Ancillary Justice

Man in the Suit

We're the Ones Who Live
Reaction score
A couple years ago, I noticed an adaptation of Ann Leckie's Ancillary Justice was added to Jonathan Nolan's WGA page, but it has since been removed. Lucas O'Connor (Person of Interest) and Karrie Crouse (Westworld) were also listed as writers.

And then in 2021, Keira Knightly said she's been cast but the show was never announced:
Keira Knightley interview July 2021 issue Harper's Bazaar - Back to Basics
Now, though, she is deep in research for a new project based on the bestselling sci-fi novel Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie, which is set to start shooting later in the year, pandemic permitting. "It’s about power. The questions within my character are, 'What is the purpose of conquest? What are the motivations to rule?' So I’m reading lots of books about dictators, and fantasising about intergalactic domination while I’m doing the washing-up and changing the baby’s nappy..."
Now here's a recent interview where cinematographer Paul Cameron confirms that it is happening:
Interview With ‘Westworld’ Cinematographer & Director Paul Cameron ASC
I just saw Jonathan and Lisa in New York and Jonathan was directing Fallout, and there are some COVID issues so Lisa jumped in, and I ended up just doing some of the big Volume work that. We’ve actually kind of put together a whole new Volume for Jonathan’s next show, Ancillary Justice. It’s kind of a bit of a ride this last year or so with the changes… But it was hard, I mean, I basically was watching Jonathan shoot with other cinematographers, and I’m so used to shooting for him that I was jealous [laughs]. But I’ll go back and I’ll shoot anything for Jon, and hopefully directing with him more too, because they’re very gracious people.

Read the first book last year, Really interesting stuff. Could be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"