Comics Beast LICKED Psylocke..? WTF?

SMroxs

Appreciator of cute boys
Reaction score
Um, am I the only one who thought it was out of character for Beast to lick Psylocke's neck in Uncanny #460? Where did that come from? I realize Beast has been in dry dock since Trish Tilby ran out on him, but that's no excuse for him to molest his teammates! :rolleyes:

There's quite alot of rampaging hormones among the X-Men right now. You've got the Ororo/Logan/Kurt-Kurt/Ororo/Rachel double triangle. And with this latest in Uncanny now it looks like there is a Kurt/Hank/Psylocke triangle! Geez guys, get a room...

After he licked her he said something like "blah blah.. Beast is not just a codename blah blah". I think that the beast inside made him do that.. y'know instinct.

Psh.... it's only Uncanny. Not like it's a real X-Book.

Wolverine licked Cyclops once.... now THAT is creepy.

i haven't read the entire issue yet but I hope it turns out better than the disgusting dinosaur story.. *barfs*, from the previews i've read it looks decent.

STrangely enough... I'd like to see that.

True? not true? oh do tell!

its alright, but the ending feels crammed in and doesnt fit the rest of the book. Its also prone to weird stuff (beast molestation) and continuity errors.

I've got no problem with Hank and Betsy. It's one of the better matches they've come up with in ages. I dont think a damn thing is going to happen with the Logan/Ororo/Kurt/Rachel stuff, and the better for that.

Kurt and Betsy werent even flirting really - just a closeness they have, same as a dozen other x-men. They are a family afterall.

Oh, and i loved this issue for some reason! Read it three times already. I just like character moments where more about the mansion, the specific team and whatnot are dealth with. Hated Emma's characterisation (again - for God's sake quit the queen ***** stuff!), but loved the art. Raney did a perfect job on every character! I would have thought Cyke would have more to say to Betts. She was on his team for years and they had that flirtation thing going on, and she was in love with one of his best friends. Scott needs to stop letting Emma do all his talking and dictating his actions.

I actually liked this issue, too(GASP). There were, like, actual human emotions and stuff. Other than The Lick, I thought Hank and Betsy's reunion was pretty well-executed. And even The Lick could be...sort of...explained...in that historically neither Psylocke nor Beast are very prudish about these things.

Still kinda came out of nowhere, though.

SMroxs said:
Um, am I the only one who thought it was out of character for Beast to lick Psylocke's neck in Uncanny #460? Where did that come from? I realize Beast has been in dry dock since Trish Tilby ran out on him, but that's no excuse for him to molest his teammates! :rolleyes:

There's quite alot of rampaging hormones among the X-Men right now. You've got the Ororo/Logan/Kurt-Kurt/Ororo/Rachel double triangle. And with this latest in Uncanny now it looks like there is a Kurt/Hank/Psylocke triangle! Geez guys, get a room...

they had a budding romance going in Xtreme Xmen

Cyclops said:
Psh.... it's only Uncanny. Not like it's a real X-Book.

Hahahahahahaha! Come on, Cyke. This was actually a pretty decent issue, I thought. Certainly more enjoyable than the last one I read.

BB

Doesn't sound like that's saying much.

Anyway, yes, Wolverine did lick Cyclops. It was Wolverine # 101, right after Wolvie's de-evolution thanks to Cable's son. Wolvie, Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, and Cannonball found themselves in Ozymandias's lair in Morocco, and at some point, Cyclops got knocked down a really deep chasm, and Wolvie dove after him. Cyke was knocked out when he smacked his head on a rock. Wolvie was too stupid to do anything but lick the guy's face to get him to wake up. It worked.

I liked the issue, too. Surprisingly. I mean, come on, Juggernaut!!!!

o_O

Apparently, feral mutants don't seem to have much of a problem licking each other. I don't even want to know which of her teammates Wolfsbane has licked.

I enjoyed this issue. It almost felt like old-school Claremont. Good characterization.

P.S.: Who wouldn't lick Psylocke?

Marcdachamp said:
I liked the issue, too. Surprisingly. I mean, come on, Juggernaut!!!!

but did he lick anyone?

Cyclops said:
Doesn't sound like that's saying much.

Anyway, yes, Wolverine did lick Cyclops. It was Wolverine # 101, right after Wolvie's de-evolution thanks to Cable's son. Wolvie, Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, and Cannonball found themselves in Ozymandias's lair in Morocco, and at some point, Cyclops got knocked down a really deep chasm, and Wolvie dove after him. Cyke was knocked out when he smacked his head on a rock. Wolvie was too stupid to do anything but lick the guy's face to get him to wake up. It worked.

*LOL* I totally remember that now... that was a fun issue, sad how Logan sacerficed himself to help cannonball!:up:

i think i know what may be happening bear whith me a minuite
in west coast avengers tigra was once depicted as having a phase where catlike instinct from her implanted dna started to take over[as it did in tv's dark angel]as i understand it hanks mutation has gone from ape to feline maybe its feline instincts affecting his mind as it did greer nelon and max guiverias[tigra and the dark angel respectively]

I had zero problem with it. This was one of the better X-issues out lately. Even Astonishing is goofy right now.

Hey, I'd lick Psylocke. On more places than her neck. ;-) I keed, I keed. Yeah, it did seem wierd fer Beast ta do that. Frankly, I hope the de-evolve him soon.

Astonishing has very clever arcs, but even though its based at the mansion (largely) and they seem to do a tonne of talking, there really is bugger all character interaction or development. Kitty and Emma still ***** at one another, Scott just stands there and lets Emma make all the tactical decisions and Piotr just kinda fills space because the theme of the arc at the moment doesnt allow for any personal stuff between the team.

Uncanny has largely sucked so far (but then so has adjectiveless for the most part - I dont know where Milligan is trying to go with the Golgotha stuff and the constant Alex having a go at Bobby thing and Bobby being an Arse) but this issue was brilliant and I wish there were more like it coming out of the mind of Claremont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"