Appleseed: Deus Ex Machina

TheVileOne

Eternal
Reaction score
Trailer for the second Appleseed movie is finally here. FYI, the movie has a new distributor and English DUB producer from the first one.

The first movie was produced by the now defunct distributor, Geneon. Animaze did the English dub. The new English dub has new voice actors and was recorded by ADV.

Warner Bros. Home Video is distributing the sequel.

Here's the trailer on ign.com:

http://anime.ign.com/articles/834/834615p1.html

Well you can certainly see the John Woo influence as he came on as a producer after becoming a big fan of the first movie. The movie looks a lot more dramatic, deeper, and epic than the first one, which was sort of a mixed bag for me. And I'm a nut for the Shirow manga.

Unfortunately it looks like the movie still won't have the playful and humorous side of the Deunan/Briareos relationship. This is what I liked the most about the manga. Deunan and Briareos were this weird, hot couple.

Trailer for the second Appleseed movie is finally here. FYI, the movie has a new distributor and English DUB producer from the first one.

The first movie was produced by the now defunct distributor, Geneon. Animaze did the English dub. The new English dub has new voice actors and was recorded by ADV.

Warner Bros. Home Video is distributing the sequel.

Here's the trailer on ign.com:

http://anime.ign.com/articles/834/834615p1.html

Well you can certainly see the John Woo influence as he came on as a producer after becoming a big fan of the first movie. The movie looks a lot more dramatic, deeper, and epic than the first one, which was sort of a mixed bag for me. And I'm a nut for the Shirow manga.

Unfortunately it looks like the movie still won't have the playful and humorous side of the Deunan/Briareos relationship. This is what I liked the most about the manga. Deunan and Briareos were this weird, hot couple.

Looks kick ass thanks for posting it.

Glad to see it's getting a sequel. I really liked the first.

Not really a sequel. Anime Insider is essentially saying the movie is its own thing. Not really a sequel or reboot. I guess kind of like how the 2004 movie and the 1988 OVA were separate.

http://anime.ign.com/articles/842/842406p1.html

Second US trailer. DVD is due out 3/11/2008 in the US. WB is releasing it on HD, NOT Blu-Ray.

It looks like a big improvement over the first movie, but I hope its more like the manga. First movie was lacking. What I miss is the humor and dynamic of the Briareos/Deunan pairing in the manga.

In the manga, it was said by Shirow in the manga that Briareos was a black African, or of African descent. His pre-accident drawing looks like he is probably of mixed race since Briareo's father looked caucasian (this was in the Shirow Appleseed databook).

In the new movie, since Tereus is a bioroid clone of Bri's human DNA, he looks to be of Japanese or Asian descent.

I do like the sound of Bri's new English VA. He sounds younger, but still hardened. I liked Bri's voice in the 04 movie, which was an improvement over the OVA voice, but it still sounded a little too old. Bri should have a slightly more youthful voice that doesn't sound like he's in his 40's.

DVD was released yesterday.I haven't picked it up yet tho :(
Its also available for viewing if you have Charter On Demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"