Anyone going to dare customizing Leader class Megatron?

Discussion in 'Products' started by Timstuff, Jun 14, 2007.

1. da3dl3us Wandering Samurai

wow dude, you're good.

Customize a leader prime!!

2. Timstuff Registered

Leader Prime looks good enough already IMO. He doesn't need my help. :p

Then again, he would look good with his "truck mode" parts painted chrome rather than being gray plastic... But I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Right now I'm going to keep my attention on getting another Megatron re-painted so I can sell it on eBay to another happy client. Then, I still need to do one more for myself.

3. Timstuff Registered

Dangit, I AM gonna customize optimus. Granted, it won't be as big a project as Megatron, but there's still enough room for improvement that it'll be worth it. Let me point out some things I'll be changing.

[​IMG]

See those two gray squares on the hood of OP's nose? Those are going BYE-BYE! Also, I'm going to paint all of the gray that's visible in truck mode chrome.

[​IMG]

Robot mode look good, but I'm going to use black wash on his legs and several other gray areas to bring out more detail. The key to success here however, will be to only use wash on parts that will be visible only in robot mode, and to only use chrome on the parts that you'll see in truck mode.

And lastly, I'm going to replace that yellow LED in OP's head with a blue one!

4. da3dl3us Wandering Samurai

That's cool Tim,

Hey, how do you chrome up stuff? I have a 20th anniv. DVD prime, with the gray plastic grill and exhaust. It would be cool to custom chrome those up. How hard is it and what do I need to do that?

5. Timstuff Registered

Well, it depends on what you want. When I refer to the "chrome" that I use, it's not the kind that has a high-gloss mirror-like reflectiveness to it. Mine simply "chrome colored" metallic paint. There are do-it-yourself chrome finishing methods out there that do offer a true reflective surface, but I haven't really researched them much.

6. Timstuff Registered

Well, here's a snapshot of some primed parts for my next custom Megatron.

[​IMG]