• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Backlash after "racist" Stephen Colbert tweet

It clearly shows she's misguided, which hurts any forms of 'revolution'. She has no support.

In one of the articles, I laughed out loud at one of the comments:

Instead of (again) analyzing her politics, I will add a personal comment. Suey Park is a fast talker (see her Salon Interview).

And fast talkers are the scum of the earth. They think they can outpace their counterpart's though processes, thus winning the argument by default, by just talking faster. Which I find revolting, disingenious, asocial. Especiallay given how often they manage to pull that off.

Suey Park is the political quivalent of a fast talking car salesman. Ick.

I've seen him in interviews out of character, he's very sharp, and pretty funny.

Not that I find Letterman funny. Or particularly sharp (though he's certainly not a dummy). And to be fair, he's hardly in his prime now.

Colbert would have to be sharp to run interviews being a character so different from himself. :cwink:

Not sure if America is ready for the change, though. I bet a lot of people still don't understand his brand of satire on the Report but maybe they wouldn't really know about the Report to begin with.

Colbert's character on The Colbert Report is like a wrestling version of himself if he was a heel/bad guy.

This is why you were an idiot if you ever took Suey Park seriously. I checked out her twitter today, and pretty much every other tweet is dripping with racism. There are ways to advocate for equality in society without tweets like this (only from a day ago):

https://twitter.com/suey_park/status/528348667070390272

#StopWhitePeople2014

Now replace the adjective "White" with another race. Imagine the outrage. Sadly, this is only one tweet of many.

This is why you were an idiot if you ever took Suey Park seriously. I checked out her twitter today, and pretty much every other tweet is dripping with racism. There are ways to advocate for equality in society without tweets like this (only from a day ago):

#StopWhitePeople2014

Now replace the adjective "White" with another race. Imagine the outrage. Sadly, this is only one tweet of many.

Unfortunately this whole "white privilege" thing is extremely trendy right now, and if any whites respond to it the invariable retort will be "Look how they protect their white privilege when someone points it out".

At the moment, any crime, transgression or perceived negative behaviour from a white person is intrinsically linked to them being white. Try pointing out people from all races are guilty of bad behaviour and the response will be "Well if white people can do it, why can't everyone?". This will probably be in vogue for a while, and whites are going to be on the receiving end of vitriol, complaining is pointless because it'll just be labelled as defending or perpetuating "white dominance".

The sad part for me about people like this lady who voice those opinions is it tends to result in racist comments from whites which then superficially proves her point, she knows making those comments will bait people into responding in a way that lends false credibility to her "views".

Racism is racism. Unless it's against white people then it's okay.

Suey Park is as racist as anyone. Plus her taking Colbert seriously shows she's also an idiot.

Who on earth takes people like her seriously?

#StopWhitePeople2014

As a fellow Asian woman, I can do nothing but :doh: :doh: :doh: Her brand of combativeness only angers people, it doesn't bring about change. It's very much "us against them" but ya know, we have to work with "them" to actually get s*** done. YOU'RE NOT HELPING, LADY.

But I'm sure she'd accuse me of being brainwashed since i'm married to a white man. :halo: Even though he treats me better than any man ever has.

Something akin to what people think societal white privilege does exist, but it exists as what she's actually using - people sticking to their tribe. The only way to break out of that is to stop treating people like tribes and like PEOPLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"