere

Kneel before 'Drox!
Reaction score
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=151996

Classy!

Now, Marvel Comics has provided access to the script and ‘Ringo’s art to The Hero Initiative, while Mike’s friends have stepped in to finish the story. The completed work: What If…This Was The Fantastic Four?: A Tribute to Mike Wieringo, now a 48 page tribute, will ship in June.

Artists for the tribute include: Jeff Parker, Arthur Adams, Paul Renaud, Stuart Immonen, Cully Hamner, Alan Davis, David Williams, Sanford Greene, Humberto Ramos, Skottie Young, Mike Allred, Barry Kitson, and Val Staples. Cover artwork is by Mike Wieringo and Paul Mounts, and The Hero Initiative is publishing the book with the full suport of both Marvel Comics, and the family of Mike Wieringo.

Me too. His death still makes me sad when I'm reminded of it. He was one of my favorite artists, and literally one of the nicest guys in the biz.

That's a good idea, and I will buy it.

I am curious how the trade of his last actual work, SPIDER-MAN & THE FANTASTIC FOUR, which was written by Jeff Parker, is being marketed. Frankly, if you liked 'Ringo and didn't get it in single issues, nab that. It was a fun work. I just never imagined it'd be his last.

I'm down for it too :) Really looking forward to seeing Art Adams working with the 'New Fantastic Four' again :) Plus it's for 'Ringo to boot!

That's a good idea, and I will buy it.

I am curious how the trade of his last actual work, SPIDER-MAN & THE FANTASTIC FOUR, which was written by Jeff Parker, is being marketed. Frankly, if you liked 'Ringo and didn't get it in single issues, nab that. It was a fun work. I just never imagined it'd be his last.
That was a really fun story. Jeff Parker excels at those, and Ringo's art was excellent. :up:

For anyone who hasn't read it yet, I'd really recommend Tellos. Not only does Dezago weave a pretty cool story, but Ringo's art was at it's absolute peak there. Very good stuff. :up:

I shall buy this. Ringo was one of the most passionate and genuine people working in comics today.

I loved reading his blog. Sometimes, comics was his life and sometimes it was just a job. I really appreciated his honesty about being burned out on certain projects, and being enthusiastic about others.

For anyone who hasn't read it yet, I'd really recommend Tellos. Not only does Dezago weave a pretty cool story, but Ringo's art was at it's absolute peak there. Very good stuff. :up:
I meant to read that. It's all in one hardcover for $27 at Amazon, too. I'm gonna order it when I have some extra cash.

Not only is it awesome that this is a tribute to Mike Wieringo, but it's also great that this is about my favorite version of the F4. I can't wait to take a peek at this.

So I just looked up what Tellos is? Man, that looks like good doin's.

I mean I'm always thinking how there really ought to be more comics about magical pirates and hey, here one is.

That was a really fun story. Jeff Parker excels at those, and Ringo's art was excellent. :up:

Indeed. I probably have said this many times, but Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four have always had a close connection to each other (a fact that Dan Slott played with for his classic SPIDER-MAN/HUMAN TORCH series that started his cult status) and to me, if Spider-Man were to have joined any team, the Four'd made more sense than the Avengers. But it is all moot now.

I've heard about TELLOS. Mystical stuff falls under that category of "not usually my genre for comics" like quite a lot of other stuff, but I have looked it up before and being in one HC is helpful. It is on my radar. If I saw it at a shop somewhere I could see myself grabbing it on impulse.

Indeed. I probably have said this many times, but Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four have always had a close connection to each other (a fact that Dan Slott played with for his classic SPIDER-MAN/HUMAN TORCH series that started his cult status) and to me, if Spider-Man were to have joined any team, the Four'd made more sense than the Avengers. But it is all moot now.
They're kind of at capacity. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"