Angry parents cause Easter Egg hunt to be cancelled

Immortalfire

The Vectorman
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/06/aggressive-parents-derail-georgia-easter-egg-hunt/

MACON, GA. – Another traditional Easter egg hunt has fallen victim to aggressive parents, with event organizers in Macon, Ga., forced to cancel this week amid fears greedy moms and dads would become violent and trample on kids to grab eggs.

Joe Allen, founder of Kids Yule Love which organizes the Central City Park egg hunt, said previous bad behavior meant this year's event had become a liability because "parents caused a situation in which some children got hurt," The (Macon) Telegraph reported.

He said that a woman was hurt and several kids were trampled on at previous hunts as aggressive parents tried to get more eggs for themselves or their children.

"When people get hurt, they want some kind of compensation," Allen added.

It is not the first Easter egg hunt canceled because of pushy parents in the past month.

A free annual event held in Colorado Springs, Colo., was canceled in March because "aggressive" parents previously snatched too many eggs for their children.
Ridiculous.

Sadly, I witnessed something like this first hand. It was the first and last time we took the kids to a big hunt like that. We've just stuck to egg hunts with our families. Folks just don't know how to act.

All this aggression over finding candy filled or boiled eggs? This is amazingly childish on the parents' parts. If I needed candy that much I'd go and buy as much as I could afford at the store, in fact that's exactly what I did. Got myself a nice little Easter basket full of chocolate and marshmellow peeps.

"See what the secular liberal agenda does to family values??"

In all seriousness, some parents spoil events that are supposed to be about their children by making themselves the centers of attention and acting more childish than their children.

These are probably some of the same parents who flip out at sports games.

These are probably some of the same parents who flip out at sports games.

Very likely. My dad was a little league coach a few years back, and one time had some angry mom come to the fence yelling at him

Crazy Mom: You need to do this and that blah blah blah..

Dad: You need to go sit down and shut the hell up.

Remember when Egg hunts where actually hunts, and you had to find the hidden eggs? Now every one that I see just has the eggs lying in an open field and the kids go running for them. Of course that is going to cause fights!

Last edited:
Remember when Egg hunts where actually hunts, and you had to fine the hidden eggs? Now every one that I see just has the eggs lying in an open field and the kids go running for them. Of course that is going to cause fights!

The Hunger Eggs

Never underestimate the power of a mob of stupid, ignorant parents.:whatever:

IthoughtthiswasAmerica.jpg

You just can't go against American traditions.

As a resident of Macon, this isn't surprising in the least. The people down here are the dumbest people you will ever see, and I mean that.

Incredible!!! This is how parents properly teach their kids. NOT!!!!! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"