• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mystery/Thriller Apple TV+ ‘Presumed Innocent’ | Jake Gyllenhaal

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score

Presumed Innocent is an eight-part limited series starring and executive produced by Jake Gyllenhaal, hailing from David E. Kelley and executive producer J.J. Abrams. The star-studded ensemble cast also includes Ruth Negga, Bill Camp, O-T Fagbenle, Chase Infiniti, Nana Mensah, Renate Reinsve, Peter Sarsgaard, Kingston Rumi Southwick and Elizabeth Marvel.

Based on The New York Times bestselling novel of the same name by Scott Turow, the gripping series takes viewers on a journey through the horrific murder that upends the Chicago Prosecuting Attorneys' office when chief deputy prosecutor Rusty Sabich (played by Gyllenhaal) is suspected of the crime. The series explores obsession, sex, politics, and the power and limits of love, as the accused fights to hold his family and marriage together.

Whoops, meant to post in the series thread.

I don’t know. This reminds me of that Fatal Attraction series. Kind of come and gone, it’s hard to compete with an iconic movie. More time doesn’t necessarily mean better.

I don’t know. This reminds me of that Fatal Attraction series. Kind of come and gone, it’s hard to compete with an iconic movie. More time doesn’t necessarily mean better.
I haven't seen the show, but why does it remind you of the movie? It looks like a different turn in the plot.

A mod should probably move this to the television forum

I haven't seen the show, but why does it remind you of the movie? It looks like a different turn in the plot.

I meant more of expanding something thriller like into a series that worked great in 2 hours. I feel this will just hurt the story as it did that show.

Look, I could be wrong but already that trailer feels like it should just be a movie than stretching it out for every character. It kind of loses something for me.

I meant more of expanding something thriller like into a series that worked great in 2 hours. I feel this will just hurt the story as it did that show.

Look, I could be wrong but already that trailer feels like it should just be a movie than stretching it out for every character. It kind of loses something for me.
I actually didn't know the film with Harrison Ford is based on the same novel. But I saw that the book is 450 pages or something so I don't mind a miniseries personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"