Gotham Barbara Kean is Harley Quinn's mother theory

tnekkralc

Civilian
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but realized it probably needed it's own so here we go:

I have a theory that Barbara is going to give birth to a daughter sometime in the series but it's going to end up being Harley Quinn. Given that this incarnation of Barbara is mentally unstable it would give a reason for her hypothetical daughter to be fascinated with psychiatry. Ultimately she would follow the same path as her mother and descend into madness through abuse and manipulation of a psychopath (Barbara - The Ogre, HQ - The Joker).

Thoughts?

that's possible.

or Barbara herself becomes Harley and in a role reversal, she influences Jerome's Joker.

Barbara shouldbe gordon's wife, but she looks like Harley. dafuq? really weird.

Someone on Facebook thought Barbara having her own henchman fighting for her was like Marcia Queen of Diamonds to them. I guess instead of marrying Batman this one is trying to marry Gordon?

I posted this in another thread but realized it probably needed it's own so here we go:

I have a theory that Barbara is going to give birth to a daughter sometime in the series but it's going to end up being Harley Quinn. Given that this incarnation of Barbara is mentally unstable it would give a reason for her hypothetical daughter to be fascinated with psychiatry. Ultimately she would follow the same path as her mother and descend into madness through abuse and manipulation of a psychopath (Barbara - The Ogre, HQ - The Joker).

Thoughts?

Wouldn't think so. She'd have to get pregnant and have a baby. For what reason so that the audience can say gosh baby will grow up to be harley quinn? All that effort for almost zero payoff.

We are only in season 2 she has a few years to have a redemption arc and get back with gordon. At the moment she is at her bottom.

I think it's more likely she's the Mother of James Gordon, Jr.

It would be interesting if Barbra has Harley with some other character, but kills him and gives her up for adoption. Eventually, she gets back with Jim (or uses him) and have Jim jr. It's pretty twisted, but it would work in a show like this.

Why would Jim ever name his future daughter barbara?

I like this theory.

As far as Gordon, in the comics isn't Barbara technically his niece?

The ages won't match up, so no, she's not Harley's mom.

I mentioned in another thread a week or so ago that I thought Barbara would become Harley Quinn. Seeing the episode on Oct. 5 made me even more certain about it. Because there was a scene where she's on the stage, during the magic act, and she hits someone on the head with a hammer. It was a gavel-type thing, like something Harley Quinn carries around sometimes.

Whether or not Barbara actually does become Harley Quinn, I do think that hammer was a reference to the character.

I also think that Erin Richards is good casting for the role of HQ.

I mentioned in another thread a week or so ago that I thought Barbara would become Harley Quinn. Seeing the episode on Oct. 5 made me even more certain about it. Because there was a scene where she's on the stage, during the magic act, and she hits someone on the head with a hammer. It was a gavel-type thing, like something Harley Quinn carries around sometimes.

Whether or not Barbara actually does become Harley Quinn, I do think that hammer was a reference to the character.

I also think that Erin Richards is good casting for the role of HQ.

As to Barb becoming HQ, that too Is shot down because of the age thing, she's simply too old.

Why would Jim ever name his future daughter barbara?
Barbra Gordan the one we know was originally his niece(the side is foggy these days) which both he and his wife adopted and they had as son after words with this it's all out the window. it not likely he want her if she has the same name or is from his ex fiance's side the writers of the tv side don't care for relation in the comic's and were likely have broken them up if they were comic book form it seems it's another reality set too different now so don't bother expecting Barbra Gordan ever showing up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"