Beyond Good & Evil Getting HD Re-Release

Reaction score
YES.

http://kotaku.com/5651856/beyond-good--evil-getting-hd-re+release

Beyond Good & Evil, one of the best (and yet under-appreciated) games of the previous hardware generation, is to receive a well-deserved re-release in high definition, Ubisoft has revealed.

It won't just be a quick and dirty cash-in, though; level textures and character models are being improved, it'll run at 1080p and the game's score is also being improved.

Beyond Good & Evil HD will be released on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation network sometime in 2011.

If you've never played the original, which was released in 2003, think Zelda (with its dungeons and action/RPG mannerisms) with a little Metroid/Dead Rising (scanning/photography) thrown in for good measure.

Meh. Still waiting on updates about the sequel.

Here's an update: It's not happening. ;)

seriously though, it makes me wonder if this rerelease is just a way to gauge the interest in the possibility of a sequel. If this sells like crap, you can pretty much guarantee that the sequel won't happen.

Nintendo did the same thing when they released Sin & Punishment on the virtual console. It sold really well...so we got a sequel that noone expected to ever get.

And it is wonderful. :O

God of War Collection was the first of a new trend, HD rereleases

God of War Collection
Team ICO HD Collection
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Sly Cooper HD Collection
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

and the rumors

Prince of Persia HD Collection
Mortal Kombat HD collection
Splinter Cell HD Collection

This isn´t the first time HD remakes are made, Microsoft released in the last two years Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie and Perfect Dark. But now i see it as a new trend growing, and i´m sure it will not stop here (a lot more from Sony will follow, i´m sure, and i bet we will see Halo and Halo 2 HD sooner or later.

This is happening because the world economy is fu**ed up, so, to make HD remakes is very cheap for the developers/publishers, it doesn´t take too long (i bet 2/3 months at most) and they are not released at full price, which is great for the consumer.
Oh yeah, and some of them deserve a HD release...

I'm pretty happy with this trend.
There are some fantastic games out there that would be amazing with an HD makeover.

I don't know if that's true or not, I but I think this remake for lack of a better term, shows that Ubisoft isn't confident about pouring millions and millions of dollars into a sequel. I think this is them testing the waters to see if there's just a loud minority crying for a sequel or if there's genuine interest in another one.

Woah, woah, woah, woah!!!

Back up...the sequel isn't going to be made afterall?

They showed the trailer, Ubisoft later said that it was never officially announced as an actual project. They have flip flopped answers here and there.

It's probably not going to happen though.

I always regretted not playing Beyond Good and Evil after hearing all the amazing things about it. So I am absolutely getting this. The God of War HD collection was a great way to revisit a stellar game series of its time that wouldn't look washed out and pixelated on an HD screen. I really hope Square notices this and releases HD versions of Xenogears, Chrono Cross and Vagrant Story.

I don't really see any difference from the pc version. Serous sam HD has quite a noticeable face lift, this more or less looks like they have just bumped up the res with some AA.

Makes me wonder if Fear Effect might get the same treatment I really wanted to see where that story was going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"