Adam Sandler to Star in Disney's Bedtime Stories?

SuperBatman

Superhero
Reaction score
Source: Variety

Adam Sandler will topline Disney's family comedy Bedtime Stories, set to begin production later this year with Adam Shankman (Hairspray) directing.

Disney said Tuesday it has set the film for a holiday 2008 release and noted "Stories" marks Sandler's first feature project for the Walt Disney Pictures banner. He previously worked for Disney on the 1998 Touchstone comedy The Waterboy.

Sandler will portray a harried real estate developer whose life is suddenly turned upside down when the lavish bedtime stories he tells his niece and nephew begin to come true.

Matt Lopez wrote the script. The film will be produced by Andrew Gunn's Gunn Films, Sandler and producing partner Jack Giarraputo through Happy Madison Productions. Shankman, Jennifer Gibgot, and Anne Marie Sanderlin will executive produce.

What do you guys think about this? Could Disney get Another Size Hit or will it bomb?

I liked Click... the movie with he and the guy from King of Queens looks good... its got potential

Sandler in a Disney movie...should be interesting.

Brendan Fraser was supposed to star in this last I heard. Last wacky role he had was Looney Tunes, which wasnt' all that wacky. :csad:

edit: never mind, he's starring in Inkheart, a similar movie.

28hmkd4.jpg

On the bright side, this has gotta be better than the piece of **** "You Don't Mess With The Zohan".

Haha that looks pretty cool :D Who does Russell Brand play i wonder

Yeah looks like it could be fun. Happy Gilmore is still his best imo.

"thats your home!!! Are you to good for your home!!!!??"

"How about I just go eat some hay, I could make things out of clay and lay by the bay, I just may, what do ya say?"

Looks alot of fun to me :) Should be a hit with the kids. Spotted Mr Brand as well, still needs a hair cut!

Back to the future III music as well :p

Adam Sandler died nearly 10 years ago:o

No way! 50 First Dates, Spanglish, You Don't Mess With Zohan, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry...ok I could go on and on, but I will stop. :) I think not only does Adam Sandler make this movie look good, but the supporting cast as well. I have always loved Courtney Cox and Keri Russel from their T.V. days.

Bedtime Storiesis finally coming out this week on Thursday. I can't wait. I just read this awesome review from Variety saying that Sandler "javascript:zodInfuser.FillDescriptions('"Bedtime Stories."');has delivered on his promise to make a movie his kids can enjoy. What's more, he's managed to do so without alienating his core audience."

That is awesome. I love being able to enjoy a movie that my parents and nieces and nephews can all enjoy, especially perfect for the holidays!

The cast is pretty awesome in this. That one guy who plays Sandlers best friend was crazy. Guy Pierce and Lucy Lawless were funny too in there own way. I liked it much better then Chuck and Larry and Zohan. But Maybe not more then Click which this was something like family wise.

Bugsy ftw. I suspect he had something to do with all the stuff coming true, but they never blatantly say it.

Looney Tunes: Back in Action was a disgrace! They should have just done Space Jam 2! Michael Jordon isn't doing much these days anyway!

I think that movie killed Jenna Elfman's film career.

Looks interesting enough, but after surviving the mess that was Zohan. I'm treading softly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"