Legends of Tomorrow Beloved superhero to debut in finale of LOT: Will set up season 2

KidFlash6969

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...umored-to-debut-in-legends-of-tomorrow-finale

Exciting!! A lot of commetors on the article are predicting Booster Gold, which would make sense given his relation with Rip Hunter.

I'm hoping its GL. I know a lot of people think it's unlikely that we'll see Hal in the CWverse, but we had less warning about Martian Manhunter on Supergirl and they've been hinting at him for a while.

But since the only clue on who this is is that they're "beloved" does anyone have any ideas or hopes on what character it could be?

you didnt need to make a whole new thread on topic as it was already getting discussed in the general news thread.

I was wondering about the Legion of Superheroes since they use time travel.

But given the era how about Alan Scott the original Green Lantern?

If we're talking 1950's then JSA would be a nice surprise but if we're talking a set up for season 2 and it involves one specific character to be called beloved would suggest someone more on the level of say... no unless we're talking Dr Fate or Shazam the Wizard I wouldn't count Booster Gold I'd still say Alan Scott and have them involved in establishing the JSA now that would be a riot if by leaving them there Rip creates the very force he needed to thwart Savage more effectively!

legion or booster are the most likely ones to it being to play up the time travel aspect to the show.

I was wondering about the Legion of Superheroes since they use time travel.

But given the era how about Alan Scott the original Green Lantern?

If we're talking 1950's then JSA would be a nice surprise but if we're talking a set up for season 2 and it involves one specific character to be called beloved would suggest someone more on the level of say... no unless we're talking Dr Fate or Shazam the Wizard I wouldn't count Booster Gold I'd still say Alan Scott and have them involved in establishing the JSA now that would be a riot if by leaving them there Rip creates the very force he needed to thwart Savage more effectively!

I would love to see Alan Scott debuted! Im a huge fan of the JSA and I hope once we get the Jay Garrick stuff sorted out on The Flash we will see Alan Scott and earth 2 Wildcat forming the Justic Society on Earth 2

BleedingCool's sources told them the mystery guy is

Alan Scott
tumblr_nipicg9T7k1tgo8o0o1_500.png

Last edited:
I would not be at all surprised to see GL, they've been teasing GL for two years now, maybe DC/WB finally gave them the go ahead to use one of them.

I would not be at all surprised to see GL, they've been teasing GL for two years now, maybe DC/WB finally gave them the go ahead to use one of them.

I would. For reasons of either plot of budget or both Firestorm is kept apart most of the time and GL would be even worse in that regard.

I would. For reasons of either plot of budget or both Firestorm is kept apart most of the time and GL would be even worse in that regard.

From firestorm to King Shark I've continually been shocked by what the CW has been able to accomplish to the point where I don't doubt them being able to pull off almost anything in the DC universe.

I dunno if you've ever tried o so special effects in any capacity, but I actually think the GL powers lend themselves to being a lot easier to pull off than the other characters they've done. Like the giant green bubbles and cartoonish constructs are a lot easier to pull off than something like firestorm that has to be tight and track the person closely

i saw the rumor over at tvline where they think the mystery hero wont be booster. As it makes for more sense to be booster to tie into he is a time travel, history with rip and the time masters. Then it being a gl or a beetle. As we know the producers been wanting a gl and beetle but been blocked by dc on those cases. Cant wait to see who the mystery guy will be.

From firestorm to King Shark I've continually been shocked by what the CW has been able to accomplish to the point where I don't doubt them being able to pull off almost anything in the DC universe.

I agree entirely but the problem is the budget.

For instance, they do a great Grodd and King Shark, but we see them once or twice a season and he blows a large amount of their season's budget. If he was in every single episode, they would have to really cut down on his quality.

That's why we barely ever see Firestorm despite having him on the wave rider.

I agree entirely but the problem is the budget.

For instance, they do a great Grodd and King Shark, but we see them once or twice a season and he blows a large amount of their season's budget. If he was in every single episode, they would have to really cut down on his quality.

That's why we barely ever see Firestorm despite having him on the wave rider.

Exactly, if Firestorm is not Firestorm 95% of the time they might as well replace them with 2 less expensive(fx wise) characters.

