Best Fictional Creature, Monster or Humanoid Tournament.

Haha. Within the next decade (or less), people will wonder why Twilight was so popular. I've been wondering why for the last year or so, personally.

Haha. Within the next decade (or less), people will wonder why Twilight was so popular. I've been wondering why for the last year or so, personally.

well, its pretty simple... American society, with the popularity of girls like Paris Hilton and Kim Karadasian... and the overalll "skinny is grogious" mentallity, has created an army of misfit fat tweens and teenagers... these girls, since no boy wants to "snog" them... read books like Twilight, and wish they could be the girl within.. that a vampire manboy, will come and take them away from all their problems.... of course, these girl shop at hot topic and torrid... trying to look a glitterfied chubby vampire chick.... in hopes that thier fictional desires may come true...

and untill skinny vampires become real, and take these chub chubs away... everytime we go to barnes and noble, or the mall... we must deal with the chub chubs wattling like a penguin to their local vampire goth, clothing store...

I have to wonder about this thread. You have clearly designated this tournament to be about FICTIONAL "monsters, creatures, or humanoids", and yet you have very real animals mentioned (T Rex, Mammoth, Pirates, Trojan Warriors...heck, depending on who reads this thread, angels as well).

Just saying...

Anyone who has bad feelings about vampires due to "Twilight" just needs to watch 30 Days of Night to see what vampires are supposed to be.

You always know how to bring me back... and make me feel old at the same time. :csad:

That's my job. :up:

It's kind of funny -- supposedly the "Monster in My Pocket" toy series was an inspiration for Pokemon (which was short for "pocket monsters").

But lest we Americans get cocky about having inspired the creation of Pokemon in Japan, there's also the fact that Monster in My Pocket was copying the popular M.U.S.C.L.E. wrestling monster figurines from the mid-1980s, which were of course originally Japanese toys taken from the Kinnikuman Japanese manga and anime series.

2vio2sm.jpg

So the Japanese win again.

****? Crap? Lame?

Apparently we have a difference of opinion as to the quality of 30 days of Night.

Very well then, how about The Hunger, Nosferatu the Vampyre or John Carpenter's Vampires?

It doesn't take much to wipe away the stink of "Twilight".

Apparently we have a difference of opinion as to the quality of 30 days of Night.

Very well then, how about The Hunger, Nosferatu the Vampyre or John Carpenter's Vampires?

It doesn't take much to wipe away the stink of "Twilight".

Nosferatu is a good movie... don't know of the Hunger, and JC's Vampires was 100% crap.. James Woods is not a convincing vampire hunter...

I perfer that of Bram Strokers original vision... the sexuality of that...

same with Ann Rice.. Lestat was awesome..

Gargoyles!!

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ygrEVnrg3Ic&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ygrEVnrg3Ic&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Gargoyles. Vampires have been pretty crappy for a while now, dating back to Buffy (which was an awesome show but was filled with *****epires).

I perfer that of Bram Strokers original vision... the sexuality of that...

same with Ann Rice.. Lestat was awesome..

If by "Bram Stoker's original version", you mean Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula movie, I'll agree that it's OK, but it is most definitely NOT faithful to the original book, either in events or the depiction of Dracula. And Keanu Reeves, for god's sake.

Both Coppola's Dracula and Rice's sexy foppish vampires are not what the original mythical vampires were supposed to be like. Traditional vampires are evil, stinking, animalistic corpse-spirits that get bloated on blood .

If by "Bram Stoker's original version", you mean Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula movie, I'll agree that it's OK, but it is most definitely NOT faithful to the original book, either in events or the depiction of Dracula. And Keanu Reeves, for god's sake.

Both Coppola's Dracula and Rice's sexy foppish vampires are not what the original mythical vampires were supposed to be like. Traditional vampires are evil, stinking, animalistic corpse-spirits that get bloated on blood .

yeah, Coppola's.... Oldman was great... the rest, not so much....

Traditional vampires are evil, stinking, animalistic corpse-spirits that get bloated on blood .

I know this and accept it, though I prefer the more civilized, classy vampires, such as Dracula. They've gotta be evil though, I don't buy good vampires at all. They're like vegetarians.

Touch choice but I'll help out Gargoyles on this one. Plus I think Vampires have been overdone lately.

ooohhh tough choice, they both come out at night, they both can fly, one mesmerizes the opposite sex and the other is a protector...

I vote for the protectors... but it was a tough call.

Man this is tied up and i assumed Vampires won for i called it earlier.

Ohhh a toughie..... but I got to go with Gargoyles. Mainly because Vamps are getting a little to much love now a days. But anyone who watched the animated show Gargoyles, know how bad ass they are.

Gargoyles are pretty cool... They took my vote.

Its now confirmed Gargoyles win 20 to 17 and who would have thought it could happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"