Sequels An idea of what next Superman film needs

I'm not sure how most feel about Man of Steel but I know I was pleased.
I thought for the grand scope of the DC universe , starting post Nolan Batman, being the 1st DC movie to start the DC film world, I though Snyder did an above average job with Man of Steel. And all those who said Superman doesn't kill....um yes he does its proven many times in the comics he will if he has to. I thought showing that took a lot of balls, big shiny ones & Snyder & Cavill did it well.

The team up with Superman & Batman can top the Avengers if done right.

It needs to acknowledge the destruction of the Phantom Zone.
Or whatever you call what happened to it that allowed Zod and his gang to exit after the death of Krypton.

I'll reiterate that the next Superman movie needs to get over the fact that he's an alien and focus on how human he is.

I also hope that the next movie will like Superman, but that's probably not going to happen.

As "bad" as Returns was, the idea of Superman having a son would have been something to build off in a sequel..

Ok, i'll not call it what superman movie 'needs',

i'll just post it here because i can't make a new thread unfortunately and i couldn't find a correct place to plant this.

Something struck me and kept playing with me from the Man of Steel movie;

When Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman enters the 'ice caged' 'scouting ship' that's been supposedly laying there for about 20.000 years, he runs into a couple of PODS.

in one pod, there's a 'mummified' remains of former kryptonian explorers.
however, in one of the other pods, the pod-door is OPEN.

this obviously suggests SOMEBODY escaped/left that pod.

There could be a very big story here, for multiple reasons.

First of all, what happened to the scouting ship? In the MOS story, we find out 'contact was lost' to Krypton, and when ZOD visited outposts, he found nothing but death.

Something that bothers me here, is the reason WHY there is death. They say the've ran out of natural resources. Weird to me, that these 'outposts' did not find a way back to krypton. I can accept being cut-off from krypton being the problem to achieve that, what i do wonder is HOW they got cut-off.

The thing is, i can really only see being cut-off from krypton because krypton was destroyed. But krypton was destroyed close after the birth of Kal-El/Superman/Clark Kent.
Then, Zod was released from their 'control' and went on to seek 'survivors'.

I can not believe all these outposts were dead as fast as after just a couple of years after Krypton was destroyed, so being cut-off MUST have had other cause.

Which, brings us to the obvious point that since the Scout ship that contained a genesis-chamber probably has been cut-off from krypton some 20.000 years before it's destruction.
It could be assumed the same can be said for the other outposts, because the remains were al in a similar shape as the 'mummy' in the pod.

That means something happened 20.000 years ago, right?

Now, the thing that is truly odd, and incomprehensive, is that Zod or whoever it was, stated that these outposts consumed their resources and therefor 'died'.

But, here we have this scouting ship, containing Kryptonian lives, that ended 20.000 years ago. But, Earth, was not 'deplenished' of natural resources. Earth, 20.000 years later is full of life.

What was the reason this scouting ship went to earth? What did it find there 20.000 years ago, and why did they not 'terraform' earth back then?

And, since there were enough resources; how did that ship become 'encaged' in ice? why is there a dead mummy in a pod?

And again, why is one pod left 'vacant' ?

did this craft 'crash'? it could still fly perfectly though, so it cannot have been damaged! it worked perfectly, so, it must have been in fully functioning condition when it got 'iced' 20.000 years ago.

So how did it get iced?

And, above all, WHO was the person in that vacant POD,
and WHAT happened to him/her?
and What did he/she do to Earth? is there a story here? some ancient story?

i think there's a big, big story to be taken out of this open POD.

It's a shame the scounting vessel is destroyed, though.

what do you guys think?

and ps. Imho, wouldn't this deserve it's own thread?

i'll just post it here because i can't make a new thread unfortunately and i couldn't find a correct place to plant this.

When Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman enters the 'ice caged' 'scouting ship' that's been supposedly laying there for about 20.000 years, he runs into a couple of PODS.

First of all, what happened to the scouting ship? In the MOS story, we find out 'contact was lost' to Krypton, and when ZOD visited outposts, he found nothing but death.

Something that bothers me here, is the reason WHY there is death. They say the've ran out of natural resources. Weird to me, that these 'outposts' did not find a way back to krypton. I can accept being cut-off from krypton being the problem to achieve that, what i do wonder is HOW they got cut-off.

The thing is, i can really only see being cut-off from krypton because krypton was destroyed. But krypton was destroyed close after the birth of Kal-El/Superman/Clark Kent.

I can not believe all these outposts were dead as fast as after just a couple of years after Krypton was destroyed, so being cut-off MUST have had other cause.

Which, brings us to the obvious point that since the Scout ship that contained a genesis-chamber probably has been cut-off from krypton some 20.000 years before it's destruction.
It could be assumed the same can be said for the other outposts, because the remains were al in a similar shape as the 'mummy' in the pod.

Now, the thing that is truly odd, and incomprehensive, is that Zod or whoever it was, stated that these outposts consumed their resources and therefor 'died'.

But, here we have this scouting ship, containing Kryptonian lives, that ended 20.000 years ago. But, Earth, was not 'deplenished' of natural resources. Earth, 20.000 years later is full of life.

What was the reason this scouting ship went to earth? What did it find there 20.000 years ago, and why did they not 'terraform' earth back then?

