The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you weren't in any AP English courses. lol. I kid. :oldrazz:

Not sure what you mean with the "nerd", "loser" and "weirdo" thing though. Peter, in TASM wasn't any of these things (nor is anyone claiming or calling for such). He was more of a "loner" or "outcast", by choice. He obviously functioned well in social settings, understood social boundaries and norms, was able to form meaningful relationships, etc...that's what this little "debate" going on is about. Whether Peter is or is not "socially awkward" in TASM. The only evidence presented that he was is a bit of ocassional stuttering.

Oh! Okay, my fault :doh:. I thought you where arguing that Andrews potrayal of spider-man wasn't to your liking and that you wanted him to portray the stereotypical nerd. I agree he was more of the loner by choice, which I liked. I thought i saw a post where somebody wanted a stereotypical "nerd".

sorry to get serious for a moment but strong cases of social awkwardness can be put down to a disability like autism which people are stuck with for life, peter doesn't have that, does that mean someone can't be socially awkward unless they have a disability? no course not there are many shy people who lack confidence which can range from very shy to abit shy

but it varies to how much someone is effected by something like social awkwardness, same with like say depression some have it bad and some you wouldn't even believe suffered from it

also like people have phobias of certain things which can range from bad to mild while others look at someones phobia and have no idea why they are scared of it

its not a case of oh you are socially awkward that means you have to have all of these

He wasn't visibly anxious or nervous in social settings.
He didn't display a lack of understanding of social norms.
He didn't act in an inappropriate or distasteful way.
He wasn't awkwardly silent or afraid to speak.
He didn't, as a result of his behaviour, have a lack of meaningful connection with others.

everyone is different, ok i'm done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"