AI problems never seem to end

DoomRulz

A guy that comes and goes
Reaction score
Why is it that developers just can't seem to get the AI to behave with brains when it comes to video games these days?

I've been playing Command and Conquer 3 and replaying Generals lately, and all the AI seems to know is rush, rush, rush. And the AI cheats for some reason... The pathfinding is horrendous, as units can't seem to work their way out of a trench or w/e and instead flop on building corners like dying fish.

Turok's AI is so unbalanced, that one minute they're sharpshooting snipers and the next they don't even know how to use a gun.

Can anyone think of anything else?

On the more positive side, the best thing about the Halo series, imho, is the AI. On anything above hard they're some of the smartest AI I've ever seen.

I'll give you that, FPS games usually have pretty good AI. Far Cry has some of the best IMO.

The AI in MUA isn't that good and will hopefully be improved in the sequel. Characetrs get stuck behind barrells etc. and sometimes one member of your team will just stand there and do nothing during certain levels.

The AI in MUA isn't that good and will hopefully be improved in the sequel. Characetrs get stuck behind barrells etc. and sometimes one member of your team will just stand there and do nothing during certain levels.

I know what you mean. Worse yet, they don't even use their powers even if they are doing anything in the first place.

Lego Star Wars. The character you arent controlling will just stand there, get shot, and not do anything back. Sometimes the jedi characters will deflect the lasers, but they never attack.

Lego Star Wars. The character you arent controlling will just stand there, get shot, and not do anything back. Sometimes the jedi characters will deflect the lasers, but they never attack.

That's true and even if they do attack, no matter how many times they hit the enemy they can't kill them.

C&C: Renegade is a prime example. Ever played it? I kid you not, there are moments when you shoot an enemy at point blank range, and they will literally just stand there, staring at you :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"