Honestly, I get the impression that Firestorm's absence has less to do with budget, and more to do with plot-protection. He's kept away because, if they actually used him, he would solve their story in two minutes.

Honestly, I get the impression that Firestorm's absence has less to do with budget, and more to do with plot-protection. He's kept away because, if they actually used him, he would solve their story in two minutes.

It doesn't really matter if it is because of budget or plot. If they are FS so little might as well use a couple lower powered characters that require less fx. Solve the problem either way.

I think you're probably right actually. The FX on firestorm would hit their budget per use. But plot protection is probably a thing as well.

But overall my point kinda stands. CW do amazing FX on these shows, but if they went a whole season with Grodd as the villain, they'd really need to tone it down.

Ya budget isn't the only reason for things. And like folks have said there is alot more on a tv budget you can pull off now. Then say SV was at its high. Plus we know at least legends wise they have a solid enough budget.

Holy **** Alan Scott is the one hero I want to see more than anyone else. Along with Hal, but more Alan because this is probably the only chance we'll have to see live action Alan for a long time . I definitely think they will make him openly gay, that'd be a wise move, to finally get an awesome gay superhero out in live action.

Alan Scott would be awesome

You know what if they reveal he's helping the Super Girl of Earth 1 adapt to life on Earth (aka Power Girl)?

It wouldn't be the first time they messed up the time line and having Alan Scott becoming Green Lantern to help protect the Earth from the backlash of these alterations.

Well if they're going with the newer version wouldn't that also mean having a previous incarnation of Hawk Girl introduced?

I think you're probably right actually. The FX on firestorm would hit their budget per use. But plot protection is probably a thing as well.

But overall my point kinda stands. CW do amazing FX on these shows, but if they went a whole season with Grodd as the villain, they'd really need to tone it down.

Imagine what this show would look like if it was given the same type of budget and resources that Supergirl has on CBS and Agents of SHIELD on ABC.

But yeah, I feel like it's because of their budget that we don't see Firestorm as much. This also applies to how we see Snart's gun used. In his debut on "The Flash", we saw that the gun was capable of freezing people and leaving visual signs of that effect.

However, aside from seeing Snart freeze his own hand off two episodes ago, we haven't seen Snart Freeze anything. His gun acts more like a regular blaster. Doing make up and CGI effects for the appearance of freezing something/someone is costly.

I'm kind of worried on what Season 2 will look like since the budgets for CW shows tend to go down as time passes.

Imagine what this show would look like if it was given the same type of budget and resources that Supergirl has on CBS and Agents of SHIELD on ABC.

But yeah, I feel like it's because of their budget that we don't see Firestorm as much. This also applies to how we see Snart's gun used. In his debut on "The Flash", we saw that the gun was capable of freezing people and leaving visual signs of that effect.

However, aside from seeing Snart freeze his own hand off two episodes ago, we haven't seen Snart Freeze anything. His gun acts more like a regular blaster. Doing make up and CGI effects for the appearance of freezing something/someone is costly.

I'm kind of worried on what Season 2 will look like since the budgets for CW shows tend to go down as time passes.

I would almost guarantee it's not far off from Supergirl.

The pilot cost $14, but the effects in every episode after that have looked dodgey at best. Flash's effects are almost always well above Supergirl's.

If people think every episode of Supergirl costs as much as having an airliner crash, They're insane.

I would almost guarantee it's not far off from Supergirl.

The pilot cost $14, but the effects in every episode after that have looked dodgey at best. Flash's effects are almost always well above Supergirl's.

If people think every episode of Supergirl costs as much as having an airliner crash, They're insane.

Supergirl's effects are more ambitious though. I can't recall anything on The Flash that compares with the scene of Supergirl chasing the nuclear missile. Or the fight between Martian Manhunter and Indigo. Or the scenes of the holocaust on Mars of the Green Martians. And the White Martian effects were every bit as good as King Shark or Gorilla Grodd. I also suspect the Supergirl flying scenes cost more than the Flash running scenes. I don't think wirework comes cheap, for example. The safety considerations, CGIing out the wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"