And, since there were enough resources; how did that ship become 'encaged' in ice? why is there a dead mummy in a pod?

did this craft 'crash'? it could still fly perfectly though, so it cannot have been damaged! it worked perfectly, so, it must have been in fully functioning condition when it got 'iced' 20.000 years ago.

So how did it get iced?

what do you guys think?

Yes I do believe you are right.

I think to keep things fresh they could introduce characters like Kara and Steel. We haven't really seen Superman with his 'sidekicks' on film.

Batman-Superman-Annual-1-cv-610x250.jpg

On on the villain side, maybe Lex, Metallo, and Brainiac (ala Morrison's first New 52 arc). Would love to see Steel vs Metallo. And maybe open the movie with Superman taking care of Parasite or something.

Last edited:
I think to keep things fresh they could introduce characters like Kara and Steel. We haven't really seen Superman with his 'sidekicks' on film.

Batman-Superman-Annual-1-cv-610x250.jpg

On on the villain side, maybe Lex, Metallo, and Brainiac (ala Morrison's first New 52 arc). Would love to see Steel vs Metallo. And maybe open the movie with Superman taking care of Parasite or something.

I am kind of tired of Lex. I do like the dynamic tween him & Superman. Its possibly better then the dynamic between Batman/Joker. Its just that we always see Lex and now Zod for Superman, not really getting interesting by branching out to Brainiac or Doomsday

So how did it get iced?

what do you guys think?

In the prequel comic that person was Kara, and the ship was damaged but in the same comic it was revealed that the ship could heal itself. Now why the outposts died is something I would like explored, I'd personally have it so that the budding Kryptonian empire violated universal laws set forth by the Guardians of the Universe by colonizing via extermination worlds with primitive intelligent life on them and started a war with them, and the Guardians sent their Manhunters out to stop them the war took years but it ended with the Kryptonians defeated and exhiled back to their home planet banned from venturing from it for a thousand years. To make sure that they honored this they busted up a lot of their technology but left enough for them to start anew.

I still find it funny looking through these threads where folk describe their perfect Superman movie in 2009-2010 and they describe MOS.

So how did it get iced?

what do you guys think?

If memory servers the open pod you're talking about had something to do with Kara. I think it was like in comic book made for the movie. That open POD was a reference to that. I could be wrong that was a few years ago but i know there was some sort of set up for Kara tied in to Man of Steel some how.

If memory servers the open pod you're talking about had something to do with Kara. I think it was like in comic book made for the movie. That open POD was a reference to that. I could be wrong that was a few years ago but i know there was some sort of set up for Kara tied in to Man of Steel some how.

yes in the prequel comic for MOS, Kara and another kryptonian landed on Earth some 2 thousand years ago. The other guy died but she survived.

I'm glad that WB producer said there will be plenty of flashbacks moving forward. It'll allow this MOS sequel to go back to Clark's childhood and teen years and explore that further. Also happy with how MOS only flashed back to specific, detached, insular little moments from Clark's life meaning there's still a lot to show without it feeling weird and forced since we were only given small glimpses. I'd also like to see some moments from those 18 months he worked at the daily planet before dying. Maybe include a scene where he had to sneak out to save the day and get back before anyone took notice (with the classic shirt rip thing)

I know everyone is clamoring for M. Vaughn to direct and I feel he is a good choice.
If they cant convince him to take on MOS II, my vote would go to Rupert Wyatt, who I thought did a great job with Rise of the POTA.

What it needs is for Superman to be a bumbling yet likable farmboy turned reporter who uses his gifts to assist people in need and does it all with a smile on his face and isn't afraid to crack a joke. He needs to pose for photos with the people he saves and be willing to always fight for what he believes is right.

We also need either Brainiac or Conduit to be the villain in the next film. Both of them have a strong personal connection to Clark to the point where they can't be depicted on Supergirl.

I know everyone is clamoring for M. Vaughn to direct and I feel he is a good choice.
If they cant convince him to take on MOS II, my vote would go to Rupert Wyatt, who I thought did a great job with Rise of the POTA.

Vaughn is still my preferred choice.

Last edited:
Supergirl then is needed in the sequel or at least have her show up in a mid credits or post-credit scene to build up towards her having her own solo film or her showing up in Superman 3

Do you think they could get grant Morrison to write the script? He's working in Hollywood now and I would love to see that. No idea which director could work with him. Aromofsky?

Henry is a great Superman but sadly his Clark Kent needs a little worked on. Clarkhas very dry dull personality resembling his alter ego. He needs to a little clumsy but realistic too. The other thing is there needs to be a new main villain never used such as The Conduit alias Jenny Braverman, a childhood friend of Clark. A side villain should be Bizarro, a experiment created by Lex Corp from BvS but unseen that is created after getting blood when Superman was in the morgue but breaks out to try to become him but encounters Superman thinking he is the clone mistake and falls in love with Lois who feels sorry for him. Played also by Henry with white prosthetics, backward S, darker colors. Not a main villain but to set up for next film. Braniac is awesome but too early. They have made mistakes bringing in powerful characters early like Galactis, doomsday, etc. Put him in 2nd or third after using others such as Metallo, Toyman, etc. In two or three solo movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"