Arrow's Stephen Amell to Headline 8-Episode Wrestling Drama 'Heels' at Starz

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Arrow's Stephen Amell to Headline 8-Episode Wrestling Drama Heels at Starz

Set in a close-knit Georgia community, Heels follows a family-owned wrestling promotion as two brothers and rivals war over their late father’s legacy. In the ring, somebody must play the good guy and somebody must play their nemesis, the heel. But in the real world, those characters can be hard to live up to (and just as hard to leave behind).

Amell will star as Jack, the charismatic villain — or heel — of the Duffy Wrestling Association. Outside the ring, he’s its hard-working owner, a husband and father trying to make ends meet while fighting to realize his impossible dreams. He has the mind of an artist in the body of a warrior, and a Steve Jobs-ian need for perfection — and for control. He says he’ll do whatever it takes to build the DWA into an empire.

I hope it’s successful for him.

This sounds good but I’ll admit, when I heard that Amell was in a show called “Heels,” I was hoping that it would be about him playing a drag queen.

Ok. Doesn’t look bad and I’m hoping this show is successful for Stephen Amell. Has a Friday Night Lights vibe only with wrestling.

Surprisingly enjoyed the 1st episode, left me wanting more.

Watched the first episode and was pretty bored.

I enjoyed it, my only issue is wondering what era is it trying to take place in and is it suppose to be this reality? They have internet and I think they mentioned Wrestlemania or Flair, Dusty Rhodes. Yet they seem to dismiss the valet wrestling ability but if they have internet that means the Attitude Era would have happen so women wrestlers were pretty big at that time like Trish Stratus and Lita. I know they live in a backwoods kind of era in Duffy but it gets a bit confusing on some of the drama.

I am really enjoying this so far, especially the dark, dysfunctional family drama. It reminds me alot of Kingdom which was a heavily underrated show about the world of MMA.

Is the Viking brother supposed to be remotely likeable? Have any redeeming qualities?

Show just ended, I liked it. The way it ended makes it seem like Season 2 is guaranteed they have a lot to still tell.

Well he was pampered his whole life in a small town, so he will come off unlikable knowing he always got his way.

You can be a spoiled brat and still have redeeming qualities or be likable. He has neither.

Google searches brought up postings that season 2 was suppose to be out on 10/9 but that didn't happen. Really doubt they would start the show with no season 2 trailer being dropped.

Watched the reruns that Starz was airing this week and I am caught up for tonight. This is a really good show and I love the family element mixed in with the wrestling aspect. The show is well cast and interesting. I really liked how they ended season 1 and the developments they set up for the new season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"