Andrew W.K.

Karelia

RN4L
Reaction score
Does anyone here like Andrew W.K. or am I the only one here who enjoys his music? He's had two big songs back in the early 2000's "Party Hard" and "She Is Beautiful" and a semi-hit "Never Let Down" I saw him on VH1's Greatest Hard Rock Songs (Party Hard was #89... Only reason I was watching it is because I was bad sick and nothing was on..) and heard part of the song and really liked it so I decided to check out his music, and really enjoyed listening to it. His music cheers me up, it's very energetic and I love it. I own "I Get Wet" and "The Wolf" and I've been wanting to check out his solo piano album but haven't got to yet.

He's appeared on Aqua Teen Hungerforce and also has a show on CN called "Destroy Build Destroy" which... isn't that good, if I'm being honest.

Anyone here a fan? I have a feeling no one knows who this guy is anymore, but ah well. :woot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg "Party Hard"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZyhB1-Yb4U "She Is Beautiful"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBwvuSQ6l6o "Never Let Down"

41PS4Y588QL_SL500_AA240_.jpg

Honestly, I never even knew he played music. I just thought he was one of those really bad, and cheap, standups that VH1 hire for there I love the... shows.

I've always liked "Party Hard" & "She Is Beautiful" is also catchy but that is about all I ever liked of his music.

anyone know about all this STEEV MIKE business?

anyone know about all this STEEV MIKE business?
He's said that Steev Mike is a name that many people that have worked with him use because they don't want to be credited or known. A lot of people think that he's Steev Mike, but I don't think so. Theirs also been rumors that theirs two AWK's. I think their was probably someone pretending to be him for a few shows and people thought it was really him because he wasn't allowed to release music in the states for quite a few years, so then a pretender of him was here in the states while the real one was in japan. But that's just my idea.

I really liked "Soldiers of Sorrow (Ai Senshi)" off of the Gundam album. Haven't listened to all the songs, though. :woot:

I listened to his first album a couple years ago and liked it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Steev_Mike
Steev Mike is the name given to any number of entities whom are responsible for creating the image and sound of Andrew W.K. Several people have been claimed to be, or have been accussed of being behind the Steev Mike role, including James "Twig" Harper, James E. Krier, James Pobeiga, Lyor Cohen, Frank Vierti, and Andrew Fetterly.

Steev Mike was originally said to be funded and operated by the Louise Harland Corporation, based in New York City. The creative team at Louise Harland developed the concept of "the ultimate frontman" in the late '90s and moved forward with their first project, "Andrew W.K.", accomplishing mainstream media success with wide cross-over and underground appeal. Louise Harland would soon also come represent the companies R. Jayne and RCU Audio International, both of which have been credited for "Creative Direction & Development", on Andrew W.K. albums and related productions.

In late 2009, the Louise Harland Corporation (LHC) went into heated negotiations with Andrew's management and the owners of the first "Andrew W.K. record label", Skyscraper Music Maker, based in London, England. LHC fought to take control of the label, after Skycraper relased Andrew's 2009 solo piano album, "55 Cadillac" - which was recorded with their involvement - but sold without their permission. The Louise Harland Corporation demanded credit on each future Skyscraper release, among other financial stipulations. As a result, the Skyscraper Music Maker label name was changed to STEEV MIKE.

I'm a huge fan of that raucous party type music, and welcomed his debut album...but was unimpressed. It was lackluster songs, and very one-note. Even Posion had more depth and better songwriting. I understand that he developed a bit of a punk fanbase, but I never followed his career much after that first cd.

"We Want Fun" pretty much summed up my senior year in high school. we used to listen to it almost every day before class started too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"