Anonymous takes down GoDaddy

That is crazy. It's sociopathic to say the least.

That's funny. I love hearing about cyber-hacking on massive scales.

Well it kinda sucks for anyone who's affected by this.

I heard a lot of people have their business sites ****ed up.

So, has Anonymous been upgraded to terrorist status yet or what?

My roommate and I's internet service business does hosting with GoDaddy...

My job's sign in/out page is apparently affected too.

So, has Anonymous been upgraded to terrorist status yet or what?

Here's the thing with Anonymous, they are not a legitimately conglomerated group. Anybody can say they are Anonymous, like these hackers that took GoDaddy offline.

Anon is a neutral group. They did expose an internet child trafficker, who was subsequently arrested. Then there's stuff like this where you have no idea why they bothered with GoDaddy.

"Oh, that's a shame". :o **in Jerry Seinfeld voice & mannerism**

Anon is a neutral group. They did expose an internet child trafficker, who was subsequently arrested. Then there's stuff like this where you have no idea why they bothered with GoDaddy.

Don't forget how the good Anonymous members have saved numerous people from joining or helping people escape the death cult of Scientology.

So they're chaotic neutral. Like the Hulk.

The article says that it is one member of Anonymous and that the organization isn't involved.

I just associate GoDaddy with the most sexist, most cynical and most pandering Superbowl commercials ever ("our ads don't have to be clever, as long as we have breasts!"). So my immediate reaction is "good." They were also backers of SOPA, so I kinda hope they go under. At the least, I have no sympathy.

I just associate GoDaddy with the most sexist, most cynical and most pandering Superbowl commercials ever ("our ads don't have to be clever, as long as we have breasts!"). So my immediate reaction is "good." They were also backers of SOPA, so I kinda hope they go under. At the least, I have no sympathy.

Boobs sell, fact, their add was not more sexist than a booth babe or a F1 "grid girl" ( IMO ).

About GoDabby and SOPA : http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/29/bu...ust-doesnt-support-but-actually-opposes-sopa/

Quote :

The statement is from our newly appointed CEO, who makes it clear, we don’t just ‘not support SOPA,’ Go Daddy OPPOSES SOPA.

It seems that several buiness owners whose sites were hosted by GoDabby lost a day of work which can be veru bad for them.

Anyway, the hackers said he did it to test security ( quotre from http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/10/godaddy-outage-takes-down-millions-of-sites/ ).

why-take-down.png

Anonymous is not a “neutral” group. Yes, they have said they’re “just doing it for the lulz”, but if they actually were, they’d go after anyone and everyone for no reason. But if you look at who they attack (they love hacking companies and government sites they feel are doing wrong) and what they say before/after, you’ll see that they consider themselves “activists”, especially when it comes to internet censorship and what they consider to be slights to consumers and citizens. Unfortunately, the majority of their attacks HURT the ones they’re claiming to help, as this GoDaddy situation shows perfectly.

Anonymous is not a “neutral” group. Yes, they have said they’re “just doing it for the lulz”, but if they actually were, they’d go after anyone and everyone for no reason. But if you look at who they attack (they love hacking companies and government sites they feel are doing wrong) and what they say before/after, you’ll see that they consider themselves “activists”, especially when it comes to internet censorship and what they consider to be slights to consumers and citizens. Unfortunately, the majority of their attacks HURT the ones they’re claiming to help, as this GoDaddy situation shows perfectly.

Usually the response to this from these types of people is, "there is always collateral damage."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"