Allison Road

rashad

Hype Board Junkie
Reaction score
Allison Road / 21 Sep 2015
Kickstarter Campaign Launches for P.T. Spiritual Successor Allison Road

29 days left.

By Cassidee Moser - Fans of Konami's now-dead Silent Hills teaser P.T. may be interested in the latest horror game to launch a Kickstarter campaign.

Called Allison Road, this narrative-driven horror game has been compared to P.T. on several occasions, likely due to it being set in a house that incrementally descends into a hellscape as the player explores the environment.

Originally a small project created by developer Chris Kesler, Allison Road gained popularity after he posted a small prototype online around the same time as Silent Hills' cancellation. Due to its positive reception, Kesler brought on a team of developers, started a studio called Lilith Ltd., and began working to make the game into a bigger project.

Allison Road currently has 29 days left in its Kickstarter campaign and at time of writing has met $53,087 of its $388,281 crowdfunding goal. Several backer tiers ranging from $8 USD - over $7,000 are available for those interested in contributing funds. Visit the campaign page to learn more.

Horror fans might also be interested in checking out IGN's review of SOMA, the latest horror game from the developers of Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09...ont page)&utm_content=3&utm_campaign=Blogroll
[YT]OyacYuFpZGM[/YT]

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1047022

Dafuq? I wanted Daryl Dixon in Silent Hillsssssssssss, not this ****. :o

But seriously, all these developers making spiritual successors to fan favorite games are getting quite abundant. I like it. :up:

I liked PT a good deal, I really did, but I have doubts that could substation a full game all the way through to be honest. It worked incredible well as a tech demo, interactive teaser combo, but as a full game I feel like a lot more would have to be fleshed out unless it was just a series of PT styled puzzle rooms or something one after the other. Even then, it'd be hard to keep that fresh after one or two rooms.

Actually, the developers have stated the game will have multiple environments. Honestly, I get an "Among The Sleep" vibe from this game. I feel like it's going to be a psychological thriller and, in turn, will allow them to explore multiple environment set ups.

I think this game will be very interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about it though quite frankly. While a lot of people are excited for the project, I couldn't really get behind what I was seeing. I know they're a small studio but, I think their approach to some horror set ups is just not as realized as what Del Toro and Hideo came up with.

The blood running down the walls...the noises...the woman covered in blood walking towards you. For me, a seasoned horror veteran, it just didn't hold any substance for me. That and the guy narrating everything he did was off putting.

P.T. didn't do anything new/revolutionary...they just paced it/presented it "right". They made you guess when things were going to happen and delivered nothing...only to then surprise you when you put your guard down. The sound effects were also very top notch in P.T. but it didn't present itself in a Hollywood level. I think that's where Allison Road might fall short. I think they're trying to make a AAA horror title which, really, doesn't always deliver.

P.T. didn't feature music or anything like that. As Tron_Bonne stated perfectly, it was a small experience. It was a demo and it managed to keep you scared and immersed because it kept constantly evolving into something else. It never really gave you, the player, an opportunity to become desensitized to the horror element.

There are games though that manage to successfully keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end. The horror game that comes to mind for that, for me at least, is Until Dawn. But, Until Dawn presented itself in an interesting fashion. It was interactive based and YOUR decisions shaped how the story would unfold/who would live and who would die. You wanted to keep the characters alive and if you made slip ups at certain parts of the story, it was very unforgiving.

Still to this day, Until Dawn is one of the best horror experiences I've had the pleasure of playing. It'll be interesting to see how Allison Road delivers.

Some news about it

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10...-road-reveals-dark-twisted-forest-environment

Plus new images:

arforeststatuejpg-99680f_765w.jpg

arcliffedgejpg-b6a606_765w.jpg

allisonroadforestabysswip2jpg-9b3145_765w.jpg

allisonroadlakesidecabinexterior2jpg-9b3146_765w.jpg

"Allison Road isn't about excessive gore or jumpscare horror. It's more the type of horror that leaves you deeply unsettled, but equally you just want to continue to find out what exactly is going on. Peaking around every corner carefully, listening to every sound. Of course it'll get your heart pounding on occasion and hopefully you'll be terrified in the end, but it'll leave you with a really memorable experience.

We really want this to do its little part to help horror back to where it used to be 15 years ago. More story/atmosphere driven games with less focus on action, jump scares and gore."

Really now thinking about donating hearing and seeing all about this game so far.

The Kickstarter has been canceled in favor of a publisher deal. I'm going to retitle the thread since it's no longer accurate.

RdwnAXd.png

Last edited:
It's Ubisoft isn't it? :(

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

Really bummed about the cancellation. There was another game called Eleanor's Stairway that tried the PT approach as well, but it wasn't that good.

Yay? I actually want to demo it, so I hope they have one soon. :)

It's a cautious yay rather than a questioning one since there's always a chance it may get delayed or cancelled again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"