The Dark Knight Batcycle

ihavecomputer

andmodem.
Reaction score
As I'm sure you've seen, BOF is reporting the following:

* The Bat-cycle WILL be in the film, and will look similar to the Tumbler style-wise. They have build ten of these for various purposes.
* They are planning on having the Bat-cycle "emerge" from the Tumbler. The use of CGI may be incorporated to make it happen.

This seems to go contrary to what we've heard -- as in the cycle being an alternate form of transportation once the tumbler gets destroyed. Also, if the cycle were actually a part of the tumbler, wouldn't Fox have mentioned it in BB?

I, for one, am hoping that neither of the above are true. Since hearing the first rumors re: the Bat-cycle I've been fantasizing about a "Year 100" type dirtbike-style slim machine (that folds into itself and hangs from the ceiling like a bat).

Your thoughts?

Wouldn´t necessarily be mentioned in BB since he´s probably made several modifications to the Tumber in TDK along with all of his other gear

af_batmanbegins1_batcycle.jpg

http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/af_batman_begins.html

I'm kind of ambivalent towards the bat cycle. While the idea seems laughable I think it can work if done correctly. For example, the idea of a man dressing up as a bat and fighting crime seems ridiculous but as shown can be an engaging concept if executed the right way.

XGRAScavA15.jpg

^ The bike better be fully enclosed, or it won't be worth spit

any pics of the Year100 bike?

since we know that nolan will film like BB everything on the real street we cna expect some pics when they come back in chicago.

Not a fan of the cycle, but if it's designed right and is either fully enclosed or mostly enclosed, I'll be fine with it.

Not a fan of the cycle, but if it's designed right and is either fully enclosed or mostly enclosed

X-Box_105.jpg

Mostly enclosed. Looks better than a normal bike but still it's more mysterious and threatening if you can't see the rider at all.

Thanks for posting the scan ElKnightoDarkjo.

still not a big fan of the bike, unless he uses it to escape the tumbler as it Explodes.

I'm not a big fan of the batcycle.

But it could be intensely awesome. :huh:

Motorcycle chases are always cool than car chases for some reason.

Look at MI:2

Hence, I'm expecting badassery.

I'm liking this idea, aslong as it is done with style and not over the top.

Thanks for posting the scan ElKnightoDarkjo.

No problem man.

I think this is a great idea, the bike will allow Batman to do stuff he can't normally do with his car. And as Meatbag said above, it'll make for some cool chases!

I bet there'll be some bikie dude wandering in a back alley, and he says 'nice wheels!' and everyone laffs

as the bike rears up and crushes a national guard humvee gordon goes "yep, i've got to get me one of those too."

Does anyone think this is going to be the Terminator 2 of Nolan's Batman franchise, what with all the reports of a motorcycle chase, large vehicles being used by the villian, and cars and other **** blowing up real good.

No problem man.

I think this is a great idea, the bike will allow Batman to do stuff he can't normally do with his car. And as Meatbag said above, it'll make for some cool chases!
what is that?

I'm fine with Batman using a motorcycle, but the idea of him having one that detatches from the Batmobile looks like Stilton, smells like Roquefort, and tastes like poo.

I'm visualizing that the cockpit becomes the cycle and seperates from the tumbler. This could work well on screen, especially if the situation calls for the quick change of vehicle. My only concern is that it sounds similar to the batmobile becoming the bat-missle (Returns) and the batwing becoming the bat-sub (Forever).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"