Bill Westenhofer is the VFX supervisor.. what should we expect?

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Oscar nominated Chronicle of Narnia on 2005, then winning for Life of Pi is supervising Wonder Woman VFX!!
vfx supervisor Bill Westenhofer (“Life of Pi”) on Patty Jenkins’ “Wonder Woman”
11811293_882669825115737_4671203206533616393_n.jpg

http://variety.com/2015/artisans/news/gersh-cec-wpa-book-clients-1201559272/

Will this mean we may have some awesome VFX for the amazon princess?

Last edited:
Life of Pi is incredibly well done. A favorite film of mine that is a visual feast. This bodes well I think.

Life of Pi was just great to look at (such as the whale jumping at night.) This is great.

They got "Chronicles of Narnia" & "Life of Pi" vfx supervisor ?

Talking Tiger side-kick confirmed. :o

Fantastic news! one of my biggest concerns for the DCEU especially for directors who have never directed a major blockbuster film is bad visuals and yes, i am referring to green lantern i hope to Zod that we never have a situation like that again.

in fact i heard that one of the complaints of the fantastic 4 (albeit an enormous amount complaints) is that some of the visuals in this day and age is kinda poor, is this true?

Last edited:
He also won an Oscar for The Golden Compass.

He also won an Oscar for The Golden Compass.

Ah,

The Golden Compass = Talking Polar Bear
Chronicles of Narnia = Talking Lion (Aslan)
Life of Pi = Tiger (Not really talking, but close enough..)

Now, there must be something cooking ...

Pegasus will talk, y'all. :o

Hope this means Diana's talking Minotaur chef in the movie.

Hey maybe...
zyaDDl3.jpg

or...
vqsWWkO.png

or...
MF635uO.jpg

Are we going to have a WW with the power of "animal empathy", going as far as telepathy? :hmm

This is a great addition to this film. Life of Pi was visually fantastic for me.Themyscera will look great!

This is great news, a movie like Wonder Woman should be a visual spectacle, can't see to see what it looks like. :wlso::ww:

Fantastic news! one of my biggest concerns for the DCEU especially for directors who have never directed a major blockbuster film is bad visuals and yes, i am referring to green lantern i hope to Zod that we never have a situation like that again.

in fact i heard that one of the complaints (albeit an enormous amount complaints) is that some of the visuals in this day and age is kinda poor, is this true?

With something like Green Lantern, they were ill-prepared for the amount of visuals. They had to throw a lot of money towards the fx budget last-minute to finish it. Something like Fantastic Four, with reshoots and disagreements etc., it can make everything shoddy including the effects. I'm sure (I hope) this movie will take its time and know what it's getting into.

Pegasus will talk, y'all. :o

Yes!

Hope this means Diana's talking Minotaur chef in the movie.

If only!

Are we going to have a WW with the power of "animal empathy", going as far as telepathy? :hmm

Bring it! :

[YT]ekBqgJqXFss[/YT]

If they hired this guy, then I expect to see a VERY vibrant Themiscyera (and possibly Olympus as well should they choose to go there).

If they hired this guy, then I expect to see a VERY vibrant Themiscyera (and possibly Olympus as well should they choose to go there).

Exactly. And with the Pan writer as well, I wonder what they're going for.

Hopefully not another "Rooney Mara playing a Native American" type fiasco ;)

I wonder who'll be the Cinematographer for Wonder Woman? It won't be Larry Fong as he's off to shoot the new King Kong movie "Skull Island".

Yeah, I guess that's the key question now, given that it has to be someone whose work will complement one of VFX supervisor (or, more appropriately, other way round).

And I got false hope that there are some casting news as well when I saw this. Damn! :csad:

Anyway, I don't think I ever saw this guy's work, but I see that people are pretty much happy with the choice. That's good, I guess. Unless you're all wrong. :oldrazz:

Now it all depends on the budget, to be honest. He has done work in other movies where the VFX isn't very good. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters has scenes where it doesn't look good, and Land of the Lost looks pretty cheap (even though the dinosaur modeling is very good)

I imagine Wonder Woman will be $150m minimum possibly higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"