Apprently New Line doesn't care what we Blade fans think.....

hk_spyke said:
yeah he makes it sound like Blade would die

I never got that impression even on my first viewing.

Bishop2 said:
I never got that impression even on my first viewing.

well i heard that Blade might die in that one so when he said "end with Blade" i thought that Dracula and Blade would kill each other. which they kinda set it up with saying that Morringstar might kill him too. having Blade kill all the Vampires but himself too would have been a good way to end the movies. IMO

Here's the fact:

The franchise peaked with Blade 2. Everything after that is downhill. This TV series is bombing. It won't make it past the first season.

hk_spyke said:
well i heard that Blade might die in that one so when he said "end with Blade" i thought that Dracula and Blade would kill each other. which they kinda set it up with saying that Morringstar might kill him too. having Blade kill all the Vampires but himself too would have been a good way to end the movies. IMO

Im surprised he didnt die. Then we would be on the third Night Stalkers Movie by now

Goyer had the nerve to say that if a Blade 4 'is' made, it would probably be about the Night Stalkers hunting Blade, seeing as how he didn't really die. In the deleted scenes there's a scene where Blade wakes up on the autopsy table and attacks, and sopposedly, kills everyone. So in Blade 4, Blade would be on a rampage-which is pretty inconsistant with the theatrical ending were Dracula gives Blade 'a parting gift'. Goyer is basically talking out of his ass...again!

But yeah, having Blade die in Trinity along with all the Vamps via the Daystar virus would have been a good way to end the franchise......if the movie itself had actually turned out good.:o

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
Goyer had the nerve to say that if a Blade 4 'is' made, it would probably be about the Night Stalkers hunting Blade, seeing as how he didn't really die. In the deleted scenes there's a scene where Blade wakes up on the autopsy table and attacks, and sopposedly, kills everyone. So in Blade 4, Blade would be on a rampage-which is pretty inconsistant with the theatrical ending were Dracula gives Blade 'a parting gift'. Goyer is basically talking out of his ass...again!

But yeah, having Blade die in Trinity along with all the Vamps via the Daystar virus would have been a good way to end the franchise......if the movie itself had actually turned out good.:o

The movie was ok. Just the drac they had was so lame. I hated em. He wasnt even a threat. If they would have had a more menacing villian, it would have been better.

There's no doubt that the Drake/Dracula villain needed to be more menacing but I did like the climatic fight.

I guess I'm in the minority but I like Blade Trinity far more then that gore fest Blade 2. Trinity had some plot holes but I liked the tone of the movie and I really did love Reynolds and Biel. I guess I enjoy action/adventure more then horror and Blade Trinity offered more fighting and less gore. Still, the Nightstalkers could never carry their own movie. Keep them a part of the Blade family.

TheVileOne said:
Here's the fact:

The franchise peaked with Blade 2. Everything after that is downhill. This TV series is bombing. It won't make it past the first season.

That's actually not a fact at all. Quite the opposite. Firstly, because it's your OPINION. Secondly, because Spike's getting huge ratings out of this thing.

However, I'm betting that just like the Mortal Kombat series, big ratings won't actually translate into a second season simply due to the expense of making the show.

Bishop2 said:
That's actually not a fact at all. Quite the opposite. Firstly, because it's your OPINION. Secondly, because Spike's getting huge ratings out of this thing.

However, I'm betting that just like the Mortal Kombat series, big ratings won't actually translate into a second season simply due to the expense of making the show.

Mortal Kombat was a syndicated show, Blade has a network to support it, there's a big difference there. Blade is in primetime, while Mortal Kombat playing during the day over the weekend, another big diffence. Also I doubt that Spike was expecting huge ratings, the ratings they're getting are probably above expectations. I can see Blade lasting a few seasons because it's gonna be given a chance to grow, I'm glad Spike picked it up because it really could have been another syndicated show disaster.

Bishop2 said:

It is fact. Blade 1 was a sleeper hit. Blade 2 more than doubled the opening of Blade 1 in it's first week at the B.O and Trinity barely struggled to make back it's budget at the B.O, thanks to bad word of month, a ****ty advertising campaign and a pathetic choice for the month in which it was released ......

I agree that Trinity sucked and the TV series isn't much better, but the series is indeed getting huge ratings. Whether they stay that way will determine whether it'll have a second season, but right now it looks like it's got a pretty good chance.

It is fact. Blade 1 was a sleeper hit. Blade 2 more than doubled the opening of Blade 1 in it's first week at the B.O and Trinity barely struggled to make back it's budget at the B.O, thanks to bad word of month, a ****ty advertising campaign and a pathetic choice for the month in which it was released ......

So your argument is that box office somehow proves quality?

I guess Titanic is the best movie ever made.

Bishop2 said:
So your argument is that box office somehow proves quality?

I guess Titanic is the best movie ever made.

Oh, i agree with you that large a B.O doesn't equal a great quality movie) X3 comes to mind), or Vice Versa. But i'd rather sit through Jack and Rose's ridiculously sappy love story on Titanic anyday, that have to sit through numerous viewings of Ryan Reynolds jokes (if yu can even call them that) or Jessica Biel 'playing' tough. And dont get me started on Dracula...the absolutely worst incarnation of dracula in cinema history. Even Eddie Murphys Dracula in Vampire in Brooklyn was way better than Dominic Purcell's Drac.

Word of mouth killed Trinity. Word of mouth gave life to both Blade 1 and 2 is my point....

Oh, i agree with you that large a B.O doesn't equal a great quality movie) X3 comes to mind), or Vice Versa. But i'd rather sit through Jack and Rose's ridiculously sappy love story on Titanic anyday, that have to sit through numerous viewings of Ryan Reynolds jokes (if yu can even call them that) or Jessica Biel 'playing' tough. And dont get me started on Dracula...the absolutely worst incarnation of dracula in cinema history. Even Eddie Murphys Dracula in Vampire in Brooklyn was way better than Dominic Purcell's Drac.

Word of mouth killed Trinity. Word of mouth gave life to both Blade 1 and 2 is my point....

Are you still whining about this?? What's it been, two years of whining? You should build a cellar for all that whine.

The Blade TV series cost a ton of money. They were expecting big ratings or else they wouldn't have hyped more than they have every other TV show on their channel.

The series is under-performing in the ratings right now along with new shows like The Dudesons and Raising The Roofs also in primetime.

imago said:
Are you still whining about this?? What's it been, two years of whining? You should build a cellar for all that whine.
Because such an atrocity is whine worthy, you *****ebag.

Yup. This is NOT a cheap show. Spike TV was hoping for WWE type ratings.

How much does it cost per episode? Last time I checked, Stargate SG-1 had a budget of something like $1.4 million per episode, and it was considered healthy with ratings around the 2.0 mark, which is less than what Blade's premiere got. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"