Alex Garland's Civil War

Definitely something I'm going to watch. Been watching Alex Garland movies since 2012.

Garland would be perfect for another Matrix or Blade Runner movie, should we ever get either.

Here for it. Nice to see Kirsten Dunst doing a Garland film, she’s very underrated.

ANNIHILATION earned him a lifetime "will watch without question" pass from me.

"Alex Garland has a new-"
"-YES"
Funny. For me it is the only one he wrote I didn't care for much.

I can't wait to see the victory of the Parliamentarians at the Battle or Worcester.

A24 action epic? This should be interesting.

1d188352708c1fcfbb7d46c338e7e836.jpg

So this movie is titled Civil War and set in a near-future America? Don't go stoking any fires now, Garland. :o

I quite liked Ex Machina and Devs. Annihilation didn't do as much for me. (It probably deserves a re-watch.)

His last two movies have been stellar, but I couldn’t get through Devs. Nevertheless, I will watch anything else he’s a part of.

I enjoyed majority of movies from AG, be it director or writer credit. Ex Machina and Annihilation were great. So this one is definitely on my watchlist.

I'm always interested in his work, so definitely watching this. I like the cast so far.

I felt the same way Persona. Wasn't a fan of Devs. But I respected that Garland went for it, if that makes sense. I loved the look and tone of the show but it just didn't work for me narrative wise.

I agree. It had some conceptual and aesthetic moments but overall was just way too stilted for me and that was hard to take for that long.

I'm all for watching a movie about Right Wing extremists getting their heads blown off by the "woke left" and seeing the collective meltdown on Fox News about it.

Wagner Moura Teases Alex Garland's A24 Action Movie Civil War [Exclusive]

Of the project, Moura said:

"We are working [on it] right now. We've been shooting for a month already, and it's been great. I can't tell you a lot about the film yet, but I'm a fan of Garland and I'm excited to be working with Kirsten Dunst, the great Stephen Henderson, who is an actor that I have a lot of admiration for. And this young, amazing actress called Cailee Spaeny. So it's the four of us in a car, trying to figure this Civil War out."

Didn’t care much for MEN so to call this a companion piece doesn’t give me much confidence in the story but we’ll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"