Anyone else ticked that all their favourite Marvel characters are getting replaced?

marvel is trying to rock the boat and change things up. some folks are ready for change, some folks aren't.

Great Rao... did someone use the term "watered down Hitler" to describe this situation? Fans... GET A GRIP.

At the end of the day, it's a business

July numbers were down as well for Marvel.

Long time fans have moved on and away from all this "PC horsecrap" and it has to be only a matter of time before they flinch and stop this insanity. Or at least try to recapture what made Marvel great in the first place. They can't keep going on like this unless they have a pass right from the top of Disney that it's OK to lose money in order to promote false diversity issues.

False diversity? That's hilarious. Perhaps the lack of sales at Marvel have nothing to do with their progressive characterizations. Maybe it's because the majority of their flagship books and events have been rather craptacular.

July numbers were down as well for Marvel.

Long time fans have moved on and away from all this "PC horsecrap" and it has to be only a matter of time before they flinch and stop this insanity. Or at least try to recapture what made Marvel great in the first place. They can't keep going on like this unless they have a pass right from the top of Disney that it's OK to lose money in order to promote false diversity issues.

Can you please stop trying to equate Marvel's management issues with your anti-diversity agenda. It's become very clear that what you consider "made Marvel great" was white, straight, Republican, male heroes. Thankfully, we're never going back to that world.

The rest of us will discuss the real problems with Marvel that are leading to them getting outshined by DC in sales, namely haphazard editing, indefensible over-pricing, poor quality control on flagship titles, and an over-reliance on selling the "next big thing" rather than relying on good storytelling. Not to mention the problem of fans who don't support attempts to raise up new characters and innovative stories to promote "real diversity".

I'm not huge on replacement characters, but I'm all for raising up new ones
but yeah, until Marvel gets back to writing some decent stories, it's all moot anyway

I'm not huge on replacement characters, but I'm all for raising up new ones
but yeah, until Marvel gets back to writing some decent stories, it's all moot anyway

Exactly. Unfortuantely, far too many people who complain about the flawed program of diverse legacies either don't bother to support attempts at "true diversity" or aggressively attack all forms of "PC culture" intruding on "their heroes" like a certain above poster. It's great to know most of the people here a civil and open-minded like yourself. We can all agree Marvel has some serious problems to work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"