HD Updates

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
There's probably already a thread on this, but I want to know what games from the previous two generations (PS1, Saturn, N64, PS2, DC, GC, Xbox) would you most like to see get the HD treatment. You can list actual full-on remakes if you want, but I'm specifically talking about HD remastering, meaning it's largely the same game as before, just with higher resolution textures, widescreen support, updated controls, and other minimal upgrades.

To keep people from making big lists, I just want your top 5. And no "ties" or listing multiple games per spot, unless you're talking about a collection like the The Sly Collection for example, then it's okay.

For reference, here's a list of all the HD updates that were released this generation or have been announced:

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Beyond Good & Evil
Crazy Taxi
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram
Final Fantasy X
God of War
God of War II
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
GTI Club
Half-Minute Hero
Ico
Ikaruga
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Perfect Dark
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Resident Evil - Code: Veronica X
Resident Evil 4
Rez
Sega Bass Fishing
Shadow of the Colossus
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur
Space Channel 5 Part 2
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Legend
Triggerheart Exelica
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

And remakes:

Bionic Commando
GoldenEye 007
Halo: Combat Evolved
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
NBA Jam
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
The Secret of Monkey Island
Siren
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
Tomb Raider
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Let me know if I missed any.

My top 5 are:

1. Shenmue 1+2
2. Mega Man Legends 1+2+Misadventures of Tron Bonne
3. Final Fantasy XII
4. Persona 3+4
5. Otogi 1+2

I'd love to see an HD remake of Megaman Legends 1 and 2, considering how all the fans felt screwed over because the third game was cancelled, Capcom owes it to us.

I'd also like to see an HD update of Skies of Arcadia and Legend of Dragoon, or a sequel to both.

I'd like some HD ports of the Hitman series. I mean hell, Blood Money was basically just that, an HD port.

I'd also LOVE to see the Resident Evil remake get an HD port onto either the 360 or PS3. I'd pay a full 59.99 for that in a nanosecond

I want a GTAIII Trilogy HD set. If they could just bump the graphics a bit and fix camera controls, oh man. Hell, I'd just take a GTAIII HD game.

I LOVED Anniversary. It was like rediscovering my favourite game all over again. Wouldn't mind a Halo 2 remake.

A GTA upgrade would be nice as well.

I LOVED Anniversary. It was like rediscovering my favourite game all over again. Wouldn't mind a Halo 2 remake.

A GTA upgrade would be nice as well.
Oh man, if they could do an update to HALO 2, like they did with Anniversary, then I would be all over that! That's arguably THE best HALO in the franchise. I would also want all the MP maps, from HALO 2, remastered as well.

Oh man, if they could do an update to HALO 2, like they did with Anniversary, then I would be all over that! That's arguably THE best HALO in the franchise. I would also want all the MP maps, from HALO 2, remastered as well.

The best thing about Halo 2 was the MP. So if they updated Halo 2 then they can't change a thing MP wise besides the graphics

The Beyond Good and Evil release was sooo sexy. Ah, good times.

Skyrim was my first introduction to the Elder Scrolls universe, so an HD release of Morrowind, please. That would blow my mind. It'll never happen, but c'mon.

Oooh, strick rules, I love it!

Uh... anyway...

5. Halo 2 - Now that it's the only game in my favorite shooter series that isn't running in HD... it'd be nice to complete the set.

4. Pokemon Red/Blue console remake - How Nintendo never got around to bringing us a fully realized Pokemon world in 3D is beyond me. Pokemon is the perfect RPG imo, but if you could give its world the kind of character that the little critters have, then this would be something else.

3. Killzone remake - I'd love Guerrilla to revisit the first game now that we know they can make an accomplished shooter series. I saw a lot of potential in the first Killzone even if it was a kind of ho-hum shooter. I'd love to see it again looking as good as KZ2.

2. Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remakes - If people need more Snake then this is the only logical way I see him coming back (not that logistics matter with Metal Gear). It would be great to get two hardcore stealth titles out of the franchise again, even though I'm really looking forward to Rising.

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - This would just look absolutely gorgeous in HD, not that it doesn't already. It's my personal favorite Zelda and I can only dream of discovering the great sea on my 42" TV.

Oh man, Wind Waker in HD would be glorious. I also agree about Pokemon. Nintendo better give us a full, open world, online capable Pokemon game with the WiiU.

Oh man, Wind Waker in HD would be glorious. I also agree about Pokemon. Nintendo better give us a full, open world, online capable Pokemon game with the WiiU.

I know, right? And imagine being able to save your Pokemon onto the tablet then take it round a friends house and battle them with his on his Wii U or something.

Nintendo seem happy with just a portable Poke-RPG, not that they're not great, but it could be so much more on console.

Wind Waker is a really good pick. It's crazy how awesome that game looks in HD.

98149_emulador_gamecube_hace_posible_wii_hd_0_full.jpg

Zelda%20WW%2014.jpg
wwhd.jpg

Screen1-Large.jpg
wind_waker_dolphin-4.jpg

They only things I can see that they would need to do any real work on is they would have to clean up the skyboxes, make the UI sharper, and redo some of the finer details, like the pattern on Link's shield, but other than that...

halolz-dot-com-futurama-thelegendofzelda-shutupandtakemyrupees.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"