Best American accent by a British actor......

I was getting close until she did the New Zealand accent & got her age wrong, completely ruined the moment.:cwink:

She did that because of the unique way that Kiwis say their sixes and sevens - 'sex' and 'sivin.'

Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, and Colin Farrell are all fantastic.

Gary Oldman in Batman Begins and Lyellen Mosse's wife from No Country For Old Men..I think she is british and she pulls of a great Texas girl accent.

Gary Oldman in Batman Begins and Lyellen Mosse's wife from No Country For Old Men..I think she is british and she pulls of a great Texas girl accent.

Kelly McDonald shes scottish (British). She was the jailbait Ewan MCGreggor bumped uglies with in Trainspotting.

Hands down :word:

63houseMD.jpg

We'll, I'll best all ya'll!

"Hello, my name is Amy Walker..."

She's a good 'ole American gurrrl that can do a better Brit, Amur'rican, Pole, Kiwi, Australian, German, Russian accent then all them thar pansies ya'lls refur'd 2.

Not really but she's good!

"Whaat? Cuz I'm doin' da thing!!"

Damn New Yorkers.

Bad American doing English

Dick Van Dyke In Mary Poppins
Don Cheadle in Oceans 11
Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta

Good American doing English

Johnny Depp in From Hell
Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
Johnny Depp in that film about Sweeney Todd

Johnny Depp? Come on his mockerney accent was easily on level with Cheadle in Pirates and Todd. Can't remember From Hell. Stop the love in!

No 'love in' my friend. He sounded like Keith Richards in the Pirates films and well on point in From Hell. Credit where it is due.

Jamie Bamber from BSG

I'd love for the House lovers to watch Blackadder series III and IV. You wouldn't believe his speech.

He sucks at German though in Blackadder II.

No 'love in' my friend. He sounded like Keith Richards in the Pirates films and well on point in From Hell. Credit where it is due.

I've not heard Richards speak, so can't complain there. I just find it quite unbelievable. But I'm from the north and all southerners sound like dirty chimney sweeps to me.

65 responses already, I'm home, *sob*.

-Hugh Laurie
-Anna Friel
-Tim Roth
-Ian McShane
-Daniel Day-Lewis
-Idris Elba
-Eddie Izzard
-Michelle Ryan

FTMFW

-TNC

Is Sam Neill American or British?

^ Australian.

D'OH!!....and not the sort of amateur-ish question I should've asked with the World Wide Web at my disposal.

Well I've saw him do both a convincing British and American accent

I think :woot:

:woot:

Easy mistake. It's rare that you'll hear an Australian using their native accent in Hollywood films?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"