Amazon's 'Homecoming' starring Julia Roberts and directed by Sam Esmail

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
[YT]qsUfdJ7eZ3w[/YT]

Heidi Bergman is a caseworker at Homecoming, a Geist Group facility helping soldiers transition to civilian life. Years later she has started a new life, living with her mother and working as a waitress, when a Department of Defense auditor questions why she left the Homecoming facility. Heidi quickly realizes that there’s a whole other story behind the story she’s been telling herself.

37989603_10156721335326617_7117200755857031168_n.jpg

Let Sam Esmail make anything he wants. If that's not a rule of television, it should be.

The creator, writer and director of USA's Mr. Robot, which redefined what a television series could do visually, is the director and executive producer of Amazon's latest series, Homecoming, which dropped the first four of its 10 inaugural season episodes at the Toronto Film Festival on Friday and immediately added more buzz to Amazon's emerging Prime Video brand.

I need this now.

Last edited:
Yeah the Podcast which it's based on was brilliant,really wish they could of used some of the actors from it.

Amazon’s ’Homecoming’ Is One Of The Year’s Best Binge-Watches

The result is a super-bingeable, addictive, quality drama, one that’s not quite like anything else I’ve seen in a while. I watched the entire season in two sittings. I might watch it again to see if there are things I missed or that were teased out in little ways that will be more profound with complete knowledge of the facts. I might watch the ending six more times for clues. Maybe I’ll just zip to the part where Julia Roberts dresses down an annoying coworker by saying “Shut your wet little mouth and go back to your toys” because that was awesome. I don’t know. What I do know is that I liked Homecoming very much and if Sam Esmail has the time he should direct as many things as he can.

Really loved the 1st episode, had to stop myself from binging it.

That opening shot :hrt:
vlcsnap-2018-11-02-10h29m06s285.png

Oh my... the beginning of Episode 7.

Wow.

Episode 8 blew my mind... but episode 10/the finale destroyed my heart. Esmail, doesn’t get enough credit with those types of things. He does that all of the time in Mr. Robot.

On episode 3. Didn’t really know anything about this going on and pleasantly surprised it’s more of an ensemble than the Julia Roberts show. She’s good in it but was wary that it was just going to be how characters respond to her, like House of Cards.

I like the episodes are also only half hour blocks. Less filler.

Very solid show. The ensemble cast is just fantastic here, especially Roberts, Whigham and Cannavale. I really liked the dude who played Walter Cruz too. I thought the creators/directors handled the tone perfectly as well. I loved how it not only felt like a drama at times, but also a creepy, conspiracy thriller.

It's a shame she wont be returning, but it's ok since her character got a proper ending.

Pretty good show. Aesthetically striking but even with the shorter episodes the narrative definitely did some wheel-spinning. And I don't know that the aesthetic was always in service of the story or characters. But it definitely kept me with the show which is more than I can say for a lot of programming these days in the Era of Quality TV Overload.

I know Esmail isn't directing anymore, but is he still "part of it"?

I know Esmail isn't directing anymore, but is he still "part of it"?
I'm not sure I know he was promoting it on twitter a while back, so my guess is he probably has an 'Executive producer' credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"