World Anybody know about this picture ?

betamox

Firey Insignifigance
Reaction score
I have found this picture somewhere and it's one of my favorite Superman pictures i've seen does anyone know the original artist or if there is more to it ?

turchetta-supesspace.jpg

I have found this picture somewhere and it's one of my favorite Superman pictures i've seen does anyone know the original artist or if there is more to it ?

turchetta-supesspace.jpg
I've seen this picture along with others by the same artist everywhere from school supplies, mechandising artwork, I don't know the artist since Warner Bros. keeps mum about it but I believe these are style guides much like the old DC style guides done by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez.

Here's the same artwork on a set of stickers

Superman-sticker.jpg

To my trained, long-time comic reading eyes, that is indeed the art of Garcia-Lopez, though it looks like someone tried to "simplify" it a little (failing in the process)

It could just be one of the advertising artists in the WB stable who was told to copy the Garcia-Lopez look. Though two of those stickers are definitely straight from Superman comics drawn by Ed McGuinness.

\S/

To my trained, long-time comic reading eyes, that is indeed the art of Garcia-Lopez, though it looks like someone tried to "simplify" it a little (failing in the process)

It could just be one of the advertising artists in the WB stable who was told to copy the Garcia-Lopez look. Though two of those stickers are definitely straight from Superman comics drawn by Ed McGuinness.

\S/

You sound like you're right on target with both of those artist identifications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"