Anyone else a fan of Jean Giraud "Moebius"?

I know of him, but I've never actually read anything by him. What would you recommend?

every time I hear his name, I have to think of that scene form Crimson Tide :D

Elijya said:
I know of him, but I've never actually read anything by him. What would you recommend?

every time I hear his name, I have to think of that scene form Crimson Tide :D

The Airtight Garage is probably his best. What scene from Crimson tide?

- Whirly

ok, the scene: Denzel Washington is the second in command on a submarine. While in the mess hall, he sees two marines get into a scuffle, then break off, he follows one of them into the hall to ask what the fight was about

Hunter: Rivetti, what's up?
Rivetti: I'm sorry, Sir. It's just a difference of opinion that got out of hand.
Hunter: What about?
Rivetti: It's really too silly to talk about, Sir. I'd really just forget about---.
Hunter: I don't give a damn about what you'd rather forget about. Why were you two fighting?
Rivetti: I said, the Kirby Silver Surfer was the only real Silver Surfer. And that the Moebius Silver Surfer was ****. And Bennefield's a big Moebius fan. And it got of hand. I pushed him. He pushed me. I lost my head, Sir. I'm Sorry.
Hunter: Rivetti, you're a supervisor. You can get a commission like that. (Snaps finger)
Rivetti: I know, Sir. You're 100 percent right. It will never happen again.
Hunter: It better not happen again. If I see this kind of nonsense again, I'm going to write you up. You understand?
Rivetti: (No answer)
Hunter: Do you understand?
Rivetti: Yes, Sir.
Hunter: You have to set an example even in the face of stupidity. Everybody who reads comic books knows that the Kirby Silver Surfer is the only true Silver Surfer. Now am I right or wrong?
Rivetti: You're right, Sir.
Hunter: Now get out of here.

Elijya said:
ok, the scene: Denzel Washington is the second in command on a submarine. While in the mess hall, he sees two marines get into a scuffle, then break off, he follows one of them into the hall to ask what the fight was about

Hunter: Rivetti, what's up?
Rivetti: I'm sorry, Sir. It's just a difference of opinion that got out of hand.
Hunter: What about?
Rivetti: It's really too silly to talk about, Sir. I'd really just forget about---.
Hunter: I don't give a damn about what you'd rather forget about. Why were you two fighting?
Rivetti: I said, the Kirby Silver Surfer was the only real Silver Surfer. And that the Moebius Silver Surfer was ****. And Bennefield's a big Moebius fan. And it got of hand. I pushed him. He pushed me. I lost my head, Sir. I'm Sorry.
Hunter: Rivetti, you're a supervisor. You can get a commission like that. (Snaps finger)
Rivetti: I know, Sir. You're 100 percent right. It will never happen again.
Hunter: It better not happen again. If I see this kind of nonsense again, I'm going to write you up. You understand?
Rivetti: (No answer)
Hunter: Do you understand?
Hunter: You have to set an example even in the face of stupidity. Everybody who reads comic books knows that the Kirby Silver Surfer is the only true Silver Surfer. Now am I right or wrong?
Rivetti: You're right, Sir.
Hunter: Now get out of here.

I have seen Crimson tide and missed all of that! I will have to buy it just to watch again.

- Whirly

OK. Average Marvel fans have to give the King his dues. But Mobius, as an artist, is very talented. He does deserve some praise.

I like Blueberry comics. Giraud and Neil Gaiman are the only big comics names that I've met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"