• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Amy Henning's Marvel project

Gee

Rebirth
Reaction score
Skydance New Media Joins Forces with Marvel Entertainment to Create an All-New Interactive Title - Skydance Media
Skydance New Media, the new interactive division of Skydance Media helmed by award-winning writer and director Amy Hennig, announced today a partnership with Marvel Entertainment to develop a narrative-driven, blockbuster action-adventure game, featuring a completely original story and take on the Marvel Universe. This marks the first initiative from the new AAA game studio, which was formed by Hennig and Electronic Arts veteran Julian Beak to pioneer a new category of story-focused interactive entertainment—a groundbreaking convergence of games, film, and television.

Damn, Marvel games exploding right now! Look forward to finding out which characters the game features.

Very excited to learn what this will be! Since it's AAA, I'm going to guess it's a heavy hitter (most likely someone who's been in an MCU movie) that hasn't featured in any of the recent AAA games.

Top guesses for me would be Daredevil, Black Panther, Dr Strange or Captain Marvel.... My DREAM guess would be a story driven X-Men game :p

As long as its third person, not a turn based and the graphics is on par with Spider-Man 2018, then I would play it.

I skipped on Iron Man VR, Telltale GOTG, plenty of Marvel Lego and mobile games. I'm also not interested in Midnight Suns.

Promising news that's its been in development since 2019. So hopefully we'll see something from this in the next year or so.

I wonder which character the game will be about. Punisher needs a new game. Just saiyan.

As I was watching Shang Chi I was thinking “oh this would make a really fun mortal kombat style game”. Maybe too early for that though.

I would love it if Anne made a wolfenstein style Captain America game though. That would simply dominate this generation of gaming

Hopefully it focuses on a single IP than the entire Marvel Universe. I don't know what videogame can Skydance New Media produce..., so I don't think I want Marvel's X-Men to go with that company. So I hope its Marvel's Thor or Marvel's Captain America, as i want to see more of the rogues gallery of those two. And its time to get a proper solo game for Thor and Captain America.

I also noticed the recent Marvel Aaa games is including Marvel's in the title
Marvel's Spider-Man
Marvel's Avengers
Marvel's Iron Man VR
Marvel's Guardians of the GalaXy
Marvel's Wolverine

So this one would probably be the same.

I forgot Amy Henning was behind Uncharted, one of the best games ever made. So I'm very optimistic here. I hope we see something soon.

Marvel’s game output has been amazing as of late. We got Spider-Man in 2018, Ultimate Alliance 3 in 2019, Avengers and Spider-Man MM in 2020, GotG in 2021. Then we get Midnight Suns in 2022, Potentially Spider-Man 2 in 2023, the Wolverine game maybe 2024 and Amy Henning’s game somewhere down the line as well.

Very nice turn around.

I had a bit of a fun idea. What if they made a heroes for hire game? Like instead of just going thorough levels you make money so you can upgrade or even buy better headquarters, skins etc.

I reckon after Netflix that would be the most fun way to use the characters

So Marc Bernardin is involved with writing this, and on this weeks Fatman podcast with Kevin Smith they formally announced his involvement. During the podcast people in the live chat were guessing what it could be and they point out one person flat out nailed it. I didn't watch it live so I didn't see who said what on chat. But I'm so curious as to what this is. Makes me think it's definitely based on a existing marvel character, and not a newly made just for the game like midnight sons.

So Marc Bernardin is involved with writing this, and on this weeks Fatman podcast with Kevin Smith they formally announced his involvement. During the podcast people in the live chat were guessing what it could be and they point out one person flat out nailed it. I didn't watch it live so I didn't see who said what on chat. But I'm so curious as to what this is. Makes me think it's definitely based on a existing marvel character, and not a newly made just for the game like midnight sons.

Damn someone has gotta filter that live chat and give up all the suggestions.

I lowkey tried to go back and look and I couldn't find it. I think it starts around the 40 min mark when they start talking about it. Maybe a little sooner than that. I would love to see what Kev saw in the list.

Please let it be an X-Men game!

However, if it will center on just a solo character I would like a Daredevil, Blade, Punisher or Ghost Rider game

Damn someone has gotta filter that live chat and give up all the suggestions.

Apparently the chat has been narrowed to Fantastic Four and Ant-Man as the main heroes that were being named when Marc Bernadin said someone in the chat had nailed it.

Oh fantastic four would be fun. They could really embrace the more over the top villains and even cross over with the gotg if they felt like it

I had a bit of a fun idea. What if they made a heroes for hire game? Like instead of just going thorough levels you make money so you can upgrade or even buy better headquarters, skins etc.

I reckon after Netflix that would be the most fun way to use the characters
Ha, I really like that idea.

The only thing that has me a little nervous is how they keep throwing around "interactive". Which makes me think of the telltale games. While those are fun I'm not sure which characters fit that bill. But with Janina Gavankar being the first actress to reveal she's on board, I wonder if this could be an interactive Jessica Jones game.

It should be an actionadventure. Telltale games never appealed to me.

Thanks, yeah I reckon if you have the right team you could have a lot of fun with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"