Australian Wii news... Preorders stronger than PS3 an d PS3 release next year???

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
A litle bit of news. First Toys R Us are reporting that Wii preorders are far outnumbering PS3 preorders.

http://www.news4gamers.com/wii/News-6534.aspx

Secondly, the PS3 might not make the world wide release in Australia (what else is new). Pre orders have been put on hold and advertising has been removed from stores. This could be a sign that an Australian PS3 release is further away.

If true that leaves Wii open for a huge assault in Australia.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=4468

You guys are lucky Wii is not up for Pre Order in the U.S. yet :o

Both Nintendo and SONY test the waters in Australia with Marketing. Selling a product here will affect selling a product in the states and Europe... A big reason why we get alot of obscure japanese titles well before you guys do.

Inetersting find. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

But I wonder why the realease of the PS3 is being delayed.

i think they still have problems with the cell processor thingies and the percentage yields stuff.

Mentok said:
Both Nintendo and SONY test the waters in Australia with Marketing. Selling a product here will affect selling a product in the states and Europe... A big reason why we get alot of obscure japanese titles well before you guys do.
Oh so that explains things such as Nintendo of Australia.I never really understood that till now.

TheGrayGhost said:
Inetersting find. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

But I wonder why the realease of the PS3 is being delayed.

Limited stock is my guess. They will need to fill the more important markets first. Its kind of silly though. A launch in Australia and New Zealand would see the need for about 50 thousand consoles... Thats not a huge slice out of the total number they will ship.

It like the U.S. will get screwed over in terms of the PS3 if they are mainly worried about Australia

d2e1b94423ae012b706c3b986290e6e4.gif

Batattack said:
Wii will own. :o

Wii will rock you? Fixed. Well that is good news for Nintendo it seems. We'll see what happens.

Mentok said:

I always thought it was b/c Australia was cooler, but that reason makes more sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"