• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman Beyond: Terry's brother

Jordacar

The Endless One
Reaction score
Okay, we all know that the season finale of JLU revealed that Terry McGuinness was actually Bruce's genetic son, due to a procedure of Amanda Waller's that overwrote Terry's dad's genetic material. Something just occured to me: is Terry's little brother Matt also Bruce's son? Was the DNA overwriting a one-time thing or did it continue?

He could be. I notice he also doesn't share any of his parents looks like Terry does.

I honestly thought the Bruce as Terry's dad thing was pretty stupid.

I Miss JLU and BB....and I really hope they out Zeta on DVD.....Sad as that is.

I honestly thought the Bruce as Terry's dad thing was pretty stupid.

yeah, I wasn't a big fan of that either.:csad:

still it was better than the Catwoman tie-in they originally planned.

What Catwoman tie-in?

They were originally going to have Selina Kyle show up as the mastermind behind the creation of the new Batman, and it would've played more on the Boys of Brazil aspect with various other cloned potential Batman.

“This version of Selina had, at some point in the past, ‘seen the light,’ after years of Batman nagging her to use her talents to help people instead of just helping herself. She eventually realized he was right, but with ‘born again’ zeal, decided Batman himself didn’t go far enough in punishing criminals; she needed a Batman who would help her eliminate criminals (i.e. kill them dead) and set about creating one. These were going to be ‘true’ Bruce Wayne clones, not nano-engineered ‘sons’; in fact, that had a whole lot of problems built into it, which we would have had to figure out if we’d ever gotten a greenlight

http://jl.toonzone.net/episode50/episode50.htm

Oh god, that is horrible. I still don't know why they had to give Terry an origin that connected him with Bruce. He was just fine as he was.

I liked the idea, it was comveluted sort of, but it pulled all sorts of things together showing it was possible in their world.

I was thinking:
The whole time watching Batman Beyond I never noticed,
Terry's mother and father had brownish redish hair, while he and his brother had jet black hair like Bruce. I wonder if they had planned it all along, but never got a chance to do it in Batman Beyond so they used that idea in JLU.

(sort of similar to the Fry and Nibbler thing, in the very first episode you can see Nibbler's shadow under the desk when Fry falls into the cryogenitc chamber.)

I wonder if Bruce Timm and all them had planned this.

I liked the idea, it was comveluted sort of, but it pulled all sorts of things together showing it was possible in their world.

I was thinking:
Terry's mother and father had brownish redish hair, while he and his brother had jet black hair like Bruce. I wonder if they had planned it all along, but never got a chance to do it in Batman Beyond so they used that idea in JLU.

(sort of similar to the Fry and Nibbler thing, in the very first episode you can see Nibbler's shadow under the desk when Fry falls into the cryogenitc chamber.)

or his mom died her hair.

I wasn't a fan of the Bruce/Terry connection, either. "Epilogue" was a good episode, don't get me wrong. It was full of emotion and pathos and all that good stuff. I just didn't like the underlying idea that it was built on. Kind of like Infinite Crisis and Superboy Prime's Reality-Punching Fists O' Doom.

I was thinking:

The link I posted above suggests he didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"